What's your opinion of the manager status?

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
Get the kettle on
Paul Heckingbottom's career advisor

Re: What's your opinion of the manager status?

Post by Get the kettle on »

I haven't been reading the latest manager/head coach rumours but having heard about the recent changes to investment/boardroom I can only summise that the club will feel increased scrutiny/pressure to ensure the style/coaching/management/results are up to sufficient standard.

My initial feelings upon hearing the invesment news was that Heckingbottom's tenure might soon be at an end and a different approach might be in the offing.. but that's probably me just hoping for better results/performances for next season.

I do think that more investment brings more scrutiny as to how our club is set up and run. Whilst I truly understand the need for a better squad, I personally can't help but feel a real desire for a much better of the field set up first and foremost, going beyond head coaches etc. Another thing I genuinely can't help but feel is that the call to spend what we haven't got ended up in LUFC being in this position in the first place..
swindonwhite
Allan Clarke's tissue supplier

Post by swindonwhite »

The only way out of this pig hole is to spend & spend BIG - yes there is the risk it may all backfire but the pros far out way the cons - £200 million a nice little incentive to reach the premier league. I love the song by the Small Faces All or nothing & think its time to really go for it.
saintjimmy
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Post by saintjimmy »

swindonwhite wrote:The only way out of this pig hole is to spend & spend BIG - yes there is the risk it may all backfire but the pros far out way the cons - £200 million a nice little incentive to reach the premier league. I love the song by the Small Faces All or nothing & think its time to really go for it.
Villa , Derby, Boro’ Wednesday to name a few thought that too and are all facing major challenges for failing, we need to spend more than we have done I agree but it’s more a case of spending it wisely on better quality it’s a fine line but it needs to be done right .

MOT
swindonwhite

Post by swindonwhite »

I am totally sick of having nothing-I want all-Bring in a class manager-pay whatever is needed & reach for the starz & not the top of some hill.
PhoenixUnited
Dick Ray's Talent Spotter

Post by PhoenixUnited »

It’s not been much of a test to see if Paul Heckingbottom is the man to do the business for Leeds United. However, in the short time that he has had and what with the suspensions & injuries since he has been with us one could argue that it hardly seems fair to pass an opinion. That said, his track record is simply appalling - with us and with Barnsley before us. So it is not a surprise that there seems to be a slowly gathering story that PH will not be at the helm when the season kicks off again in August.

I don’t know what to make of him yet and at the moment the jury is out as far as I am concerned. From what I have seen I have been unimpressed with what he did with team selections after the point at which the season was effectively over. There was an opportunity to blood some of the youngsters and sort out the wheat from the chaff as far as the senior players were concerned. Maybe start formulating a pattern or style of play. For reasons I have no idea about PH kept picking players that surely he knew were never going to help the cause next season. Perhaps he just could not be bothered or does not know what he is doing. I don’t know. There wasn’t much evidence anything at all about the team was gelling in a positive way.

The only way PH is going to prove anything is by getting players to do the business on the pitch. And that can’t obviously happen until next season. Whether he gets the chance to do this, be allowed a say in player recruitment, get the players mentally and physically where they need to be by August God only knows. I also know that there has been too much of chopping and changing at our club.

I have to say all said and done I think PH is going to get the bullet. I don’t know why other than I have a feeling in my water!

In the meantime, as has been said already on this site, the rumour mill is starting to rev up based on nothing but thin air about Leeds United looking for a replacement Head Coach.

BTW in as much as we look like we are in dire straits I really do not want to “Live the Dream” ever again thank you very much.
Keep The Faith / WAL
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

PhoenixUnited wrote: ... one could argue that it hardly seems fair to pass an opinion.
:wtf: :wave:

Deleted User 2988

Post by Deleted User 2988 »

swindonwhite wrote:The only way out of this pig hole is to spend & spend BIG
Cardiff?
swindonwhite

Post by swindonwhite »

I want to stay out of this pig hole for good not just the one season.
ilkley62

Post by ilkley62 »

I think we are at a major crossroads

Whether PH stays or goes our past spending policy has to change - I just don't see how the club can move forward without investing along with others at the upper end of the division - not sure the fans have the patience anymore to wait "a few more years"
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

saintjimmy wrote:
swindonwhite wrote:The only way out of this pig hole is to spend & spend BIG - yes there is the risk it may all backfire but the pros far out way the cons - £200 million a nice little incentive to reach the premier league. I love the song by the Small Faces All or nothing & think its time to really go for it.
Villa , Derby, Boro’ Wednesday to name a few thought that too and are all facing major challenges for failing, we need to spend more than we have done I agree but it’s more a case of spending it wisely on better quality it’s a fine line but it needs to be done right .

MOT
Very good point SJ, spending can work but it can also fail big time.
It's ok if you are some multi billionaires toy like Man City and can write off any failures.We clearly can't afford failures like most Clubs so any cash we do have needs to be used widely.
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.