As a forum do we think BIELSA is the right man ?

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.

Is he

Yes he's the man
66%
I have my doubts
34%
I don't want him at the club
1%

Total votes: 137

Deleted User 5081

Re: As a forum do we think Biesla is the right man ?

Post by Deleted User 5081 »

Just thought this was a good read and apt for this topic for anyone who may have doubts about it all.

http://the72.co.uk/105507/opinion-leeds ... ub-bielsa/
blackbox2342
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Post by blackbox2342 »

Express says they have the work permit.
Now get on and announce it already!

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/footbal ... ork-permit
kk white
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Post by kk white »

Mr Grapevine on Twitter not too happy with Jason Pettigrove stealing his thunder, but he reckons a Friday 9am press conference scheduled since last night:
@LUFC_Grapevine
EXCLUSIVE: I have been told by a source extremely close to the Argentine F.A that a work permit for Marcelo Bielsa has been granted and a press conference is scheduled for 9am on Friday morning at Elland Road where he will be announced as new head coach of #lufc. Seismic news.

Meant to post this last night also:
@jasonpettigrove
So that I don’t have to answer a raft of hundreds of DM’s… I know what the #Bielsa situation now is 100% but it will remain confidential until I’m given the OK by #LUFC to release any further info. I am in direct contact with the club and any updates will be posted as and when.
"An astonishing number of people despise Leeds United or what Leeds United stand for. But this club was never made for them." - Phil Hay
isrodger
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by isrodger »

Excited but would have preferred big Sam as I think we would be Certs for promotion with him at the helm & supported financially .... I can see this going horribly wrong... lack of English, his knowledge of players and the championship. We appear to be copying the wolves model but just a thought is he not just a South American El Tel .... and that didn’t work out too well did it !

Seems short term, doesn’t feel like an appointment that will give us the stability we require. Let’s hope I’m completely wrong, but my gut feel is this appointment will take us back rather than forward to the premiership.
PC71
Paul Heckingbottom's career advisor

Post by PC71 »

I understand isrodger's post regarding gut feeling, we all have a nagging doubt, because even though we are told he is this hugely talented manager, loved by other top managers, we don't actually know him or what he will achieve.

My gut feeling is - he has to be a step up, we don't know if this will be the great partnership we all long for, but at the very least, hopefully his name alone (For those that do know him) will help attract some quality players.
Plus, surely the fact that AR has gone for him, he has also signed up to back him in the transfer market.

I may be wrong, but assuming this does come off and we do sign the likes of Abel Hernandez (Convinced myself that Bielsa's first announcement as manager will be his arrival, gift to the fans to get us on side), far more exciting than the previous years, let's hope...
Leicester White
Simon Grayson's Hairdresser

Post by Leicester White »

If this happens, sky may as well rebrand their championship coverage to lutv https://goo.gl/images/NPpPbi
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

Leicester White wrote:If this happens, sky may as well rebrand their championship coverage to lutv https://goo.gl/images/NPpPbi
May as well anyway, given the number of times we're on ;)
kk white
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Post by kk white »

PC71 wrote: Plus, surely the fact that AR has gone for him, he has also signed up to back him in the transfer market.
Yep. He has no choice but to support him.
Plenty of club owners have sneakily backtracked on finances before, but considering the financial package that Bielsa would be on, what would be point of Radz trying to pull a fast one? He'd lose millions. If MB arrives, we can be certain he will be backed by the board.
"An astonishing number of people despise Leeds United or what Leeds United stand for. But this club was never made for them." - Phil Hay
zigzag
David O'Leary's baby-sitter

Post by zigzag »

I've been keeping my powder dry on Bielsa as I wanted this to happen so much I did not want to jump the gun. But now it looks almost certain that he's here I couldn’t be happier, this is the manger I've been most excited about since Wilko, this is the manager I've been waiting for, this could and should be the most significant signing since Wilko. Ill caveat with but this is Leeds and this is Bielsa a potentially dangerous cocktail that could go horribly wrong. But it wont, I have faith.

Here's a dozen reasons why am I so happy……….
1) firstly this appointment shows a statement of intent, that the club after many years now looks as if its serious about progressing. It’s a statement of intent to fans, to players, to future investors, the appointment is a statement of intent, we are serious, we are on an upward spiral, this guy can do the job, we are backing him, we know that last season wasn’t good enough
2) Bielsa has a reputation as a coach and tactician, the existing players should recognise that and want to play for him, additionally his coaching ability should bring on those players, consequently we can expect much better performances from those who stay (of course there will be those who don't recognise or respond his methods, and those who are unable to meet his standards, they will have to be moved on, but we all know that some players aren't upto scratch for a serious tilt at promotion)
3) he brings worldwide credibility, this will help attract higher calibre players to the club, as a player would you chose a club managed by Heck or Hock or one managed by Bielsa
4) his appointment looks as if it signifies a breaking of the pay structure, he wont be cheap, nor will the players he wishes to have in his squad, we haven't appointed him to recruit players who are only worth £15k pw
5) his playing style excites me, if nothing else it will be an entertaining watch
6) he is meticulous, the courtship has been long, but he's made sure all the framework is in place to do it his way, we have needed a hard nosed, detailed man, who will leave nothing to chance
7) he doesn’t look like he will shy away from telling the players the truth (nor the fans and board for that matter)
8) the relegation of Orta away from first team signings as I cant believe the Bielsa will not want total control over first team recruitment. Orta should have been told that last years first team signings weren't good enough although it looks to me like Orta may be able to do a job recruiting younger players to the u23s who can after a season or so break into the first team squad
9) although he may be prone to walk out if he doesn’t get his way he has worked in high pressure high expectation environments and to succeed there you do things your own way
10) the guy has a presence on the touchline, in the dressing room, around the club, that commands respect
11) he is a large step up from what we have had over the last 10-15 years
12) and finally, just like Wilko, it feels like the right appointment at the right time

I cant wait for the season to start.