Heckingbottom has left the building.

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
ilkley62
Allan Clarke's tissue supplier

Re: Heckingbottom has left the building.

Post by ilkley62 »

Being Leeds I can see the headlines now - "With Leeds United sitting at the top of the Championship table with 6 wins out of 6, Senor Bielsa leaves after 44 days to take over his beloved Argentine national team after their disastrous World Cup"....... :D
Gilford_NI_Whites
George Graham's Crombie cleaner

Post by Gilford_NI_Whites »

From Cellino to AR, owners see Leeds as a 2nd division club and compare it to the 2nd division of all other leagues, or leagues they are familiar with. The problem with that is, the championship is one of the most equal and competitive there is. It's not like other leagues where the top third may beat the others at a canter.

Maybe now, AR is realising this.

He has tried the cheap, up and coming, route. It didn't work. Now it looks like he's trying the experienced route.

Unfortunately We need to sack managers until we get the right one. No point in keeping a manger that's not performing, just so we don't have another sacking to add to the list.
Deleted User 5081

Post by Deleted User 5081 »

I do think that every club has a right manager and many wrong ones. Some can look terrible in other clubs but then they get employed at a club and it fits them like a glove, similar to players. Some players adapt well at a club while others can't handle it. We have issues with both at the moment. Bielsa seems like someone we've needed for a long time, but will AR and his merry band of brothers start financing the real issues of the first team and its back up players? My doubts are still there until i see the proof of the pudding being baked.

I am growing tiresome of the cheaper option and the hit and hope attitude of Cellino and others before him and worse is from AR doing it. If we ever want to be a force in football again the time to act is NOW not do the 2-3 year plan. we've heard that since Bates regime I'm getting older and i miss the drama of the Premiership.
sgt_pooly
George Graham's Crombie cleaner

Post by sgt_pooly »

Recruitment is going to be very interesting if he comes in.

We've heard how much he's respected by Pep etc. Does this mean they'd be willing to send us some of their brightest prospects? I can imagine a year playing 1st team football under the tutorlidge of Bielsa would appeal to many a up and coming star.
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

"MEXICO boss Juan Carlos Osorio has backed Marcelo Bielsa to become a big hit at Leeds United if appointed the club's next head coach, revealing the Argentine had mentioned the club to him three weeks ago in a recent visit.

https://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/ ... -1-9190691
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
birkybullufc
Arthur Fairclough's milliner

Post by birkybullufc »

sgt_pooly wrote:Recruitment is going to be very interesting if he comes in.

We've heard how much he's respected by Pep etc. Does this mean they'd be willing to send us some of their brightest prospects? I can imagine a year playing 1st team football under the tutorlidge of Bielsa would appeal to many a up and coming star.
More importantly it would appeal to the managers of those respective clubs. He makes players better. The Leeds United players must be buzzing at the prospect of playing for him. We've wanted that top drawer manager/coach and now it looks like we've got him. He'll be able to attract better players than PH could dream of.

It's hard to have any sympathy for PH. He didn't like us before he came, I don't think he should have been appointed in the first place and he did nothing to turn around fortunes whilst he was here.
Follow the cause not the leaders.
phil62
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Post by phil62 »

Let's hope Bielsa is the one to get us up. To me it's a positive step after PH. Bielsa is something of a name, but that really means nothing in the Championship. If it works, great, if not we will go again with the next great hope. Nobody guarantees success - even Pep, Jose etc. and they have unlimited funds.
“Even the darkest night will end and the sun will rise.”
Deleted User 3289

Post by Deleted User 3289 »

phil62 wrote:Let's hope Bielsa is the one to get us up. To me it's a positive step after PH. Bielsa is something of a name, but that really means nothing in the Championship. If it works, great, if not we will go again with the next great hope. Nobody guarantees success - even Pep, Jose etc. and they have unlimited funds.
Is that tongue-in-cheek Phil? :shifty: Pep & Jose are 2 of the most successful managers of the modern era, who have just finished 1&2 in our top league. And in particular with Pep he has unlimited funds available. The problem i have with "the best coach in the world" Bielsa is why is he not being touted for the Madrid job, or even the West Ham job? I would rather change our aspirations from great hope, to tried and tested given time and resource. ON ON ON
SG90
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Post by SG90 »

He should never have got the job in the first place, glad we made the right decision rather than wasting 10 games next season. Happy with Bielsa. He's managed big jobs with big expectations, managed in different leagues and countries, so can adapt to different styles, well respected around the world, plays good football and fits in with the amount of Spanish speaking influence at the club. "Knowing the league" is a myth to keep the same managers getting jobs, Jokanovic (Watford), Rafa, Nuno, Wagner all got promoted without Championship experience. Also importantly, we can attract better players as they would want to play under him. Explains why we shifted from looking at Barnsley players to likes of Gunn and Hernandez.
saintjimmy
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Post by saintjimmy »

Should PH have been given a window and more time ? , maybe he should , but then maybe we should never have been able to ask ourselves that question in the first place, it could have worked on paper when you try and make the best of things scraping around for all the positives you can find as I first thought but then again there were times last season I was convinced we had a team that if it pulled it’s finger out and showed a bit of effort it could scrape in the top six , show’s what I know I guess.

Not sure what to make of MB as this league couldn’t give a monkeys about reputations but we will need better players along with him there is no doubt and to be fair I think we’ll go after them now too .

I’ve said before we’re not a million miles away at all and I’m very much looking forward to the coming season, but then again aren’t we all .

MOT
Last edited by saintjimmy on 03 Jun 2018, 10:48, edited 1 time in total.