Next 4 games

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
kk white
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Re: Next 4 games

Post by kk white »

ilkley62 wrote:
blackbox2342 wrote:I'm feeling 2 wins, a draw and our first (dare I say) defeat. On that basis I'll go for 7 points.
Same for me, i'll take 7 points with 1 defeat in there
Just playing Devils Advocate here. If we are to lose, who would you prefer it to be against?

Rotherham, potentially damaging our confidence by losing to a perceived weaker team?
Or to a potential promotion rival, a virtual '6 pointer' even this early in the season?
"An astonishing number of people despise Leeds United or what Leeds United stand for. But this club was never made for them." - Phil Hay
ilkley62
Allan Clarke's tissue supplier

Post by ilkley62 »

kk_white wrote:
ilkley62 wrote:
blackbox2342 wrote:I'm feeling 2 wins, a draw and our first (dare I say) defeat. On that basis I'll go for 7 points.
Just playing Devils Advocate here. If we are to lose, who would you prefer it to be against?

Rotherham, potentially damaging our confidence by losing to a perceived weaker team?
Or to a potential promotion rival, a virtual '6 pointer' even this early in the season?
Boro for the first defeat if pushed only because that would mean 6 games undefeated from the start of the season.
Nic
Dick Ray's Talent Spotter

Post by Nic »

ilkley62 wrote:
kk_white wrote:
ilkley62 wrote:

Boro for the first defeat if pushed only because that would mean 6 games undefeated from the start of the season.
So you think we are more likely to not lose in an away game against Swansea City who have had 7 years in the premiership than a home game against Middlesbrough that we won last season?
SCOTTISH LEEDS
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by SCOTTISH LEEDS »

10 points

Rotherham win

Swansea draw

Norwich win

Boro win
kk white
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Post by kk white »

Nic wrote:
ilkley62 wrote:
kk_white wrote:
ilkley62 wrote:

So you think we are more likely to not lose in an away game against Swansea City who have had 7 years in the premiership than a home game against Middlesbrough that we won last season?
I think ilkley was just responding to my hypothetical question that if we were to lose 1 game in the next 4, what would your preference be for the reasons given above...
"An astonishing number of people despise Leeds United or what Leeds United stand for. But this club was never made for them." - Phil Hay
Wigan White
Arthur Fairclough's milliner

Post by Wigan White »

I'm looking at 10 points from these.

3 wins and a draw at Swansea.
isrodger
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by isrodger »

I think the one after those 4 millwall away will be a season definer.... can total football out do championship blood and thunder. I do hope Rotherham give our defence a battering... so Bielsa get a full understanding of our capabilities at centre half whilst he can do something about it!

Playing as we are 4 wins although will be happy with 2 wins 2 draws.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

Those who called 8 points give yourselves a pat on the back ;)
Winner of the Europa League
Wigan White
Arthur Fairclough's milliner

Post by Wigan White »

Wigan White wrote:I'm looking at 10 points from these.

3 wins and a draw at Swansea.
The boys really let me down last night. :roll:
Mr Russell
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Mr Russell »

Well I picked us to get between 7-10pts which thankfully we did but the most important thing (or 2 of them) was we are still unbeaten in the league and in those 4 games we actually kept 2 clean sheets which in season's past was a rare thing.
Owners come and go but Leeds United will be there forever, for the fans - keep Marching on Together.