As a forum do we think BIELSA is the right man ?

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.

Is he

Yes he's the man
66%
I have my doubts
34%
I don't want him at the club
1%

Total votes: 137

Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Re: As a forum do we think Biesla is the right man ?

Post by Davycc »

Davycc wrote:Have my doubts, even about him coming (I think he will want to much in respect of investment into the team. I think he has the knowledge and skills to do it i.e handle big names but I feel if he will "do one" at the first sign of the club holding back.

And my thoughts at the time.
1. Re investment - wrong
2. Knowledge - right
3. so far wrong

And to answer the question YES definitely the right man.
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
MOT1964
Dick Ray's Talent Spotter

Re: As a forum do we think BIELSA is the right man ?

Post by MOT1964 »

ChilwellWhite wrote:It's a shame deleted user 2988 is no longer he as he was totally opposed to the appointment. What was his user name anyone tell me please ?
It was kiwi
IrelandLeeds
Paul Heckingbottom's career advisor

Post by IrelandLeeds »

Davycc wrote:
Davycc wrote:Have my doubts, even about him coming (I think he will want to much in respect of investment into the team. I think he has the knowledge and skills to do it i.e handle big names but I feel if he will "do one" at the first sign of the club holding back.

And my thoughts at the time.
1. Re investment - wrong
2. Knowledge - right
3. so far wrong

And to answer the question YES definitely the right man.
It's a Yes from me. Very good start to league, top of table in January, even if by a point. Not much point changing managers again, Leeds go through managers nearly every season,not good for overall progress.
Hoping for a win v Rotherham on Saturday.
Nic

Post by Nic »

IrelandLeeds wrote:
It's a Yes from me. Very good start to league, top of table in January, even if by a point. Not much point changing managers again, Leeds go through managers nearly every season,not good for overall progress.
Would there be any scenario a team would ever decide change managers, excluding things like manager resigning, if they are top of the league? Just seems a strange post as in we shouldn't change managers because we do it too often for overall progress rather than we are doing brilliantly and top of the league.
Deleted User 3289

Post by Deleted User 3289 »

No!

We think he is a extraordinary man. :D

Well i do :thumbup:
PhoenixUnited

Post by PhoenixUnited »

I own up to being a doubter initially. Not because I thought Marcelo Bielsa did not have the right credentials but I did feel that it was something of a punt by Leeds United on someone who had not worked in recent times (at the time of appointment) and also having no experience of English football, never mind the Championship was likely to find it hard going.

I am pleasantly surprised and now I think, if he wins us something, especially promotion, he would be in the Don Revie and Howard Wilkinson territory. Getting us to the Promised Land, just that one single thing, would be one fantastic thing but for me, after all these years in the wilderness it would represent the restoration of Leeds United to its rightful place in all that is football and where I have wished and hoped it would be.

Regardless though, I think we have been blessed with what he has brought all of us fans this season. The man is a simply a genius. :clap:
Keep The Faith / WAL
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

I was - and am - a doubter purely because of the burn-out associated with his squads.

I'm loving it, having said that, and I absolutely think the world of the man.
Respect where it's due. Hopefully he's learned from his own lessons along the way.
IrelandLeeds
Paul Heckingbottom's career advisor

Post by IrelandLeeds »

Nic wrote:
IrelandLeeds wrote:
Would there be any scenario a team would ever decide change managers, excluding things like manager resigning, if they are top of the league? Just seems a strange post as in we shouldn't change managers because we do it too often for overall progress rather than we are doing brilliantly and top of the league.
Hello Nic.
Sorry if I caused confusion. My point is that I am satisfied with progress this season under Marcella Bielsa.
I am not for a moment suggesting that Leeds change manager. Yes, a manager could decide for whatever reason to leave a club while top of respective league.
It was just an observation based on the turnover in managers over the past seasons, none of the changes ensured promotion to Premier League. It looks hopefully that promotion could be achieved this season, we will definitely know next May. We both can agree on that.
Rotherham are up next Saturday, I will be checking the results around 4.45 pm.
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

Bielsa only 500/1 to be the next James Bond :lol: :lol: :lol:

https://m.skybet.com/tv-and-film-specia ... t/17023618
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

Barlow Boy wrote:Bielsa only 500/1 to be the next James Bond :lol: :lol: :lol:

https://m.skybet.com/tv-and-film-specia ... t/17023618
Used that on twitter :lol: :lol:
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders