As a forum do we think BIELSA is the right man ?

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.

Is he

Yes he's the man
66%
I have my doubts
34%
I don't want him at the club
1%

Total votes: 137

Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Re: As a forum do we think Biesla is the right man ?

Post by Davycc »

rigger wrote:
Davycc wrote:
rigger wrote:Great first post, mate :D

Thanks for that !
More to the point....where are you from? And if you're sticking around get on our members map :thumbup:

(Grammar police is it still frowned upon to start a sentence with "And" and in the sentence above would it have been ok to put the question mark after map ? i.e :

More to the point....where are you from and if you're sticking around get on our members map?)

:shock:
Mate, the grammar police can do one if the guy's foreign, as he clearly is. How's your Spanish these days ?? Do you conjugate the verb correctly every time ?
If your English is anything to go by, I doubt it :D

I was referring the question to my post not the OPs, which I see nothing wrong with. It was a genuine question (perhaps thrown up at an unusual time but it was in me heed!)

PS. Mi Espanol es muy malo
Last edited by Davycc on 13 Jun 2018, 18:49, edited 2 times in total.
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
Gilford_NI_Whites
George Graham's Crombie cleaner

Post by Gilford_NI_Whites »

I see this 'draft' agreement as a good thing. At least he is not jumping in without covering all aspects. If he is this detailed in deciding about the job, then imagine what's he's like while in the job.

The more he gets sorted now, the more probability he will stay to see the job done.
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

Davycc wrote:
rigger wrote:
Davycc wrote:

Thanks for that !
More to the point....where are you from? And if you're sticking around get on our members map :thumbup:

(Grammar police is it still frowned upon to start a sentence with "And" and in the sentence above would it have been ok to put the question mark after map ? i.e :

More to the point....where are you from and if you're sticking around get on our members map?)

Mate, the grammar police can do one if the guy's foreign, as he clearly is. How's your Spanish these days ?? Do you conjugate the verb correctly every time ?

I was referring the question to my post not the OPs, which I see nothing wrong with. It was a genuine question (perhaps thrown up at an unusual time but it was in me heed!)

Muy bueno !! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

rigger wrote:
Davycc wrote:
rigger wrote:
Davycc wrote:

Thanks for that !

Muy bueno !! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
eres demasiado tipo big lad (as they say in Costa del Antrim)
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
The Thrones Murders
Costy
Dick Ray's Talent Spotter

Post by Costy »

Davycc wrote:

Thanks for that !

It's fine to start a sentence with 'and' if done correctly Davy. It's usually done for effect where extra emphasis is placed on the 'and' with a comma somewhere in the sentence. I probably would have created an embedded clause with a comma after 'and', then after 'around'. No need for a question mark on your second sentence as your use of the definitive 'get' makes it a command, not a question.

Teaching has turned me into a total geek.
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

Costy wrote:
Davycc wrote:

Thanks for that !

It's fine to start a sentence with 'and' if done correctly Davy. It's usually done for effect where extra emphasis is placed on the 'and' with a comma somewhere in the sentence. I probably would have created an embedded clause with a comma after 'and', then after 'around'. No need for a question mark on your second sentence as your use of the definitive 'get' makes it a command, not a question.

LOL I was wondering why to me it seemed the second sentence didn't need a question mark, it just felt out of place "and" now that you pointed out the "get" that just changes the whole sound of the sentence.
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
The Thrones Murders
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

Apparently MB has been granted a work permit https://www.express.co.uk/sport/footbal ... ork-permit
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
The Thrones Murders
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

If Marcelo Biesla does come will we be playing MB Games:

Guess Who = The new signings he wants
Go For Broke = Please not the Ridsdale approach again
Game Of Life = Its more than life, it's football
Operation = It'll be one hell of an operation to get promoted
Mouse Trap = Theres been enough vermin around Elland Road
Downfall = We know all about that.
Elefun = A new mascot perhaps?
Turbo = A quick return to the premiership under MB
Twister = Will it be a whirlwind romance?
Kerplunk = Hopefully not another manager payoff after failure
Knock'em OUT = the rest of the Championship
Connect 4 = Possibly putting a few passes together
Pac Man = loading the attack with decent players
Stay Alive = A chance of play offs next season with 5 games to go
Buckaroo = We've signed a few donkeys
Frogger = Soory can't think of one for that..............................
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
The Thrones Murders
Sniffer
Arthur Fairclough's milliner

Post by Sniffer »

Davycc wrote:
Costy wrote:
Davycc wrote:

Thanks for that !

LOL I was wondering why to me it seemed the second sentence didn't need a question mark, it just felt out of place "and" now that you pointed out the "get" that just changes the whole sound of the sentence.
Could have put a full-stop in though. ;)
LASAETARUBIA
Jock Stein's Brasso dealer

Post by LASAETARUBIA »

Thanks for that !
Gracias amigo to answer your friend I am one of those porteños on tour(Buenos Aires person) Bielsa is a legend in Argentina who divides opinion in Futbol circles you are either for or against him but he is never dull. Bielsa is unique as well as completely honest, highly intellectual brother of a former foreign minister but fanatical, and unlike his disciples unwilling to bend his philosophy.
Like I said enjoy have fun. Pero no va a durar una eternidad.