As a forum do we think BIELSA is the right man ?

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.

Is he

Yes he's the man
66%
I have my doubts
34%
I don't want him at the club
1%

Total votes: 137

Deleted User 5081

Re: As a forum do we think BIELSA is the right man ?

Post by Deleted User 5081 »

Another Northern Soul wrote:
birkybullufc wrote:
Gilford_NI_Whites wrote:
Otherworld wrote:An interesting article here in YEP. Definitely a cautionary tale. I hope we know what we might be getting into...

https://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/ ... -1-9209930

We've tried all the other routes with cheap managers who didn't demand things, nor did they challenge the owners etc. It didn't work.

So we might as well give him a chance.

Journalists will be crying out for stories about him. I'll take it all with a pinch of salt, and make up my own mind when I see how he performs.

We shouldn't get carried away. It will take time. What manager in the world could come in and change our style, players and achieve results instantly. I believe he will need the 2 years. Will the fans give him time if he has a rocky start? I hope so.
TC did and it was to.his detriment. The way he had the team playing at the start of last season raised expectations to what proved to be impossible levels. The team wasn't strengthened enough in January and we fell away. A cautionary tale to temper expectation. I doubt it will though if we win 5 out of our first 6 games. :D
You mean we won't win ALL 6??

Bielsa out!!! :angel:
Honestly I do see that having a little caution is okay, were Leeds United, expect there to be up's and downs. But look at any other team across the world and they too have the same issues. There is a lot more focus on our downs because we are Leeds United. Man City when they were in League 1 and beyond only got half the press garbage as we did.

People just love to write silly things about us because we're a far bigger entity than the majority of the teams in the premiership, and that includes some of the supposed top five in the premiership. They love to hate us. Am i bothered? No not really because you watch this space when we do get back to the top table, and it will happen. It's inevitable the potential of our club is beyond what we even know. Were the giant they are all waiting to hate more than anyone and we shall deliver sooner rather than later.
kk white
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Post by kk white »

CorkWhite wrote:... They love to hate us. Am i bothered? No not really... Were the giant they are all waiting to hate more than anyone and we shall deliver sooner rather than later.
Fightin' talk Corky. Great to feel that extra passion rise again.
I find myself checking the newspapers (websites) as often as I did when we were buying Viduka, Ferdinand et al.
"An astonishing number of people despise Leeds United or what Leeds United stand for. But this club was never made for them." - Phil Hay
Deleted User 5081

Post by Deleted User 5081 »

kk_white wrote:
CorkWhite wrote:... They love to hate us. Am i bothered? No not really... Were the giant they are all waiting to hate more than anyone and we shall deliver sooner rather than later.
Fightin' talk Corky. Great to feel that extra passion rise again.
I find myself checking the newspapers (websites) as often as I did when we were buying Viduka, Ferdinand et al.
Same as that KK. It's exciting to say the least and if I can find that fighting spirit then I am sure the players that will walk out on that first day of the season will surely have the fire burning inside too. Our first home match will be a carnival atmosphere. So many fans are flooding back to where they belong also. Honestly mate i believe this season could be our time. Just a gut feeling.
kk white
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Post by kk white »

A favourable home fixture to begin with could be a huge boost, seeing as we have Bolton at home in the League Cup for our 2nd match...
"An astonishing number of people despise Leeds United or what Leeds United stand for. But this club was never made for them." - Phil Hay
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

Angus Kinnear on the appointment of Bielsa.......

https://www.leedsunited.com/video/96709 ... ppointment
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

MB will do his first presser on Monday at 14:00
Winner of the Europa League
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

NottinghamWhite wrote:MB will do his first presser on Monday at 14:00
... if he's still here :shh:
phil62
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Post by phil62 »

He might be back managing Argentina after tonight's performance!
“Even the darkest night will end and the sun will rise.”
Jazz My Funk
Neil Redfearn's diversity coach

Post by Jazz My Funk »

Without the players God almighty won't get us promoted. Does not make him a bad manager, if we dont get the players in then promotion becomes next seasons dream - again.
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

phil62 wrote:He might be back managing Argentina after tonight's performance!
That crossed my mind, a serious possibility :shock:
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.