Toby Nye

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
kk white
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Re: Toby Nye

Post by kk white »

Rest easy little man...
"An astonishing number of people despise Leeds United or what Leeds United stand for. But this club was never made for them." - Phil Hay
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

Another Northern Soul wrote:
That's beautiful and very sad at the same time, poor little fella. We'll never forget him, that's for sure.

Watching it made me cry, so young, so sad. Life's a Barsteward sometimes.

( I make no excuse for using bad language. )

R.I.P. Little Man, gone but you'll never be forgotten.
Winner of the Europa League
MOT1964
Dick Ray's Talent Spotter

ÅRe: Toby Nye

Post by MOT1964 »

This is so sad ....... :(

https://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/ ... -1-9629507

YorkshireEveningPost
@LeedsNews
The mum of tragic Leeds youngster Toby Nye has admitted defrauding £100,000 from the fund set up to pay for her gravely ill son's rare cancer treatment
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

Beyond the pale, isn't it ?

Sad isn't the word I'd use ..
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

Money, it really is the root of all evil.
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
Oldfox
Luke Aylings Scrunchie maker

Post by Oldfox »

When I first saw this story I thought this was a callous evil act, but that was based on my knee jerk reaction to the naked headline. On reflection there are mitigating circumstances. I cannot begin to imagine the mental torture a mother would go through to see her son slowly die of a terrible terminal disease. I cannot imagine the anguish of her holding his hand to comfort him and tell him it will all be fine whilst in the back of her mind she knew there was really no hope. I did not understand how the mind can be affected by mental health issues until two years go and that the first thing to go is clarity and rational thought. In this state of mind she may have thought she could increase the pot for his treatment via gambling. She may have found the actual act of gambling a temporary release from her torture. The mental stress and strain of watching your child die would have damaged even the strongest mind. She may have thought the very slim chance that the money would do any good would be enhanced by winning. The police have said Toby was not affected in any way by the crime so she saw he was the best he could be first. I really do not feel I can condem her without having experienced the unbearable torture she would have been put through.
kk white
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Post by kk white »

Well said Oldfox.

I learned myself, (2 years ago today ironically), that there is usually a deeper explanation to what is portrayed...
"An astonishing number of people despise Leeds United or what Leeds United stand for. But this club was never made for them." - Phil Hay
Deleted User 3289

Post by Deleted User 3289 »

Oldfox wrote:When I first saw this story I thought this was a callous evil act, but that was based on my knee jerk reaction to the naked headline. On reflection there are mitigating circumstances. I cannot begin to imagine the mental torture a mother would go through to see her son slowly die of a terrible terminal disease. I cannot imagine the anguish of her holding his hand to comfort him and tell him it will all be fine whilst in the back of her mind she knew there was really no hope. I did not understand how the mind can be affected by mental health issues until two years go and that the first thing to go is clarity and rational thought. In this state of mind she may have thought she could increase the pot for his treatment via gambling. She may have found the actual act of gambling a temporary release from her torture. The mental stress and strain of watching your child die would have damaged even the strongest mind. She may have thought the very slim chance that the money would do any good would be enhanced by winning. The police have said Toby was not affected in any way by the crime so she saw he was the best he could be first. I really do not feel I can condem her without having experienced the unbearable torture she would have been put through.
Well thought out and good summery. People never get into gambling thinking they will lose, but when you do, chasing loses can lead people to become reckless and turn out to be devastating. Its quite possible that she used gambling as a coping mechanism.
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

That's fair comment and I respect you for showing the other side to the headline.
It now just makes me mad at the media for going for the clickbait / paper sales..
Deleted User 5081

Post by Deleted User 5081 »

Agreed Oldfox, It's something i similarly posted on Facebook. There were many people clamoring over themselves to judge and ostracize the woman. I tend to look at the emotional upheaval the woman has been going through over the past few years. Some people are far too quick to judge without knowing the full truth.