What's your opinion of the manager status?

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
isrodger
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Re: What's your opinion of the manager status?

Post by isrodger »

Thing is I just want promotion and I think he’d deliver it. Pay him a £1m a year with a £10m bonus for promotion.... of all the managers out there I think he’d get us up. Our football was very direct under Wilko even Graham but would take them in their pomp to get us up. If not great Moyes in ... I really am sick of unproven managers at the helm.
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

Moyes, definitely.
Give him two years to get things sorted though.
And honour that as fans, I mean.

I don't want to sell my soul to the devil .. you might as well support Man U if you're gonna do that .. we're not glory-hunters, are we ??
Deleted User 728

And I didn't mean that personally, mate - please don't take it the wrong way ! :o
birkybullufc
Arthur Fairclough's milliner

Post by birkybullufc »

Out of the names mentioned so far, it's Big Sam for me. Pretty much guarantees you promotion and staying up.
I liked watching his Bolton teams play with Okocha, Djorkaeff, Nakata and Co. I think he's always been easy to label with the long ball tag, but if you don't have as technically gifted players as the top 4, why would you want them playing out from the back and inviting mistakes? I like watching teams who can defend as a team and are greater than the sum of their parts. I've found this premierleague season boring, partly because teams have too many players who don't want to do the ugly work. Pretty much like Leeds since Christmas. When it's easy for teams to score then it takes away from the moment, imho.
Follow the cause not the leaders.
Daz5
Simon Grayson's Hairdresser

Post by Daz5 »

Rather have Big Mick he would be well up for the job ..
SG90
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Post by SG90 »

Allardyce has no interest in developing young players either, so zero chance of the likes of Clarke, Dalby, Shackleton etc getting a chance.
Deleted User 2747

Post by Deleted User 2747 »

In my humble opinion, The current manager has done nothing to indicate that he is the right person for the job. His appointment
(as I said at the time) was overwhelmingly underwhelming.

There seems to be a lot of big names roaming around at the moment, it could be our opportunity to get just the person that will make the difference.

I used to like 'Big Sam' until I discovered until he brought the whole England show down. Can't be doing with greedy crooks. and I think we have had our fill of those at Elland Road.

Would love to see Mick McCarthy as our manager, but Moyes could be the guy to make the difference. In my humble opinion.

:wave:
SG90
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Post by SG90 »

I'd prefer Bilic or QSF of those available.
Deleted User 728

1. I don't think we'll change manager over the summer

2. If we do make a change later this year, it'll probably be for a relatively unknown foreigner potentially on the way up and definitely on the cheap, ie TC2.0.
birkybullufc
Arthur Fairclough's milliner

Post by birkybullufc »

SG90 wrote:Allardyce has no interest in developing young players either, so zero chance of the likes of Clarke, Dalby, Shackleton etc getting a chance.
What is that comment based on? He's brought lots of the kids through at Everton this season, like Holgate, Kenny and Calvert-Lewin at the expense of their big name signings.
Follow the cause not the leaders.