As a forum do we think BIELSA is the right man ?

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.

Is he

Yes he's the man
66%
I have my doubts
34%
I don't want him at the club
1%

Total votes: 137

Deleted User 728

Re: As a forum do we think BIELSA is the right man ?

Post by Deleted User 728 »

I'm still concerned about burn-out.

The Lille squad was done by Xmas and they always have a core of young players from their superb academy (Hazard being the biggest player currently out there from the club) but even they were knackered by the new year. You'd expect it from the likes of an elder statesman like Hernandez - who should be played once a week IMHO - but anyone under 25 should be able to cope .. you would think.

It's a balancing act.
Let's hope he gets it right this time and we're FINALLY the club that gets him and he enjoys a long and successful spell with us to seal his reputation once and for all :)
maltrain
Neil Redfearn's diversity coach

Post by maltrain »

I know "burn-out" is a theme of concern, because Bielsa's way of playing is very demanding phisically.

BUT I think there is a great difference in the case of Leeds over Marseille or Lille: the intensity of the english football.

I think that is not a coincidence how good are the performances of demanding managers as Pep Guardiola, Mauricio Pochettino or Jurgen Klopp.

English football is all intensity, players never give up, run a lot during matches and competition in general is very close. We don't see the same on Spain or France.

Where we do see it? In Argentina, where the championship (at least a decade ago, now is very bad) were really hard and players had pace and intensity. And Bielsa's teams (Newell's and Velez) there were amazing, with many young players (like Pochetinno, Berizzo or a guy named Batistuta) and a revolutionary football.

Argentina and Chile squads were the same: intensity, pressing and full commitment. And the argentinian squad, even when failed on WC2002, is the best team I have ever seen in my life (I'm a fan of Bielsa since then and I'm chilean!!!).

So... I think the english football and Bielsa's football are a perfect match. I only hope players commit with Bielsa (wins always help), believe in his methodology and understand they will be better players with him in charge, something those lazy bastards of Athletic Bilbao never did (they gave up on Bielsa his second year and well... now you can see players like Muniain or De Marcos being mediocre at best after being raising stars).

PD: Excuse my english... :P
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

Mucho memor que mi Espanyol lo has hecho may bien.
Winner of the Europa League
Deleted User 728

NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

rigger wrote:Image
That's easy for you stay :roll: is it Elf speak per chance :roll:
Winner of the Europa League
Sniffer
Arthur Fairclough's milliner

Post by Sniffer »

NottinghamWhite wrote:
rigger wrote:Image
That's easy for you stay :roll: is it Elf speak per chance :roll:
I've got a book somewhere called Teach Yourself Elvish or somesuch. I was far better at somesuch.
Deleted User 728

It is Elvish.
It says "It's a good job we speak several languages in here, isn't it ?" :D
Get the kettle on
Paul Heckingbottom's career advisor

Post by Get the kettle on »

I speak a different ling too or so i'm oft told, said lingo starts with bull and ends in it apparently.

Anyhoo, burnout - It must feel great to be in a 'leaner' squad as you've much more chance of getting a game if you work hard, it must be a great incentive for fringe players and youngsters too. I'd imagine that players would want to be in a squad playing that type of football.. injuries, suspensions etc. will occur and it will be interesting to see what our disciplinary record looks like when the seasons dust has settled and compare that to recent seasons, i'd wager it'll be better but we shall see.

I'd have liked two or three more players in the door but part of me thinks it's been better to get the quality rather than the quantity and I can't help but feel maybe the club are waiting for the right options to become available and maybe we'll see a couple of new additions in the next window.

We do however have more games in the championship as opposed to the Premier League and i'm also concerned how the players will be with the intensity Bielsa demands.. but i'll bet they'll relish the opportunity.
mapperleywhite
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Post by mapperleywhite »

Watching the U-23's tonight v Coventry

Might have to take an interest in the Premier League now....
judy
Allan Clarke's tissue supplier

Post by judy »

Sorry, is that Bielsa? His face isn’t shown!