England World Cup forum

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
Mickeyzee
Allan Clarke's tissue supplier

England World Cup forum

Post by Mickeyzee »

Hi Team,

I really enjoy our debates over LUFC and would love to do the same over the World Cup. is it OK to have this discussion here for the rest of the world cup?

I felt we were so wasteful and ultimately lucky in the end, but a win in our 1st game tonight and in the tournament is rare and gladly welcome.

Same team for Sunday?

Thanks

Mick
It's only a game love?! Shut up you daft woman....
judy

Re: England World Cup forum

Post by judy »

I thought the referee was completely oblivious to the Tunisia players’ constant fouling, yet saw a penalty against us that was completely manufactured by the Tunisian player. He ran into Walker’s arm and then threw himself onto the floor as if he’d been elbowed in the face! Yet, when our players were bundled onto the floor, by what were akin to rugby tackles in the penalty area, the ref just didn’t see it and this happened on at least 2 occasions! Justice was done when Kane scored the winner. Cheats should never prosper!
Deleted User 3150

Post by Deleted User 3150 »

As I expected before kick-off, Young and Sterling pretty useless

For me, Rashford and Loftus-Cheek should be first choice selections, as they showed when they came on.

Delph is another player I don't rate at this level
Mickeyzee

Post by Mickeyzee »

I think Sterling will be better comming off the bench against tired legs if we are chasing a game. Rashford should start in his place.

Im not sure who should start at LWB tbh, Young was very hit n miss.

I was very impressed with Tripper!

Need to win sunday then we can relax a bit.

Mick
clarkie
Luke Aylings Scrunchie maker

Post by clarkie »

Sterling reminds me of Roofe lots of promise but no end result not good enough to play for England . Young , Sterling and Lingard would not get into my team.
Deleted User 2988

Post by Deleted User 2988 »

Thought Loftus-Cheek had some nice touches when he came on, and showed a little bit of unpredictability at a point in the game where we'd become very pedestrian.

Rashford, on the other hand, I actually thought was really poor. Yes, he ran at people, but running at defenders and losing possession isn't much to write home about. When teams have ten men behind the ball, all camped just outside the 18 yard box, the answer isn't running straight at them and hoping you somehow get through. Too many of the England players (Sterling, Lingard, and Alli all guilty of the same crime) carried on with that method, expecting it to work.

To my surprise, I thought Henderson was the best player on the pitch. Kane's goals grab the headlines, but Henderson was always busy, always available, and much more positive than he usually is. Used the ball well and kept things ticking over nicely. Trippier also excellent.
Leicester White
Simon Grayson's Hairdresser

Post by Leicester White »

Pretty sure we'll beat Panama and then take a good look at the likely draw and weigh up whether to rest key players or go for it against Belgium. Great start and cool finishing from Kane under the pressure of the situation... last time we did well, we had the best poacher (Lineker)... fingers crossed! :-)
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

Mickeyzee wrote:Hi Team,

I really enjoy our debates over LUFC and would love to do the same over the World Cup. is it OK to have this discussion here for the rest of the world cup?

I felt we were so wasteful and ultimately lucky in the end, but a win in our 1st game tonight and in the tournament is rare and gladly welcome.

Same team for Sunday?

Thanks

Mick

Mick,

We already have World Cup threads in the "Football" section of the forum not the Leeds Utd section, actually have a thread for each group.
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
Mickeyzee

Post by Mickeyzee »

Selby White wrote:

Same team for Sunday?

Thanks

Mick

Mick,

We already have World Cup threads in the "Football" section of the forum not the Leeds Utd section, actually have a thread for each group.

Sorry mate, didnt realise!
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

Mickeyzee wrote:
Selby White wrote:

Same team for Sunday?

Thanks

Mick

Mick,

Sorry mate, didnt realise!
No problem it happens from time to time.
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.