As a forum do we think BIELSA is the right man ?

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.

Is he

Yes he's the man
66%
I have my doubts
34%
I don't want him at the club
1%

Total votes: 137

Deleted User 728

Re: As a forum do we think BIELSA is the right man ?

Post by Deleted User 728 »

marziale wrote:I am a longstanding (i.e.ancient) fan of Leeds with memories back to the late 50s. How I have endured - along with all our fans - the dreadful last 15 years, I just don’t know. Money grubbing owners with no thought other than how deep their noses were in the trough, with the resulting queues of useless, if perhaps well-meaning managers. Harmless horny-handed sons of toil thoroughly out of their depth for the real task of rescuing the club. By and large ditto for much of the playing staff too, with honourable exceptions of course.
But now we have Radrizzani putting our club back to rights (that is what the verb ‘radrizzare’ means BTW). The investment in Bielsa would never have happened without a solemn undertaking to invest seriously in players. Otherwise it would be just spitting in the wind. It is time now to sit back and enjoy the ride. One and all.

Fantastic post, mate !

Love your turn of phrase, especially this bit : Harmless horny-handed sons of toil thoroughly out of their depth

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

leeds1970 wrote:Fingers crossed he gets the Money to get some quality players in. :)
If he uses his contacts he won't need to spend owt ;)
Winner of the Europa League
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

marziale wrote:I am a longstanding (i.e.ancient) fan of Leeds with memories back to the late 50s.
There's a few, me included that resemble that remark :lol:
Winner of the Europa League
Another Northern Soul
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Another Northern Soul »

marziale wrote:I am a longstanding (i.e.ancient) fan of Leeds with memories back to the late 50s. How I have endured - along with all our fans - the dreadful last 15 years, I just don’t know. Money grubbing owners with no thought other than how deep their noses were in the trough, with the resulting queues of useless, if perhaps well-meaning managers. Harmless horny-handed sons of toil thoroughly out of their depth for the real task of rescuing the club. By and large ditto for much of the playing staff too, with honourable exceptions of course.
But now we have Radrizzani putting our club back to rights (that is what the verb ‘radrizzare’ means BTW). The investment in Bielsa would never have happened without a solemn undertaking to invest seriously in players. Otherwise it would be just spitting in the wind. It is time now to sit back and enjoy the ride. One and all.
Well I never knew about radrizzare, thank you for that :D .

I do agree/hope you're right... about the investment, I can't see why Bielsa would come without those assurances.
Otherworld
Billy Bremner's barbed-wire salesman

Post by Otherworld »

An interesting article here in YEP. Definitely a cautionary tale. I hope we know what we might be getting into...

https://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/ ... -1-9209930
Gilford_NI_Whites
George Graham's Crombie cleaner

Post by Gilford_NI_Whites »

Otherworld wrote:An interesting article here in YEP. Definitely a cautionary tale. I hope we know what we might be getting into...

We've tried all the other routes with cheap managers who didn't demand things, nor did they challenge the owners etc. It didn't work.

So we might as well give him a chance.

Journalists will be crying out for stories about him. I'll take it all with a pinch of salt, and make up my own mind when I see how he performs.

We shouldn't get carried away. It will take time. What manager in the world could come in and change our style, players and achieve results instantly. I believe he will need the 2 years. Will the fans give him time if he has a rocky start? I hope so.
DominanceUK
Arthur Fairclough's milliner

Post by DominanceUK »

Gilford_NI_Whites wrote:
Otherworld wrote:An interesting article here in YEP. Definitely a cautionary tale. I hope we know what we might be getting into...

Will the fans give him time if he has a rocky start? I hope so.
That's the key question for me, regardless of the result and providing the performance is acceptable, we need to remain positive (and I will be telling myself that btw). I'm just worried there may be an over expectancy of MB to deliver straight away if he is given the players he wants. It's been discussed before about what we need for this club to challenge at the top end and I still firmly believe we are at least 5-6 quality players away from that.
birkybullufc
Arthur Fairclough's milliner

Post by birkybullufc »

Gilford_NI_Whites wrote:

We've tried all the other routes with cheap managers who didn't demand things, nor did they challenge the owners etc. It didn't work.

Journalists will be crying out for stories about him. I'll take it all with a pinch of salt, and make up my own mind when I see how he performs.

We shouldn't get carried away. It will take time. What manager in the world could come in and change our style, players and achieve results instantly. I believe he will need the 2 years. Will the fans give him time if he has a rocky start? I hope so.
TC did and it was to.his detriment. The way he had the team playing at the start of last season raised expectations to what proved to be impossible levels. The team wasn't strengthened enough in January and we fell away. A cautionary tale to temper expectation. I doubt it will though if we win 5 out of our first 6 games. :D
Follow the cause not the leaders.
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

marziale, good to have another old codger ( :D ). I saw my first game in '52. Great post by CW, a perfect example of the spirit of LUFCTALK. :thumbup:
I once played against Don Revie.
Another Northern Soul
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Another Northern Soul »

birkybullufc wrote:
Gilford_NI_Whites wrote:

TC did and it was to.his detriment. The way he had the team playing at the start of last season raised expectations to what proved to be impossible levels. The team wasn't strengthened enough in January and we fell away. A cautionary tale to temper expectation. I doubt it will though if we win 5 out of our first 6 games. :D
You mean we won't win ALL 6??

Bielsa out!!! :angel: