What's your opinion of the manager status?

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
Deleted User 3289

Re: What's your opinion of the manager status?

Post by Deleted User 3289 »

rigger wrote:
Viduka Hits The Mark wrote:I have afew tats, one being from when i was 15 yrs old, and believe me when i say it resembles my intellect at that time. :?
Photos please :D
I said tats rig, tats. :lol:

Depressingly i agree with DM. Lets see what the summer brings, i live in hope. Although i must say it doesn't fill me with optimism when AR is already selling off a percentage to raise some funds. Where are all the Billionaires? Come and join us, i dare you.
isrodger
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by isrodger »

Bring in big Sam and back him .... 3 year incentivised contract to get us up and keep us up.
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

isrodger wrote:Bring in big Sam and back him .... 3 year incentivised contract to get us up and keep us up.

Please no.

I don't want another crook at the club.
I'll keep saying this whenever someone suggests it.

It's got nothing to do with the turgid hoofball the man encourages, though that doesn't help either.

Thankfully, he'll be WAY out of our league financially and I doubt he'd drop down a division for anybody anyway.
He'll bide his time, go back to being a pundit for a bit and then wait for whoever is struggling next season in the Prem and get himself another six month role with a big, fat bonus for staying up .. ad infinitum.
DominanceUK
Arthur Fairclough's milliner

Post by DominanceUK »

rigger wrote:
isrodger wrote:Bring in big Sam and back him .... 3 year incentivised contract to get us up and keep us up.

Please no.

It's got nothing to do with the turgid hoofball the man encourages, though that doesn't help either.

Thankfully, he'll be WAY out of our league financially and I doubt he'd drop down a division for anybody anyway.
He'll bide his time, go back to being a pundit for a bit and then wait for whoever is struggling next season in the Prem and get himself another six month role with a big, fat bonus for staying up .. ad infinitum.
I agree with you Rigz. How that man still gets a job, let alone in the PL, is beyond me.

Hate is a strong word to use but I make an exception with him. As you pointed out Rigz, there's no chance he'd come to us anyway as he would want a ridiculous salary - thank god.

The guy really is a world class numpty.
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

rigger wrote:

Please no.

Until he gets relegated, then he's finished.
I once played against Don Revie.
Deleted User 728

He gets results though.
I can see why a nervy chairman would give him the job.

Like John said elsewhere, he's happy with a 0-0 against the bottom club. So long as he doesn't lose ..

José's not much better in terms of grinding out results, but he actually wins trophies along the way.
Speaking of Mourinho, I'm stunned more Man U fans aren't kicking off about the style of play under him given their supposed propensity for attacking football. How much longer do you think it'll last, this cautious relationship between him and the fans.
Unless he looks like winning the league next season, I think he'll be gone by Xmas.
Deleted User 728

johnh wrote: Until he gets relegated, then he's finished.
Yep, as we'll now see with Pardew I would think. I can't see anyone else giving him a gig.
DominanceUK
Arthur Fairclough's milliner

Post by DominanceUK »

rigger wrote:He gets results though.
I can see why a nervy chairman would give him the job.

Like John said elsewhere, he's happy with a 0-0 against the bottom club. So long as he doesn't lose ..

José's not much better in terms of grinding out results, but he actually wins trophies along the way.
Speaking of Mourinho, I'm stunned more Man U fans aren't kicking off about the style of play under him given their supposed propensity for attacking football. How much longer do you think it'll last, this cautious relationship between him and the fans.
Unless he looks like winning the league next season, I think he'll be gone by Xmas.
I can't see it unless they're struggling in the league like Chelsea were when he got sacked there. He's said on a few occasions this season that they're in a transitional period. He also has the support of the board, Sir Alex etc but I do agree, it's really boring watching them especially when they're playing one of the top teams.
Deleted User 3289

Post by Deleted User 3289 »

God no. Don't want anyone who brings the game into disrepute, especially whilst England manager. He should never work again in this country imo.

Yes there is probably alot more like him, but for me when you have the privilege of managing your country the last thing on your mind should be bungs. He possible realized he could earn £6m in 18months at Everton and wanted some extra cash as national boss?

His most successful job in Football even turned out to be corrupt. The then owner of Bolton Eddie Davis was dealing in illusion money. Its the equivalent of having Ken Bates has the manager.

Bung... Cheers ANS :thumbup:
Last edited by Deleted User 3289 on 16 May 2018, 18:11, edited 1 time in total.
Another Northern Soul
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Another Northern Soul »

It wasn't bribes though was it? It was more about 'bungs' and unlicensed payments I think, could well be wrong of course. George Graham was the same, and Brian Clough too. Puncheon was pretty much accusing Warnock of the same not too long back, and there were similar rumours about NW when he was here.