As a forum do we think BIELSA is the right man ?

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.

Is he

Yes he's the man
66%
I have my doubts
34%
I don't want him at the club
1%

Total votes: 137

SCOTTISH LEEDS
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Re: As a forum do we think BIELSA is the right man ?

Post by SCOTTISH LEEDS »

yorkfan wrote:Oor Wullie .......... for the benefit of all Jock Leeds fans. :roll:
The only thing I miss about living in West Yorkshire is missing reading Oor Wullie and The Broons in the Sunday Post.

I presume you can still get the Sunday Post down here but an not into buying newspapers.
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

SCOTTISH LEEDS wrote:
yorkfan wrote:Oor Wullie .......... for the benefit of all Jock Leeds fans. :roll:
The only thing I miss about living in West Yorkshire is missing reading Oor Wullie and The Broons in the Sunday Post.

I presume you can still get the Sunday Post down here but an not into buying newspapers.
Still get it over here no problem :thumbup: Loved the quiz pages

PS May be getting off topic here !
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
PhoenixUnited
Dick Ray's Talent Spotter

Post by PhoenixUnited »

Can't think of any bucket puns..............

However, - Can we keep this up? - assumes that there will be a single style of play throughout the season. Surely a bright Coach like MB will evolve, amend and generate new thoughts and ways as we go through what is going to be, even for him, a marathon season? As other managers and coaches get their heads together to combat this refreshing and successful way of playing the game, IMHO we are unlikely to be caught out like we were last season when Milwall came along and put paid to Thomas Christiansen’s Plan A; there was no Plan B and it was all downhill from there. Marcelo seems to have his thinking hat on permanently! :think:

The lie of the land will become clearer towards the end of October for me.

The big question, I suppose, is whether the players will grow into the season and produce what MB wants of them. These early days when the squad is fresh is when some teams get the jump on others if things go right for them. The hurdles come in as we head towards Christmas and Spring when consistency, endurance and a modicum of luck is needed maybe with say three or so youngsters coming through to spice things up. After it really is a case of who has the character and the will to get to the finish line.

MB also sounds like he would really fancy a visit to Wembley........
Last edited by PhoenixUnited on 14 Aug 2018, 17:41, edited 1 time in total.
Keep The Faith / WAL
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

I want to change my vote, please can I change my vote. My name is David... I was a non believer !

Seriously as I've said before I had my doubts but more so that MB my just walk if not supported. He says he wanted to keep Vera but on the outside hasn't made a song and dance about it.

As for on the pitch I could never have predicted the change in players or how quickly he got them to embrace his well known style. I agree PhoenixUnited I can't see MB not having a plan B nor a C D E etc. I have no evidence but my gut feeling is he has caught the Elland Road bug the way so many have before him.

Even if MB walked away now he's shown how it should be done and most importantly in such a short time seems to have educated the whole place.
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
The Thrones Murders
Otherworld
Billy Bremner's barbed-wire salesman

Post by Otherworld »

I honestly though it would take longer for the squad to adapt to Bielsaball. I expected us to lose more than we won for the first month or so, until we started to adapt to a new style of football. To see us hit the ground running the minute the season starts, is both amazing and very exciting. Imagine how good we’ll be in a month!
LASAETARUBIA
Jock Stein's Brasso dealer

Post by LASAETARUBIA »

With Lille you have to measure also the quality of player in comparison to the opponents. With Marseille he almost got them to the title against PSG. With Newells and Velez he won titles even though the squads were inferior to River or Boca. If the Leeds players are as good as the top teams their energy will last longer I think.
Nic

Post by Nic »

Not sure he has caught the ER bug. He is a very focussed man and if he feels he can implement his system he will stay, if not he will go. The team have adapted very well to the change -by the very fact they are keeping new signings out of the starting 11. Can they maintain the momentum for the full season and will the chairman allow additions in January, if needed.
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

Paul Warne from the YEP

All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
The Thrones Murders
PhoenixUnited

Post by PhoenixUnited »

Nic wrote:Not sure he has caught the ER bug. He is a very focussed man and if he feels he can implement his system he will stay, if not he will go. The team have adapted very well to the change -by the very fact they are keeping new signings out of the starting 11. Can they maintain the momentum for the full season and will the chairman allow additions in January, if needed.
This man has a unique character and personality alright. His track record also shows that he is very much his own man and I wonder if Messrs Radrizzani, Orta and Kinnear really know what it is that they have as Head Coach. :think:

IMHO provided that he thinks he can make a difference and he is allowed to make a difference he will crack on. If not he will take his leave without ceremony :shh:

He certainly "gets" the fans.
Keep The Faith / WAL
Nic

Post by Nic »

Davycc wrote:Paul Warne from the YEP

Hmmm, we have mostly the same squad as last year, and there is a big difference. Of course the quality of the squad is important, you couldn't take a league 2 side team, put them in the premier league with a top manager and win it. However Paul Warne is simply underestimating what the right manager can do for a team. Leicester were not expected to become champions, Greece were not expected to win the Euro's, but the right manager can make a team greater than the sum of its parts.