Heckingbottom has left the building.

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Re: Heckingbottom has left the building.

Post by Davycc »

NottinghamWhite wrote:
+15 wrote:apparently Gustavo Munua is now in the running.

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2018/06/04/tw ... contender/
Again never heard of him but looks like yet another cheap option will Radz ever learn ?
Just thinking that myself. Surely if the rumours are true and talks have been going on for a while with MB it wouldn't make sense to be talking to another inexperienced manager as well ?
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
DominanceUK
Arthur Fairclough's milliner

Post by DominanceUK »

Davycc wrote:
NottinghamWhite wrote:
+15 wrote:apparently Gustavo Munua is now in the running.

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2018/06/04/tw ... contender/
Again never heard of him but looks like yet another cheap option will Radz ever learn ?
Just thinking that myself. Surely if the rumours are true and talks have been going on for a while with MB it wouldn't make sense to be talking to another inexperienced manager as well ?
Didn't Angus Kinnear say that we will be bringing in an experienced manager? Can't see it happening, probably just lazy journalism. But.. with Leeds, anything is possible!
Deleted User 3289

Post by Deleted User 3289 »

Expect the unexpected. I suspect it will be another coach similar to the one mentioned above, bought in on another 18 month contract with a remit to get us promoted. You know how the rest goes. Cynical i know, but 15 years of bull crap has made me that way.
TezzaWazzaBazza
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Post by TezzaWazzaBazza »

90% of what the bookies say to garbage.
phil62

Post by phil62 »

Viduka Hits The Mark wrote:
phil62 wrote:Let's hope Bielsa is the one to get us up. To me it's a positive step after PH. Bielsa is something of a name, but that really means nothing in the Championship. If it works, great, if not we will go again with the next great hope. Nobody guarantees success - even Pep, Jose etc. and they have unlimited funds.
Is that tongue-in-cheek Phil? :shifty: Pep & Jose are 2 of the most successful managers of the modern era, who have just finished 1&2 in our top league. And in particular with Pep he has unlimited funds available. The problem i have with "the best coach in the world" Bielsa is why is he not being touted for the Madrid job, or even the West Ham job? I would rather change our aspirations from great hope, to tried and tested given time and resource. ON ON ON
A little tongue in cheek. My point was that neither manager proved themselves at small clubs with limited resources. Come to Leeds and really prove yourself (Come on Arsene or Zinadene!)
“Even the darkest night will end and the sun will rise.”
Another Northern Soul
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Another Northern Soul »

phil62 wrote:
phil62 wrote:Let's hope Bielsa is the one to get us up. To me it's a positive step after PH. Bielsa is something of a name, but that really means nothing in the Championship. If it works, great, if not we will go again with the next great hope. Nobody guarantees success - even Pep, Jose etc. and they have unlimited funds.
Is that tongue-in-cheek Phil? :shifty: Pep & Jose are 2 of the most successful managers of the modern era, who have just finished 1&2 in our top league. And in particular with Pep he has unlimited funds available. The problem i have with "the best coach in the world" Bielsa is why is he not being touted for the Madrid job, or even the West Ham job? I would rather change our aspirations from great hope, to tried and tested given time and resource

A little tongue in cheek. My point was that neither manager proved themselves at small clubs with limited resources. Come to Leeds and really prove yourself (Come on Arsene or Zinadene!)
I've been village idiot like for ages saying we should get Wenger in :D but I think he wants a quieter life now, if quotes are to be believed. Genuinely knew nothing about Bielsa and, if he is the new boss, I don't have one inkling how he'll do. It seems most fans are v keen on him, he's got a very interesting CV and reputation but doesn't seem to have actually won that much, so I'm surprised there hasn't been more 'outrage' about him being next boss. Really looking forward to getting the new boss in asap and to new plans being put in place immediately.
Deleted User 3289

Post by Deleted User 3289 »

Another Northern Soul wrote:
phil62 wrote:
Is that tongue-in-cheek Phil? :shifty: Pep & Jose are 2 of the most successful managers of the modern era, who have just finished 1&2 in our top league. And in particular with Pep he has unlimited funds available. The problem i have with "the best coach in the world" Bielsa is why is he not being touted for the Madrid job, or even the West Ham job? I would rather change our aspirations from great hope, to tried and tested given time and resource

I've been village idiot like for ages saying we should get Wenger in :D but I think he wants a quieter life now, if quotes are to be believed. Genuinely knew nothing about Bielsa and, if he is the new boss, I don't have one inkling how he'll do. It seems most fans are v keen on him, he's got a very interesting CV and reputation but doesn't seem to have actually won that much, so I'm surprised there hasn't been more 'outrage' about him being next boss. Really looking forward to getting the new boss in asap and to new plans being put in place immediately.
That's one experiment i would love to see tested out in the future. Pep managing Burton or something? I suppose you could argue listening to all the plaudits about Bielsa, that he is as close has we have come to a world class coach. He just lacks the trophies to go with it.
birkybullufc
Arthur Fairclough's milliner

Post by birkybullufc »

A Copa America and a an Olympic Gold might only be 2 trophies but at international level it's 2 more than most.
3 championships in Argentina (I think) with Newell Old Boys, although their league system confuses me as I think they have two seasons each year, isn't bad. Getting to 2 continental club competition finals is on a par with Jurgen Klop, and I don't think we'd grumble if he was on his way. The Bilbao team he managed that beat Man United at Old Trafford played some super football.
Follow the cause not the leaders.
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

isrodger wrote:Whilst Bielsa would be an exciting appointment I just fear his knowledge of the championship and the type of players that are required in the championship reduce his chances of success, much like Sven at leicster.

Big Sam, Bruce and McCarthy would hit the ground running, although I detest Bruce and I’m not sure McCarthy is that good!
This went well !
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
Leonickroberts

Post by Leonickroberts »

Davycc wrote:
isrodger wrote:Whilst Bielsa would be an exciting appointment I just fear his knowledge of the championship and the type of players that are required in the championship reduce his chances of success, much like Sven at leicster.

Big Sam, Bruce and McCarthy would hit the ground running, although I detest Bruce and I’m not sure McCarthy is that good!
This went well !
:D :D :D
'When he plays on snow, he doesn't leave any footprints’