Heckingbottom has left the building.

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
Polkadot
Eddie Gray's leftorium proprietor

Re: Heckingbottom has left the building.

Post by Polkadot »

Viduka Hits The Mark wrote: Looking at this another way, could it be a possibility that the club thinks we already have the quality players (Orta's rough diamonds) and its the coach who has let them down. Then Hey Presto, we employ this so called best coach in the world and he polishes the players into solid sparkly diamonds. And Orta was right all along?
I find this video very interesting, when it comes to Bielsas tactics.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wDRVk4qvDX0
DominanceUK
Arthur Fairclough's milliner

Post by DominanceUK »

Viduka Hits The Mark wrote:You can send a cart horse to the best trainer in the world and its still never going to be good enough to win the grand national. Translation, until we sign some quality players frankly i don't care who's in charge. (Over to Orta again, maybe this time with a larger budget for him to blow)

Looking at this another way, could it be a possibility that the club thinks we already have the quality players (Orta's rough diamonds) and its the coach who has let them down. Then Hey Presto, we employ this so called best coach in the world and he polishes the players into solid sparkly diamonds. And Orta was right all along?

Anyway, best of luck PH i'm not sure you were the right man to put bums on seats. I'm not sure your name would have reverberated enough in America.
Totally agree. My mate has just been telling me that Bielsa speaks very little english, if true, that's a big problem for me. I know it may sound that I'm being negative but I'm not entirely convinced by Bielsa, his last few jobs hasn't exactly set the world alight, he got sacked from Lille. The main thing for me is that he has no experience of England, let alone the Championship.
sgt_pooly
George Graham's Crombie cleaner

Post by sgt_pooly »

Interesting video.

It's pretty obvious this guy likes players with technique who are comfortable with the ball. He's going to love O'Kane, Cooper, Dallas....in fact most of the squad. He's in for a shock.
Deleted User 3289

Post by Deleted User 3289 »

Thing is for me, this league is not about tactical geniuses. Put someone in charge who knows what it takes and then buy the right players, its not rocket science, its called finance. :D Then even a certain Mr Warnock will get you promotion time and time again. Simples!
Deleted User 3289

Post by Deleted User 3289 »

sgt_pooly wrote:Interesting video.

It's pretty obvious this guy likes players with technique who are comfortable with the ball. He's going to love O'Kane, Cooper, Dallas....in fact most of the squad. He's in for a shock.
:lol:
yorkfan
Simon Grayson's Hairdresser

Post by yorkfan »

Regardless of the rights or wrongs of sacking The Heck, not very classy applying the chop whilst he's away on holiday ............ poor form.
morris474
Luke Aylings Scrunchie maker

Post by morris474 »

Whilst I agree that Heckingbottom didn't set the world alight, I have to say, we have a tradition of replacing managers with worse managers. of late.
Lets hope we get someone good, and that our money men have not targeted a coach from the Uzbekistan 3 tier who only costs £4.70 a week and a new goat
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

morris474 wrote:Whilst I agree that Heckingbottom didn't set the world alight, I have to say, we have a tradition of replacing managers with worse managers. of late.
Lets hope we get someone good, and that our money men have not targeted a coach from the Uzbekistan 3 tier who only costs £4.70 a week and a new goat
It could be even worse than that, it could be Pardew. :shock:
I once played against Don Revie.
isrodger
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by isrodger »

The only one for me who more or less guarantees success is big Sam. Did Kinnear have him at West Ham ?
johnnysmiles
George Graham's Crombie cleaner

Post by johnnysmiles »

Reports suggest we've already spoken to Bielsa / Bruce / Ranieri /

Of those 3, my preference would be Bruce, followed by Ranieri, followed by Bielsa