Where will Leeds finish this season

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.

Where

Champions
11%
Runners up
20%
Play Offs
31%
7th - 10th
25%
11th - 14th
12%
15th - 18th
No votes
19th -20th
No votes
Relegation
No votes

Total votes: 83

Deleted User 3289

Re: Where will Leeds finish this season

Post by Deleted User 3289 »

Someone may stick it on Youtube or Facebook?
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

bielsafan wrote:
Viduka Hits The Mark wrote:
bielsafan wrote:haha 7-10th winning, you boys have been beaten down over the years it seems, from what I saw of todays game, your players have bought into the managers demands already, you should have a damn good chance to win your league, its not about the individual players, its all about the team
Nar mate. You obviously wasn't watching our start last season. Very similar in performance to that, then levels started to drop as the season went on. It remains to be seen if we have a big enough squad to perform like that all season. We are better placed no doubt. :thumbup:

Your team will perform like that all season because thats what the manager will insist on, no slackers, no feigning of injuries, no glory seekers, your players will run themselves into the ground for him. You don't understand who you have managing you, look at my team spurs under pochettino, look at southampton under him, look at pep guardiolas teams (yeah i know he buys the players but still), you have the manager that they worship and have based their managerial styles on, wait till your team learn how to press teams properly, pressing opposition to play backward or lump the ball forward just to relieve the pressure, choking the living daylights out of them and when they submit and sit back, wave after wave of attacks, unrelenting, so much so that the opposition will be begging your players for mercy and to not make them look stupid, this is real football, this is why you support a football team, not for the odd fancy dan, you want your whole team giving everything they have because thats what football is about, welcome to football under Bielsa, you will never accept what came before again
:clap: :clap: :clap:
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

Barlow Boy wrote:
bielsafan wrote:
Viduka Hits The Mark wrote:
bielsafan wrote:haha 7-10th winning, you boys have been beaten down over the years it seems, from what I saw of todays game, your players have bought into the managers demands already, you should have a damn good chance to win your league, its not about the individual players, its all about the team
Nar mate. You obviously wasn't watching our start last season. Very similar in performance to that, then levels started to drop as the season went on. It remains to be seen if we have a big enough squad to perform like that all season. We are better placed no doubt. :thumbup:

Your team will perform like that all season because thats what the manager will insist on, no slackers, no feigning of injuries, no glory seekers, your players will run themselves into the ground for him. You don't understand who you have managing you, look at my team spurs under pochettino, look at southampton under him, look at pep guardiolas teams (yeah i know he buys the players but still), you have the manager that they worship and have based their managerial styles on, wait till your team learn how to press teams properly, pressing opposition to play backward or lump the ball forward just to relieve the pressure, choking the living daylights out of them and when they submit and sit back, wave after wave of attacks, unrelenting, so much so that the opposition will be begging your players for mercy and to not make them look stupid, this is real football, this is why you support a football team, not for the odd fancy dan, you want your whole team giving everything they have because thats what football is about, welcome to football under Bielsa, you will never accept what came before again
:clap: :clap: :clap:
I'll second that :clap:
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
SG90
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Post by SG90 »

Went for top 6, but I don't see why we can't compete for top 2. I don't think there's an outstanding team in this league, Stoke looked bang average to me, I know they will improve but they don't have much creativity in there. The biggest problem will be sustaining that style of football, how we cope to defeats/being kicked around and hopefully keeping hold of Bielsa for the whole season. Give it till October and a struggling PL club will be looking at him.
Nic
Dick Ray's Talent Spotter

Post by Nic »

So far 60 votes, I wonder how many pre Stoke and how many post Stoke and whether the overall average has changed. Been Leeds fans when we are winning its going to be automatic promotion, but come a losing spell and its relegation battle time.

Some players have said they feel far fitter now than at any other time, so maybe the training regime and young squad may mean we can sustain it?
Get the kettle on
Paul Heckingbottom's career advisor

Post by Get the kettle on »

Gone for 7th to 10th just on the basis of our current squad vs current Championship teams.

I can quite see a scenario where we finish 2nd as I have belief in our head coach/manager (still think he fits more manager as he likes a more hands on approach I feel) and coaching set up more so than recent seasons, though I believe we are two/three players shy of 2nd at present.

Wherever we finish i'm sure the quality will be significantly better than recent seasons and am full of belief that we are a club on the up.
Costy
Dick Ray's Talent Spotter

Post by Costy »

Get the kettle on wrote:Gone for 7th to 10th just on the basis of our current squad vs current Championship teams.

I can quite see a scenario where we finish 2nd as I have belief in our head coach/manager (still think he fits more manager as he likes a more hands on approach I feel) and coaching set up more so than recent seasons, though I believe we are two/three players shy of 2nd at present.

Wherever we finish i'm sure the quality will be significantly better than recent seasons and am full of belief that we are a club on the up.
I'd be delighted with play offs and think we shouldn't finish any less than 8th, which is about what I would begrudgingly accept. We've got a few different faces that have theoretically brought a bit more quality and pace, a seemingly resurgent Klich who we possibly wasted last year, a year's more experience for our foreign and young players than last season and of course a high profile and very highly regarded new coach/manager. All those things say we should, and really have to, progress and perform better. Play offs for me are a realistic target and finishing outside the top 8 would be another failure.
kk white
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Post by kk white »

Just had a look at last years table. Amazing how you forget/block out the bad memories.
Didn't realise we finished 15 points outside the play offs.

Was gonna ask are we 8/9 points a better team than last year (only 3 wins over 46 matches), but 15 is quite a bit to make up.
Still feeling cautiously optimistic though :thumbup:
"An astonishing number of people despise Leeds United or what Leeds United stand for. But this club was never made for them." - Phil Hay
Wigan White
Arthur Fairclough's milliner

Post by Wigan White »

Thought I'd resurrect this thread, just for curiosities sake.

I thought I'd predicted us a Champions, bur it looks like I said we'd be the runner-up. :thumbup:
Another Northern Soul
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Another Northern Soul »

Wigan White wrote:Thought I'd resurrect this thread, just for curiosities sake.

I thought I'd predicted us a Champions, bur it looks like I said we'd be the runner-up. :thumbup:
Cheers WW. Kudos to the 8 who had us as champions and the 11 as runners-up. Me included but we might all be wrong yet :D