Where will Leeds finish this season

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.

Where

Champions
11%
Runners up
20%
Play Offs
31%
7th - 10th
25%
11th - 14th
12%
15th - 18th
No votes
19th -20th
No votes
Relegation
No votes

Total votes: 83

Deleted User 5081

Re: Where will Leeds finish this season

Post by Deleted User 5081 »

7th-10th for me, But i will re-post again after the first six games. This is due to the overhaul of the team by Bielsa and the demanding first six games against some of the toughest teams in the league. We should find out quickly how good we are under Bielsa during these six games.
Mr Russell
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Mr Russell »

Picked 7-10th but to be honest i could see us finish 1st or 24th!
Owners come and go but Leeds United will be there forever, for the fans - keep Marching on Together.
DominanceUK
Arthur Fairclough's milliner

Post by DominanceUK »

rss1969 wrote:11th to 14th for me.

We are just not strong enough in the key areas. Douglas is a good signing and Bamford is decent but not top notch. CB is going to be our problem again and I cannot see why this was not made our main area to recruit. BPF is no1 according to Bielsa so that area may not have been addressed either. With Forshaw looking injury prone and therefore potentially bad business we then go and sell RV (against the managers wishes).

I do not see Klich & Baker running CM which will mean more runners & crosses coming in to our box with an under par CB pairing.

Really hope I eat my words but over 46 games, we are not good/strong enough.
Did he say that BPF is number 1 though? Not heard that, other than that, I agree pal. You can't have such a small squad (in terms of quality) for this league and challenge up at the right end of the table. If we improve on last season, bring a couple of the young lads through and better performances throughout then I'll be happy. I want to see progress. Talk of promotion and challenging for it isn't miles away but it's still a little bit naive.
bielsafan
Luke Aylings Scrunchie maker

Post by bielsafan »

haha 7-10th winning, you boys have been beaten down over the years it seems, from what I saw of todays game, your players have bought into the managers demands already, you should have a damn good chance to win your league, its not about the individual players, its all about the team
Deleted User 3289

Post by Deleted User 3289 »

bielsafan wrote:haha 7-10th winning, you boys have been beaten down over the years it seems, from what I saw of todays game, your players have bought into the managers demands already, you should have a damn good chance to win your league, its not about the individual players, its all about the team
Nar mate. You obviously wasn't watching our start last season. Very similar in performance to that, then levels started to drop as the season went on. It remains to be seen if we have a big enough squad to perform like that all season. We are better placed no doubt. :thumbup:
daib0
Dick Ray's Talent Spotter

Post by daib0 »

I'll do the whole works ...

1 Aston Villa
2 Sheffield United
3 Derby County
4 Leeds United
5 West Bromwich Albion
6 Swansea City
7 Wigan Athletic
8 Queens Park Rangers
9 Sheffield Wednesday
10 Reading
11 Middlesbrough
12 Blackburn Rovers
13 Millwall
14 Hull City
15 Stoke City
16 Ipswich Town
17 Norwich City
18 Birmingham City
19 Brentford
20 Nottingham Forest
21 Bristol City
22 Preston North End
23 Rotherham United
24 Bolton Wanderers

I always have you well up, it's gotta click sooner or later! :thumbup:
A friendly Reading FC fan! He is a moderator here: http://www.extremefootballforum.com/forum
bielsafan
Luke Aylings Scrunchie maker

Post by bielsafan »

Viduka Hits The Mark wrote:
bielsafan wrote:haha 7-10th winning, you boys have been beaten down over the years it seems, from what I saw of todays game, your players have bought into the managers demands already, you should have a damn good chance to win your league, its not about the individual players, its all about the team
Nar mate. You obviously wasn't watching our start last season. Very similar in performance to that, then levels started to drop as the season went on. It remains to be seen if we have a big enough squad to perform like that all season. We are better placed no doubt. :thumbup:

Your team will perform like that all season because thats what the manager will insist on, no slackers, no feigning of injuries, no glory seekers, your players will run themselves into the ground for him. You don't understand who you have managing you, look at my team spurs under pochettino, look at southampton under him, look at pep guardiolas teams (yeah i know he buys the players but still), you have the manager that they worship and have based their managerial styles on, wait till your team learn how to press teams properly, pressing opposition to play backward or lump the ball forward just to relieve the pressure, choking the living daylights out of them and when they submit and sit back, wave after wave of attacks, unrelenting, so much so that the opposition will be begging your players for mercy and to not make them look stupid, this is real football, this is why you support a football team, not for the odd fancy dan, you want your whole team giving everything they have because thats what football is about, welcome to football under Bielsa, you will never accept what came before again
SiMamu
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by SiMamu »

bielsafan wrote:

Your team will perform like that all season because thats what the manager will insist on, no slackers, no feigning of injuries, no glory seekers, your players will run themselves into the ground for him. You don't understand who you have managing you, look at my team spurs under pochettino, look at southampton under him, look at pep guardiolas teams (yeah i know he buys the players but still), you have the manager that they worship and have based their managerial styles on, wait till your team learn how to press teams properly, pressing opposition to play backward or lump the ball forward just to relieve the pressure, choking the living daylights out of them and when they submit and sit back, wave after wave of attacks, unrelenting, so much so that the opposition will be begging your players for mercy and to not make them look stupid, this is real football, this is why you support a football team, not for the odd fancy dan, you want your whole team giving everything they have because thats what football is about, welcome to football under Bielsa, you will never accept what came before again
Not going to lie, I got chills reading this.

I think the fact that Bielsa himself is drawing people to the forum is a fantastic demonstration of the calibre of manager we have.
"A man with new ideas is a madman. Until his ideas triumph."
Deleted User 3289

Post by Deleted User 3289 »

bielsafan wrote:

Loving your love for the guy. :thumbup: If i'm right in saying though, i think some of his teams have run out of steam before? Believe me if they play like that first half all season i'll start calling him Jesus. :D
marziale
Neil Redfearn's diversity coach

Post by marziale »

As I said in June, let’s sit back and enjoy the ride.
...and I am abroad with no broadband so didn’t see the game yet.
BTW where is best place to see recording when I get back?? Any ideas?