As a forum do we think BIELSA is the right man ?

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.

Is he

Yes he's the man
66%
I have my doubts
34%
I don't want him at the club
1%

Total votes: 137

Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Re: As a forum do we think Biesla is the right man ?

Post by Davycc »

Have my doubts, even about him coming (I think he will want to much in respect of investment into the team. I think he has the knowledge and skills to do it i.e handle big names but I feel if he will "do one" at the first sign of the club holding back.
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
Deleted User 3289

Post by Deleted User 3289 »

Agree with what has already been said. The last thing we need is a hot-head who leaves before we get started. Imo being a technically minded coach doesn't always translate into the best man-management skills. Tie that in with him being provided with players chosen by Orta, can't see it gelling tbh. I can't see it being anybody else now though, i mean another roll of the dice on another unproven, unknown to this league would surely just be a waste of money and people's time?
ChilwellWhite
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by ChilwellWhite »

NottinghamWhite wrote:Sky bet have him at 3/10
Bookmakers are rarely wrong in my opinion. Personally would prefer a British manager because they'll have better understanding of what it takes to go to Rotherham midweek in February. The nuances of a midweek fixture may be beyond him.
saintjimmy
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Post by saintjimmy »

He seems a little hot headed and as folk have already stated is prone to walking away and that would leave us up the creek, but he’s the most qualified coach we’ve been linked with in years maybe he can guide Carlos Corberan while he’s here too ?.

Won’t be dull if he comes that’s for sure.
Shadwell White
George Graham's Crombie cleaner

Post by Shadwell White »

He is a big name in football and exactly what high profile investors want especially American investors. He will insist on quality team investment and that's what we need to see from the club, we've waited long enough and the fans did their bit last year with huge crowds turning out to see a very average side.
I can't think there is any manager that I wouldn't have doubts about, who could ever be 100% sure? Biesla has a big reputation on the football world and I think this would be an appointment on a completely different level to what we have seen at the club over the last ten years.
Karolkarol
Neil Redfearn's diversity coach

Post by Karolkarol »

For me it boils down to Bielsa's influence vs Orta's influence. If Bielsa's name can recruit players we'd otherwise not get then that is a bonus and a massive plus over the likes of Allardyce or McCarthy. The bottom line is our squad is not good enough, Orta's picks have not been good enough. The only way we'll progress is to have a manager with sufficient standing in the game to attract and manage players who'd otherwise give Leeds a miss.

I'm taking Wolves and the dog botherers as inspiration. Yes Wolves got the majority of their players because of Mendes and not Espirito Santo but the point stands that they were able to get access to those players in the first place. Same to a degree with Huddersfield, who may be the more pertinent example. They brought in a number of players familiar to Wagner supplemented some good loans like Mooy and Brown to add to what was a pretty average squad at best.

Personality wise it's a hell of a risk, he seems a very all or nothing kind of guy but we sure as hell can't afford to buy our way out of this league so we need to think outside the box. If he can attract players Orta otherwise couldn't and galvanise everyone into his way of thinking (Orta and Radz included) it could be what kickstarts us back to where we need to be.

It's a big if but as things stand we are a mid table Championship team, that is a fact.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

According to Sky news we are in advanced talks with Bielsa becoming our new head coach.
Winner of the Europa League
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

I think he's the right man, but maybe at the wrong time.

If we could've hired him after Dolly, we may have avoided all the shyte that followed - Reid, Venables, the loaness, relegation, etc ..

Having said that, I really do want him here just to see what happens.
I'm more excited about his appointment than I have been since O'Leary himself got the job, back when we were all so full of hope about his "babies" and what could be achieved.

It all boils down to time.
We've got the right owner now.
We've always had the right fans in terms of passion and number.
But the attitude is to want it all yesterday and football doesn't work like that.

I want it to work.
I think it might.
But we've got to hold our nerve when we - inevitably - lose a couple on the bounce in this bonkers, hyper-competitive division ..

I've voted "doubts" despite not really having ANY about the man himself. It's our supporters short fuse that worries me ..
SG90
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Post by SG90 »

If we can appoint Bielsa while in the Championship and with no parachute payments, so not money motivated, it just shows the potential of the club.

I always said I wanted the manager to have the following:
Experience in a pressurised environment? Check
Improvement of players already at the club? Check
Well respected and of a great stature? Check
Links up well with u23? Check
Not at the biggest job of their career? Check

I'm most excited about the likes of Pearce, Vieira, Rey, Clarke, Kun, Edmondson, Hudson, Dalby etc working with him than I am the first team to be honest.

I never understand this "know the league" mantra that gets spouted out every time. As if Rotherham and Wigan are far more intimidating than the Argentinian league, the Nou Camp or a World Cup qualifier in South America. It will just be Leeds fans singing anyway.