Where will Leeds finish this season

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.

Where

Champions
11%
Runners up
20%
Play Offs
31%
7th - 10th
25%
11th - 14th
12%
15th - 18th
No votes
19th -20th
No votes
Relegation
No votes

Total votes: 83

Nic
Dick Ray's Talent Spotter

Re: Where will Leeds finish this season

Post by Nic »

judy wrote:I don’t appear to have voted in August. If I was to vote now, after tomorrow’s game, and we had won, I would predict top 2, probably 2nd as Norwich look like going the distance. If we had lost, my pessimistic side would rear it’s ugly head and I would have to say play-offs. I really do hope that is not our fate. We deserve a top 2 finish.

Who would have thought Norwich would be at the top? They finished one place below us last season, on the same points but with a worse goal difference.
You could also say the same of Leeds, who would have thought end of last season that with on the whole the same players we'd be pushing for an auto spot in the final run in., and a poor end of season finish would be in the play-offs.
PhoenixUnited

Post by PhoenixUnited »

My vote at the start of the season was the 11th to 14th bracket. Pleasantly surprised would be an understatement. I'm bloody ecstatic. I'm also trying to stay calm and thinking "we're in with a chance here". No more, no less. :wave:
Keep The Faith / WAL
D4LEEDS
Jock Stein's Brasso dealer

Post by D4LEEDS »

Nic wrote:
judy wrote:I don’t appear to have voted in August. If I was to vote now, after tomorrow’s game, and we had won, I would predict top 2, probably 2nd as Norwich look like going the distance. If we had lost, my pessimistic side would rear it’s ugly head and I would have to say play-offs. I really do hope that is not our fate. We deserve a top 2 finish.

Who would have thought Norwich would be at the top? They finished one place below us last season, on the same points but with a worse goal difference.
You could also say the same of Leeds, who would have thought end of last season that with on the whole the same players we'd be pushing for an auto spot in the final run in., and a poor end of season finish would be in the play-offs.
Our finish last year was all down to MrPH. With TV still there we'd have finished higher.
Another Northern Soul
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Another Northern Soul »

D4LEEDS wrote:
Nic wrote:

Our finish last year was all down to MrPH. With TV still there we'd have finished higher.
it's early so I'm drowsy - who's TV?
DominanceUK
Arthur Fairclough's milliner

Post by DominanceUK »

Another Northern Soul wrote:
D4LEEDS wrote:
Nic wrote:

Supposed to be TC. Easy mistake to make when the letters V and C next ti each other :P
ilkley62
Allan Clarke's tissue supplier

Post by ilkley62 »

I'm delighted with the season, much better than I thought.

Need a big finish, looking at all the current form league tables for the last 5, 10, 15 games have us between 5th & 6th so play offs looming if that continues (I'm sure were all looking forward to that! :D )
Nic

Post by Nic »

DominanceUK wrote:
Another Northern Soul wrote:
D4LEEDS wrote:
Nic wrote:

Supposed to be TC. Easy mistake to make when the letters V and C next ti each other :P
TV was Terry Venables - but that was a looong time ago he managed Leeds. :D