The Bielsa Thread - post links here please

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
julio80s
Terry Venables's car dealer

The Bielsa Thread - post links here please

Post by julio80s »

http://www.goal.com/story/bielsathearchitect/

THIS IS NOW THE OFFICIAL FORUM THREAD FOR ALL LINKS RELATED TO OUR ILLUSTRIOUS HEAD COACH

Cheers
The Mod Team
Leonickroberts
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Re: bielsa the architect

Post by Leonickroberts »

Rather than setting up a new thread for those of us on here with a borderline obsessive fascination with Bielsa's tactics, I thought it might be worth adding to this thread (welcome to the forum Julio!) with this great bit of analysis of how Swansea countered our 4-1-4-1 system last week, and how Bielsa understood Swansea's gameplan very and quickly adapted to counter it. It's a great piece of analysis that shows our reliance on players' grasp of their roles, what happens if they don't (e.g. Philips), and how important both physical fitness and mental endurance are to the gameplan.

Mods, if you know of an old tactical thread (the tactics equivalent to the 'transfer rumours and squad discussions' thread) that this belongs in, or reckon it warrants a whole new thread, feel free to move it around!

https://spielverlagerung.com/2018/08/24 ... sas-leeds/
'When he plays on snow, he doesn't leave any footprints’
Deleted User 728

Re: bielsa the architect

Post by Deleted User 728 »

Leonickroberts wrote:Rather than setting up a new thread for those of us on here with a borderline obsessive fascination with Bielsa's tactics, I thought it might be worth adding to this thread (welcome to the forum Julio!) with this great bit of analysis of how Swansea countered our 4-1-4-1 system last week, and how Bielsa understood Swansea's gameplan very and quickly adapted to counter it. It's a great piece of analysis that shows our reliance on players' grasp of their roles, what happens if they don't (e.g. Philips), and how important both physical fitness and mental endurance are to the gameplan.

Mods, if you know of an old tactical thread (the tactics equivalent to the 'transfer rumours and squad discussions' thread) that this belongs in, or reckon it warrants a whole new thread, feel free to move it around!

https://spielverlagerung.com/2018/08/24 ... sas-leeds/
We were discussing this very possibility just the other day - thanks for suggesting it publicly :)
leedsfrenchfan
Giddy Kipper

Bielsa best speeches

Post by leedsfrenchfan »

Hi guys I just came to share with you these 4 vid which expalin a lot about Bielsa mentality,

Enjoy mate !!
Deleted User 728

Re: The Bielsa Thread - post links here please

Thanks mate.
I hope you don't mind but I merged your post with lots of others to keep the board tidy :)

Welcome to the forum and thanks for your immediate contribution.
LASAETARUBIA
Jock Stein's Brasso dealer

Post by LASAETARUBIA »

Bielsa in the news in Argentina all week but nothing to do with Leeds. A row in which El Loco apologised to Hernan Crespo but the forward is still bitter over the 2002 World Cup when he got practically no game time.
Deleted User 728

LASAETARUBIA wrote:Bielsa in the news in Argentina all week but nothing to do with Leeds. A row in which El Loco apologised to Hernan Crespo but the forward is still bitter over the 2002 World Cup when he got practically no game time.
It's covered here in another link :
http://www.lufctalk.com/forums/viewtopi ... lit=crespo
Deleted User 5081

Post by Deleted User 5081 »

rigger wrote:
LASAETARUBIA wrote:Bielsa in the news in Argentina all week but nothing to do with Leeds. A row in which El Loco apologised to Hernan Crespo but the forward is still bitter over the 2002 World Cup when he got practically no game time.
It's covered here in another link :
http://www.lufctalk.com/forums/viewtopi ... lit=crespo
I read this yesterday in another link and it was good to see Crespo, who was a fantastic player in his day accept the apology and also express his admiration for Bielsa.

Players from all corners of the world have been influenced by the manager we have whether he was was in a club for a short period of time or a long period of time. You can see the impact he has had on our squad of what we called mediocre players already. We are a huge club with some players who are lets be honest punching above their weight but we also have some very decent players who Bielsa will make better and better.

Where ever Bielsa has gone he has had an impact. Even the players who were at Lille where he had his lowest ebb as a coach still talk about his methods. Things went drastically wrong for him there after 13 games but he has the know how to get players thinking in a way that is not normally taught to them, especially with English or British and Irish styles of coaching which in my opinion is garbage. Leeds United needed someone like Bielsa to take charge and pull up the old dying deadwood that we were dragging around for the past ten years or more and reshape or re-model the concept of football and its differences to continental and further afield styles.

I really have a good feeling about this season, but i fear the next more than anything because Bielsa in his track record has always fallen short in his second year as a coach wherever he's gone which were not a national team.
Hernan14
Giddy Kipper

Re: Bielsa best speeches

Post by Hernan14 »

leedsfrenchfan wrote:Hi guys I just came to share with you these 4 vid which expalin a lot about Bielsa mentality,

Enjoy mate !!
I'm sorry that some of you don't speak Spanish, because the translations in the videos leave a lot to be desired, and the traslations lose a lot of sense about what Bielsa says, always Bielsa seems to talk about football but in reality he is always talking about life, just an example of the conversation with Mendy, he says "Mendy already knows that he will be a millionaire" but in the translation he says "he's gone to be a good player"...When I have some free time, I would translate the videos to you on the best way, anyway the best of Bielsa about football is this, I get goosebumps and a little tear falls every time I hear it:

https://youtu.be/hbG78e2T_I8

The traslation:

"I'm going to read you what for me is the football:

We all were very friends, we liked to play together, we passed a good time gathered, we tried to do it the best possible,
attack a lot and later recover it (the ball) with the illusion to return to attack and we waiting the company of the luck.

That is the football, lads."

Even my translation loses a lot of sense, when you listen to it, you automatically think when we played in the "Potrero", that is, what football is for him, it is that, good moments from when he was a child, playing with his friends and attacking without stop, not for nothing here, don't care if the game was going 15 to 0, always arises a cry of "último goal gana!" (last goal wins!).

That's football not for him, that's football for all of us, the beatiful reminiscence of the good times...

*Potrero: In Argentina is where we played football the children (in fact we never say play football, we say "jugar a la pelota", usually each green available land (if you were lucky to have grass at least at the beginning) still without constructions in it. No parks, land available between the houses, always with stranges measures, and with different entities, in one of them you play between friends, in others you were the "visitor" and played together with your friends against another team, the "owner" of the other "potrero", the winner usually win only a cold glass bottle of coca-cola pay by the lossing team, to made the "duel" we say: "por la coca!" ("by the coke!")...of course that badly change, but still in some places the childs play to a bottle of coca-cola, of course, a plastic one ;D

Some fields, the biggest availables had the goals with official measures and no "official" owner, only to made duels of 11 to 11 between "teams" of the neighborhood , others at least of iron, others made of wood and tied with wire, and in others simply the posts were made by placing stones adding some jumper or sweater to be visible...

Sorry, by the long post :yawn:
ilkley62
Allan Clarke's tissue supplier

Post by ilkley62 »

Thanks for posting :)