What's your opinion of the manager status?

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
Deleted User 3289

Re: What's your opinion of the manager status?

Post by Deleted User 3289 »

If I was spending big money on a manager ie the £6m that Everton have just paid, I would want someone better than Allardyce. That's just me though. And i'd also agree with the theory that without the correct players on the park, it could be Pep and the magic wand would be useless.
mis
George Graham's Crombie cleaner

Post by mis »

Hmm mate,

I like McCarthy to be our coach but hope that PH can perform well when the new season start..
We need stability, if not get McCarthy or Bowyer in assumingly Charlton fail to promote from league one this year.

I like Bowyer and smudger partnership if that is possible..

:)
rigger wrote:Looking at the two (extremely cheap) managers AR has chosen, I think all this talk of Allardyce and Ranieri is academic : regardless of whether they'd be given any money to spend, we couldn't afford their wages in the first place.

McCarthy maybe, if only because it would probably be his last job and he's a boyhood fan.

Other than that, I stick to what I said above in that Heck won't leave unless we make a poor start and then it'll be another unknown, probably from Europe on the cheap.
Deleted User 2747

Post by Deleted User 2747 »

I am disappointed that we are not attempting to sign a quality new manager such as McCarthy, or one of the many, 'name mangers' that have recently become available. I already feel that the next season will be same old same old. Perhaps I am being overly pessimistic..........
swindonwhite
Allan Clarke's tissue supplier

Post by swindonwhite »

I have a feeling there could be a major turnaround regarding our head coach/manager in the next week - quite a few mumblings about a new Italian Coach - might be nothing in it will wait with baited breath.
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

swindonwhite wrote:I have a feeling there could be a major turnaround regarding our head coach/manager in the next week - quite a few mumblings about a new Italian Coach - might be nothing in it - will wait with baited breath.
You can say that again .... :thumbup:
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

Were you guys awake all night worrying about the manager status? Posting before 8.00 am. :shock: :D
I once played against Don Revie.
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

I was up at 5am .. quite late for me, mind :(
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

Is it still dark at that time?
I once played against Don Revie.
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

No, not at all.

It actually start turning from black to purple to dark blue between 03:45 and 04:15. By 5am it's daylight all round, at least down here on the south coast.

This past fortnight I've left for work at 03:45 every morning so I know when it changes, but tomorrow morning I'll be up at half two to leave at 3am so I'm guessing it'll still be black.
SiMamu
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by SiMamu »

Michael Laudrup has just left the team he was managing in Qatar. I would love him here.
"A man with new ideas is a madman. Until his ideas triumph."