As a forum do we think BIELSA is the right man ?

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.

Is he

Yes he's the man
66%
I have my doubts
34%
I don't want him at the club
1%

Total votes: 137

mis
George Graham's Crombie cleaner

Re: As a forum do we think BIELSA is the right man ?

Post by mis »

Hmm, i'm not too sure about appointing MB. It could be a success or failure for us. However, our club has finally show ambition in going forward to the next level :)
Deleted User 5081

Post by Deleted User 5081 »

All in all the atmosphere around the appointment of MB is exciting to say the least. He has brought a lot of fans out of the woodwork already. :thumbup:

Over the past fifteen or so years many fans have been disgruntled with how the club was run and a lack of investment from the owners, asset stripping and crazy personalities who really didn't have the heart or soul to actually realize the potential of this great club of ours.

Radz has brought something to the club that no other owner has done before him since Fotherby brought in Wilko. This is where i feel Radz learned in the hardest way possible from last season. Having TC and PH showed him the cheap option doesn't work in 90% of cases because of the depth of our culture in our club.

Our fans have been the best thing about this tired old club for many years and I want to say Thank you for all of you for carrying this wonderful club on your shoulders through such dark times. If it wasn't for everyone of you the club would have gone out of existence. Your hard earned cash over the years kept us afloat. Please remember this as we now move into a new era at Elland Road.

We have a new direction to take and i feel that although it could all go belly up as it so often does with Leeds United, but in this case there is a feeling of positiveness that will carry us through the next season and beyond. The players we will tarnsfer out and those who will be coming in will determine how well it can go for us. If Rad'z has the finances to back up his Marquee head coach i believe that we will succeed with getting promotion.

I'm very pleased personally for some of our regular and more senior fans on here who have always been great ambassadors for this forum such as NW and Johnh who have witnessed so much turmoil and pleasure over the years. Many times i have seen posts by these ambassadors to the forum about how they wish to see the club back in the premiership and how NW's post said it feels like we are a club again (says it all for me). You're right Nottingham White, it does feel like we are a club again. I feel it too mate and were not alone in that feeling either.

call it what you want but i'm hoping to get a giddy kipper prize :D because i too have been waiting for this moment for years. Long has been the night, but the dawn is arising and so is the giant of Leeds United.

MOT
Deebo
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by Deebo »

Top post CorkWhite, I'm giving you the Giddy Kipper prize! :clap:
Our fans have been the best thing about this tired old club for many years and I want to say Thank you for all of you for carrying this wonderful club on your shoulders through such dark times. If it wasn't for everyone of you the club would have gone out of existence. Your hard earned cash over the years kept us afloat. Please remember this as we now move into a new era at Elland Road.
I wholeheartedly agree. From watching some of the lowest points in our clubs history, I am still blown away by the passionate supprt of our fans all over the world.

Here in Australia, we regualrly get 30-40 fans in the the pub for live matches to watch some of the dross served up... but the good times will be back soon!!
Deleted User 3289

Post by Deleted User 3289 »

He's finally here now then. This is a massive statement by the club , we have set the ball rolling now in terms of wages we are prepared to pay to a manager. Dare i say that AR's plan is all falling into place? i mean he's flooded the club with players in that first season and now he's bought someone in to make them all better players. Its going to be fascinating how he gets on with the rough and tumble of the Championship, he's obviously a intelligent bloke so will know what he's letting himself in for regards the expectation.

Don't cry for me, Argentina
The truth is, I never left you
All through my wild days, my mad existence
I kept my promise
Don't keep your distance

Welcome to the unforgiving Leeds United Mr Biesla. :thumbup:
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

Thanks for your kind words Corky. I just want to say how good it is that the forum is probably UNITED for the first time in a long time. We've had our 'discussions ' over the last few years whether is was about Bates, GFH or Cellino sometimes things got a bit heated & the reason for this is because we all actually love this great club of ours. Radz has now given us a man who many hadn't heard of a couple of months back who has already injected a belief into the fan base like never before. Radz has I'm sure he would be the first to admit made mistakes during his tenure but honestly that was to be expected. Bringing in Bielsa is a show of intent, for the first time in years we are not a laughing stock, we are showing we want a return to the top table of English football, whatever happens in the next few months strap yourselves in the rides going to be bumpy but also fun.

MOT to the best fans in the world & thanks for making this forum a great experience & one I'm proud to be a member of.
Winner of the Europa League
SCOTTISH LEEDS
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by SCOTTISH LEEDS »

Good article from Tim Vickery on the BBC website about Bielsa:-

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/44498542
ChilwellWhite
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by ChilwellWhite »

I'm excited who's going to come in on the playing front. I believe MB will only want good players and hopefully his friends can help him. As others have said exciting times.
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

Flipping heck Corky, I’m in tears here :oops:
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
leeds1970
Neil Redfearn's diversity coach

Post by leeds1970 »

Fingers crossed he gets the Money to get some quality players in. :)
marziale
Neil Redfearn's diversity coach

Post by marziale »

I am a longstanding (i.e.ancient) fan of Leeds with memories back to the late 50s. How I have endured - along with all our fans - the dreadful last 15 years, I just don’t know. Money grubbing owners with no thought other than how deep their noses were in the trough, with the resulting queues of useless, if perhaps well-meaning managers. Harmless horny-handed sons of toil thoroughly out of their depth for the real task of rescuing the club. By and large ditto for much of the playing staff too, with honourable exceptions of course.
But now we have Radrizzani putting our club back to rights (that is what the verb ‘radrizzare’ means BTW). The investment in Bielsa would never have happened without a solemn undertaking to invest seriously in players. Otherwise it would be just spitting in the wind. It is time now to sit back and enjoy the ride. One and all.