As a forum do we think BIELSA is the right man ?

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.

Is he

Yes he's the man
66%
I have my doubts
34%
I don't want him at the club
1%

Total votes: 137

Otherworld
Billy Bremner's barbed-wire salesman

Re: As a forum do we think Biesla is the right man ?

Post by Otherworld »

Hmm, I think I might wait until he has actually signed for us before joining in... :wtf:
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

Otherworld wrote:Hmm, I think I might wait until he has actually signed for us before joining in... :wtf:
Was thinking the same.

But for what its worth I reckon whoever gets the job we need to give time to build which is the one thing we haven't done in recent years.
That also means supporting hm by getting the right players in, we are poor because we lack pace and physical prescence.
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
TezzaWazzaBazza
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Post by TezzaWazzaBazza »

No way of telling. Age, nationality, experience of the league, none of these mean anything if he's a good coach and has the resources he needs.
Get the kettle on
Paul Heckingbottom's career advisor

Post by Get the kettle on »

Voted, I have my doubts. Not because I think he lacks the qualities required but rather, I doubt the club to put everything in place for any manager/head coach to get the level of structure required. We've had people in the manager/head coach position before who have had the required skill set to get this club up but ultimately they don't seem to have had everything put in place for them to be able to deliver.

I hope it's different this time.
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

Like many of the managers who went before him, I'd never heard of him, so I haven't a clue really.
I once played against Don Revie.
Deleted User 2988

Post by Deleted User 2988 »

Difficult to say, really. I know the man has a fantastic reputation, but it feels like the sort of appointment that's being done for publicity more than anything else. They say good coaches will be able to improve any player, but the standard of players he's used to working with far exceed any talent we have at the club - and that's not even because our players are terrible, it's just that he's used to working with European and international standard players, which he isn't getting here. Can he navigate one of the most competitive leagues in the world without huge backing or top-level players? I'm not sure.
Deleted User 5081

Post by Deleted User 5081 »

I said yes as soon as i seen the topic on the grounds of his reputation speaks volumes. Not only is the man known for his tactical awareness, coaching skills but his aura in and around the dressing room. Players and managers bestow a lot of respect for the man. In all the managers over the past fifteen years of misery this is the first manager who shows ambition from the directors and board in general. Radz has listened to the fans at last.

Reputation in the game of football can bring in a higher quality of player to the club for even less money because many players will want to play for Bielsa. Man City and Tottenham managers speaking publicly about Bielsa as the godfather of tactics and coaching. That alone will raise the awareness of those up and coming stars in our under 23 squad which i have no doubts that the club will be using as a selling point for Bielsa to agree to take the job on. There will be funds made available for him to bring in other players of his own liking. Abel Hernandez would be a great coup also, so long as he can stay fit and focused.

Its not always doom and gloom but there is always a silver lining and I'm more than pleased we've stopped the rot with PH gone.
Karolkarol
Neil Redfearn's diversity coach

Post by Karolkarol »

kiwi wrote:Difficult to say, really. I know the man has a fantastic reputation, but it feels like the sort of appointment that's being done for publicity more than anything else. They say good coaches will be able to improve any player, but the standard of players he's used to working with far exceed any talent we have at the club - and that's not even because our players are terrible, it's just that he's used to working with European and international standard players, which he isn't getting here. Can he navigate one of the most competitive leagues in the world without huge backing or top-level players? I'm not sure.
They say that Bielsa's tactics need his players to be fit, that shouldn't be an issue, any professional footballer at Championship level should be able to attain a good level of fitness under the right coaching set up. They also need to be disciplined and learn the passing and movement patterns of his formations. Again any professional footballer at our level should have enough football intelligence to get a handle on this. Lastly and most worringly they need to be technically good enough to implement his vision. If we don't recruit some good technical players this is where it will fall down.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

1/4 now with Sky bet
Winner of the Europa League
MarkVidukasShimmy
Neil Redfearn's diversity coach

Post by MarkVidukasShimmy »

SG90 wrote:I never understand this "know the league" mantra that gets spouted out every time. As if Rotherham and Wigan are far more intimidating than the Argentinian league, the Nou Camp or a World Cup qualifier in South America. It will just be Leeds fans singing anyway.
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: