As a forum do we think BIELSA is the right man ?

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.

Is he

Yes he's the man
66%
I have my doubts
34%
I don't want him at the club
1%

Total votes: 137

Deleted User 728

Re: As a forum do we think Biesla is the right man ?

Post by Deleted User 728 »

Funny you should mention radio as I'm sitting here waiting for Tim Vickery's opinion on the possibility of us hiring Bielsa.
He's about to appear on the Hawksbee and Jacobs Show on talkSPORT for his weekly round-up of South American football and they've already said they're gonna cover the story today with him.

I'll post what he says when he's on ..
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

Looks like Steve Bruce could be coming available.
I once played against Don Revie.
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

Tim Vickery on talkSPORT, talking about the Bielsa to Leeds rumours :

- We're chasing him. Not signed anything yet - he's waiting for some info from South America.

- He says Bielsa is very, very difficult to negotiate with (should be fun for Orta !).

- He worries that it may be a little bit late : so many other teams are pressing high these days.

Only the briefest of mentions, really, so we're none the wiser.
Leonickroberts
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Post by Leonickroberts »

rigger wrote:Tim Vickery on talkSPORT, talking about the Bielsa to Leeds rumours :

- We're chasing him. Not signed anything yet - he's waiting for some info from South America.

- He says Bielsa is very, very difficult to negotiate with (should be fun for Orta !).

- He worries that it may be a little bit late : so many other teams are pressing high these days.

Only the briefest of mentions, really, so we're none the wiser.
Cheers for the update anyway Rigger, useful summary. As I thought, our speculation on whether he's a good fit may be a bit premature. Hope this doesn't turn into a protracted saga that stops us actually getting any players in.
'When he plays on snow, he doesn't leave any footprints’
MOT1964
Dick Ray's Talent Spotter

Post by MOT1964 »

Phil Hay
@PhilHayYEP
the serious negotiating has only been going on in the past week. There’s a lot to iron out, including transfers. Bielsa has been doing analysis of the current squad.
10:51 am · 8 Jun 2018
rss1969
Arthur Fairclough's milliner

Post by rss1969 »

If we get Bielsa, he is going to put the kind of demands on the club that we have not seen from a manager since the premier league days.

This has to be a good thing because we have been chronically underfunded ever since then. If he ends up not coming, then we will be getting more of the same I would say.

Proper coaches are not going to drop into this division without some assurances.
DominanceUK
Arthur Fairclough's milliner

Post by DominanceUK »

MOT1964 wrote:Phil Hay
@PhilHayYEP
the serious negotiating has only been going on in the past week. There’s a lot to iron out, including transfers. Bielsa has been doing analysis of the current squad.
10:51 am · 8 Jun 2018
So, it would seem that this is actually still a long way off from being done. The longer this goes on the more worried I'll become. Not because it's Bielsa (still unsure about him) but he might end up thinking this isn't the job for him. We certainly, IMO, need someone in before the players report back for pre-season.
Another Northern Soul
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Another Northern Soul »

I think we'll be hearing some news on players leaving before hearing the manager news. I don't know why that is but I think negotiations are due for over the weekend as well. All seems a bit odd to me TBH :D
Another Northern Soul
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Another Northern Soul »

rss1969 wrote:If we get Bielsa, he is going to put the kind of demands on the club that we have not seen from a manager since the premier league days.

This has to be a good thing because we have been chronically underfunded ever since then. If he ends up not coming, then we will be getting more of the same I would say.

Proper coaches are not going to drop into this division without some assurances.
This is all reminding me of when Howard Wilkinson took over as manager. He wasn't even first choice but he still insisted on certain matters and clearly that was a wide reaching thing too, almost a complete overhaul of all the club and all playing staff, scouting, development etc. For all the unsatisfactory stuff Orta has done, he has had major impact on Thorp Arch and the reserve/youth set-up, so maybe Bielsa won't need to be as involved as Wilko was. This is just me thinking out loud, as usual I've little clue really.
kk white
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Post by kk white »

Not sure if it was mentioned earlier in the thread, but Sporting CP could be throwing a spanner in the works. They want Bielsa too.
"An astonishing number of people despise Leeds United or what Leeds United stand for. But this club was never made for them." - Phil Hay