Captain 2018-2019

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
rss1969
Arthur Fairclough's milliner

Re: Captain 2018-2019

Post by rss1969 »

I am not sure that we currently have a Captain in our ranks. Maybe Forshaw if i had to pick one.
Mr Russell
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Mr Russell »

Cooper is a big no, would not even pick Pontus at this time either, Ayling or Forshaw are the contenders to me unless we bring someone who is clearly better than those two which is the direction where i think it will head.
Owners come and go but Leeds United will be there forever, for the fans - keep Marching on Together.
PhoenixUnited
Dick Ray's Talent Spotter

Post by PhoenixUnited »

The role of the Captain, IMHO, who stands out as a natural born Leader, is to do the Head Coach's bidding on the pitch, to rally and lead the troops in each game and to represent the players corner on matters with the "Management". This will be a player with the strength of character that has the respect of all around him and also the fans. With "the lads" he can push, pull, shout at, cajole, bully, put arm around etc. - whatever it takes to get the best out of them. He does not necessarily have to be the best player that is available but obviously that helps.

With that in mind, I am afraid there is not a single player that we currently have that can fill that role.

BTW Calamity Cooper is not it! :thumbdown:
Keep The Faith / WAL
Deleted User 5081

Post by Deleted User 5081 »

I have always been in Favor of a Central midfielder being the Captain, so for me Forshaw gets my vote.