MB'S PRESS CONFERENCES

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
SCOTTISH LEEDS
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Re: MB'S PRESS CONFERENCES

Post by SCOTTISH LEEDS »

Roberts is the first option

The first option we have is Tyler Roberts and we have also other possibilities.

I am happy that other players are ready to play. Roberts has made many efforts, and played 40 minutes as a number 9 for his international side.
SCOTTISH LEEDS

Post by SCOTTISH LEEDS »

Bielsa on the difficult Millwall fixture

It will be a game similar to the one we played against Boro. It is a team that doesn’t have the same ranking as Boro but they did things in the past that describe the possibilities. A team that is with the same players for a long time - they has simulated the style and will face similar difficulties against Millwall as the ones we faced against Boro.
SCOTTISH LEEDS

Post by SCOTTISH LEEDS »

Edmondson and Clarke - how close to featuring?

Bielsa: "They are young players, we value them with their skills. And then we have to find the right moment to make them play so they can express their skills. We have to choose the right time. We can't put them in too early or too late. And we never have to use young players because we have the obligation to solve a problem. The goal is use to young players in specific moments so the team can protect them."
SCOTTISH LEEDS

Post by SCOTTISH LEEDS »

Bielsa on United's style

We'll see if we are faithful to our style or if we make concessions to a rival who is trying to neutralise us. Against Middlesbrough we had the ball, the possession but few chances to score. The opponent had more chances than us. For us it was difficult.
SCOTTISH LEEDS

Post by SCOTTISH LEEDS »

What has happened with Hernandez?

Bielsa: "He was well. And he got injured again."
SCOTTISH LEEDS

Post by SCOTTISH LEEDS »

Bielsa on tactics for Millwall

You evaluate the styles especially when you play against teams that have an opposite style. It is always something new that we have to find a solution to. If we are faithful to our style, especially when the opponents try to neutralise us. So we will see if we will be faithful to our style or make concessions against a rival. We might have three possibilities.

The first is not to take any risk that we have to take to be faithful to our style.

The goal of this is to try to make the mistake provoked by the opponent - this is not the most important thing.

I am not willing to choose this first possibility. The second option is to be faithful to our style and then this allows the rival to make an opposition. I wouldn’t choose this option either because usually the teams who fall into this are described as naive teams and we criticise these kinds of teams. We all know that syles are valid if we can overcome the rival. The content of the style is only safe if we have success and there is a third possibility. This is to be faithful to our style and to our rival - what will happen is one of these possibilities.

The game against Boro was a good scenario to find the answer to the question. Against Boro we had the ball and possession but few chances to score. The opponent had more chances to score than us with a tool that is very easy to implement. And for us it was very difficult to neutralise this tool.

It is difficult to play against these things when there is a difference between the size of players but we did a big effort and prevented Boro from scoring any goal. I think the game against Boro prepared us for this coming game. We have the obligation to improve our performance because before play against Boro we knew what opposition we would face.

Against Millwall it is more important because we know what opposition we will face and also because we have the experience playing this kind of game
SCOTTISH LEEDS

Post by SCOTTISH LEEDS »

What has happened with Hernandez?

Bielsa: "He was well. And he got injured again.

I have the intention of not giving an answer as an excuse.

I say that we can solve the absence of Pablo, Bamford and Roofe - I wouldn’t want to ignore what they represent for the team. They have the conviction I am convinced and we have been working with a lot more than 11 players.

The time has come to show the product of the result of what we have done so far. Sometimes when you ask a question it is difficult to tell the truth without going in a position to common sense.

I am worried when I analyse the reality. The people who don’t take into account the reality are people who dare too much. I do not ignore reality but I am always full of hope before the game. Before any game I always have a lot of hope that invades me - I have more expectations for what I can get in the following game than for the resources I can use.
SCOTTISH LEEDS

Post by SCOTTISH LEEDS »

Atmosphere at Millwall? - hostile and aggressive

Bielsa: "There are clear limits to hostility and it's a civilised competition."

Not worried?

Bielsa: "I am worried when I analyse the reality. The people who don't take into account the reality are people who dare too much. I do not ignore reality. But I am always full hope of hope before a game. Before any game I always have a lot of hope that evades me."
SCOTTISH LEEDS

Post by SCOTTISH LEEDS »

Can you quieten the crowd at Millwall?

Bielsa: "I have been doing this job for the last 30 years and I have never been affected by the fans. Maybe because I have a big tolerance for that. I am not very familiar with the atmosphere at Millwall. I have been insulted in my career, and spat on and had bottles thrown at me but nothing serious ever happened to me."
SCOTTISH LEEDS

Post by SCOTTISH LEEDS »

Is this is the biggest test now?

If we look backwards, we didn't have many injured players. And we didn't have injured players in the same positions so I can't deny the fact that it's a difficulty. We always talked about the fact that we had 18 players and four youngsters so now we will see how good the work has been."

Bielsa on winning manger of the month

"I am thankful. I share this award with all the people who allowed me to get this award, my staff, the football players, my colleagues and fans and supporters."