As a forum do we think BIELSA is the right man ?

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.

Is he

Yes he's the man
66%
I have my doubts
34%
I don't want him at the club
1%

Total votes: 137

Deleted User 3289

Re: As a forum do we think BIELSA is the right man ?

Post by Deleted User 3289 »

So far he can do no wrong. Four out of the first Four, the first Leeds Manager to do it. Lets not forget he is our most expensive manager ever. So he must be quite special. In saying that, i'm honest enough to say i'd never given him a minutes attention before he was linked with us. The King is well and truly alive, long live the king..... :shifty:
LAsouthcoast
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Post by LAsouthcoast »

His summary after the game yesterday, when he said "it was the first time it felt like a championship game", that shows that he has done his homework on how tough the championship is.
SpursWHL
Jock Stein's Brasso dealer

Post by SpursWHL »

Ricardo Da Lepp wrote:
SpursWHL wrote:46% have their doubts?

46% don't realise what an incredible manager you have. He created the attacking pressing game now deployed by Pochettino and Klopp. Guardiola rates him as having a massive impression on his coaching style. "He makes players better" - to quote him.

Enjoy these moments Leeds fans. You're in for some good times. I predict promotion back to the Premier League this season, a challenge for a Europa spot the season after - and then with astute signings...a challenge for the top four. Seriously. He's that good. He might not have the gleaming trophy cabinet of a Fabio Capello or a Marcello Lippi...but don't underestimate the coaching impact this guy has had on some of the top managers in the Premier League.

He's basically a footballing "god" in Pochettino's eyes.

You're in great hands now. Exciting times ahead. Enjoy every moment. Be good to see you back in the Premier League. Best of luck for the season. Though with Bielsa...I don't think you'll need "luck". ;)
Thanks for the post SpursWHL.
When the poll was conducted, I doubt 46% of us actually DID really know what we had coming into the club. I certainly didn't.
I doubt even 1% of us expected the kind of start we have made under Mr. Bielsa. I doubt even 1% dared to hope for the performances we have seen.

Even during the warm-up against Stoke in our opening game, the pundits were all sitting on the fence about how it would go. The conclusion seemed to be "it could be a success in time but it could just blow up our faces". No-one predicted this level of effect on our squad at this early stage. "He makes players better" - well he's certainly made our players better, the teamwork is unrecognizable from a few months ago, and the optimism around the club is something I haven't felt since maybe the Summer of 1989, with Vinny Jones et al arriving.
Glad that you're getting that "feeling" back. Was chatting to a bunch of Villa fans the other day. It's sad seeing big clubs like yourselves not being where you should be. Though it would be detrimental for Spurs to have a revitalised Leeds United challenging again - I'm a football fan - and you're one of England's greatest teams. As long as you finish below us. (hahaha ;) ) Whether that be 2nd, 3rd, or 4th ;) I'll be happy. Didn't like seeing you go down in 2003. I'll look forward to seeing you back next season.

All the very best, good luck for the season. You will have "quiet support" from Spurs fans...cos we love what Pochettino has done for us and he's Bielsa's biggest fan! "Any friend of Poch's is a friend of ours!" ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hJvExJFJ4uI
SpursWHL

Post by SpursWHL »

Old article from when Pochettino had taken the Southampton job and someone compared his tactics's to Bielsa's. To be fair...the guy was 100% right.

The article is so old...some of the formation/tactics images no longer load - but Leeds fan tactical heads will enjoy the read...because from a Spurs fan...it's what Poch has done ever since he joined us ;)

https://eplindex.com/37849/marcelo-biel ... ctics.html
Deleted User 3289

Post by Deleted User 3289 »

SpursWHL. Thanks for the links. :thumbup:

Genuine question for you and Spurs. Are you hoping that Mourinho comes good so that Man u are not on the lookout for a top class manager with Premiership experience. :angel:
MOT1964
Dick Ray's Talent Spotter

Post by MOT1964 »

SpursWHL wrote:Old article from when Pochettino had taken the Southampton job and someone compared his tactics's to Bielsa's. To be fair...the guy was 100% right.

The article is so old...some of the formation/tactics images no longer load - but Leeds fan tactical heads will enjoy the read...because from a Spurs fan...it's what Poch has done ever since he joined us ;)

Excellent article. Thanks for the link :thumbup:
LASAETARUBIA

Post by LASAETARUBIA »

Leeds fans worrying about Bielsas teams lasting a season with this intensity should be calmed by Pochettinos long run at Tottenham.The problem may lay more with the personality Pochettino is calmer than El Loco and as a younger man and as a recent top player can be closer to the modern player.I still think Bielsa will be a huge success in leeds as long as your directors are 100% honest with him
Leonickroberts

Post by Leonickroberts »

MOT1964 wrote:
SpursWHL wrote:Old article from when Pochettino had taken the Southampton job and someone compared his tactics's to Bielsa's. To be fair...the guy was 100% right.

Excellent article. Thanks for the link :thumbup:
Great article - lots of food for thought. I've just finished reading 'inverting the pyramid', which I'd thoroughly recommend for those with a strong interest in tactics and their evolution.

Having read the article I can see why Phillips has become so pivotal, and bringing in a set-piece taker and wicked crosser in Douglas was a priority. Although I've always been a fan, it increasingly seems that Alioski may be the player least likely to fit into Bielsa's system.

The only thing I can see disrupting things badly is a bout of injuries, which we all know can happen in this division. It's not like we have no squad depth, and contrary to previous years we have real quality in a few positions (Bamford, Blackman, Baker, Harrison) in addition to youth, so fingers crossed it'll work out OK.
'When he plays on snow, he doesn't leave any footprints’
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

Leonickroberts wrote:Great article - lots of food for thought. I've just finished reading 'inverting the pyramid', which I'd thoroughly recommend for those with a strong interest in tactics and their evolution.
IMHO it's the best football book ever written.
I finished it in two days flat on holiday and was aching to try to recreate all the tactics in FM by the time I got home a week later :lol:
Leonickroberts

Post by Leonickroberts »

rigger wrote:
Leonickroberts wrote:Great article - lots of food for thought. I've just finished reading 'inverting the pyramid', which I'd thoroughly recommend for those with a strong interest in tactics and their evolution.
IMHO it's the best football book ever written.
I finished it in two days flat on holiday and was aching to try to recreate all the tactics in FM by the time I got home a week later :lol:
I thought it was just me...genuinely changed the way I look at the game, and I regularly dip back into it when I spot something that doesn't make sense during a match!
'When he plays on snow, he doesn't leave any footprints’