As a forum do we think BIELSA is the right man ?

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.

Is he

Yes he's the man
66%
I have my doubts
34%
I don't want him at the club
1%

Total votes: 137

SpursWHL
Jock Stein's Brasso dealer

Re: As a forum do we think BIELSA is the right man ?

Post by SpursWHL »

rigger wrote:I would love it .. just looooove it if you beat Man Utd and Mourinho loses it again.

I honestly think the guy's more suited to international football where he doesn't have to face the players day in, day out.

He should manage a talented African side like Ghana or Ivory Coast where he'd actually have a chance of doing something more than just qualifying for World Cups.
I completely agree. Though it's debatable if much of his trophy wins have been down to huge cash injections - he does seem to come into a club and make an instant impact. Then after three seasons...players get pissed off with him and he leaves.

Good insight about Moaninho with international management. Players only working under him once every few months would be beneficial to him. I'm sure he's quite a funny, likeable, intelligent coach and tactician behind the scenes at first (I don't doubt his ability) - but you can tell he's one of those character types (we've all met them) that is great at their job, but too abrasive and better in small doses. You just end up getting sick of the rhetoric in the end.

I have no doubt that he would be capable of winning a European Championships or World Cup as manager. Like you say, international management is perfectly suited to him.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

So what do you think now ?
Winner of the Europa League
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

100% yes, love the bloke
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

Oh, and that Bielsa song is really catchy too, been singing it since Stoke :D
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
Sniffer
Arthur Fairclough's milliner

Re: As a forum do we think Biesla is the right man ?

Post by Sniffer »

Sniffer wrote:Hopefully he's the new Messiah, but ...
That was my original reply. And I think he is.
:D
ChilwellWhite
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by ChilwellWhite »

ChilwellWhite wrote:I too have my doubts, I read somewhere he speaks no English is that a barrier ? I would really like to say I'll trust Radrizzani on his decision but his track record since he took over the club isn't really that good. I think I'm like everyone else I just want stability at the club whether Biesla is the man to deliver that is another question.
Here's my original post.

He's not had the best of luck regarding injuries. I admit I was excited at the prospect of Brown and Bamford but I'm still waiting. I think he's bought in to the idea of what it is to be Leeds. We have played some amazing football this season and if all fails I'll still remember that. What I'm most pleased with is the way he's turned last seasons misfits into table toppers and the blooding of the Academy kids, especially Jack Clarke. If I have a complaint it's not bringing in someone to replace Brown and Saiz.
Deleted User 5081

Post by Deleted User 5081 »

Yes, yes, and 100 more yes's from me. Not a god, Not a messiah but a footballing genius with eyes everywhere :thumbup:
ChilwellWhite
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by ChilwellWhite »

It's a shame deleted user 2988 is no longer he as he was totally opposed to the appointment. What was his user name anyone tell me please ?
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

NottinghamWhite wrote:
Sniffer wrote:Hopefully he's the new Messiah, but ...
That's exactly how I feel. The EFL is such a competitive league that I feel we need someone who knows about it & how it works. The guy is highly acclaimed by top managers but at 61 is he going to be up for the challenge ?
Here's my original post, he's shown the age wasn't a barrier. Perhaps I'd misjudged the man a tad :)
Winner of the Europa League
kk white
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Post by kk white »

Absolutely adore him, more and more every time I hear him speak.

We are so lucky to have him.

MOT MB.
"An astonishing number of people despise Leeds United or what Leeds United stand for. But this club was never made for them." - Phil Hay