Why we WILL go up this season

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
Another Northern Soul
LUFCTALK Moderator

Why we WILL go up this season

Post by Another Northern Soul »

In response to my good mate isrodger's thread, I thought this deserves a thread of its own too.

I am not tempting fate with this because fate doesn't determine league placings and I did tip us to be runners-up in the predictions thread here too.

It's too early to give any detailed reason as to why i think we'll go up, I just think we will. Like every other team, we need our players to stay fit/uninjured and for the disciplinary record to be as clean as possible.

Cheers and MOT!
isrodger
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Re: Why we WILL go up this season

Post by isrodger »

Happy to bet against you ... superstition does not allow to bet on my team. Make a cheeky £1. Sincerely hope your right and the centenary scenario does add a degree of inevitability... did I say that.

Let’s see after Boro & Millwall.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

I hope you're right, it's too long since we last dined at the top table. The side looks UNITED at the moment. There will be games where we don't play well it's inevitable but I'm just enjoying watching a side that does give a damn. The posters on here are posting positive things about the club. The negative posters are not even signing in these days. The manager is obviously the man to take us back, let's hope he stays at least the season.

How different things are & so far removed from Bates who was only ever with us to make money. GFH who were just grossly incompetent & finally the revolving door manager policy of Cellino. How anyoneyesterday ever thought that any of the aforementioned were good for the club beggars belief.

#inradrizzaniwetrust
Winner of the Europa League
ilkley62
Allan Clarke's tissue supplier

Post by ilkley62 »

Maybe I'm suffering from temporary Insanity but it feels a bit like when Wilko took over which was the key then to our upturn in fortunes - he knew how he wanted us to play & he got the most out of a number of "steady/honest" players alongside some real quality players. They all knew what they were doing & they played/battled as a team.

......So thats the next 3 years on an upward curve sorted :) I'll get another cuppa
SS6
Jock Stein's Brasso dealer

Post by SS6 »

It just feels different this season. Not felt like this since Larry was at the helm. The players look to be together at the moment and seem to know what they are doing. I think additions in the next couple of weeks is crucial. Hernandez and Siaz keeping fit and on the pitch is a must. Another CB for me obviously. Forshaw to come back is a bonus.
ChilwellWhite
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by ChilwellWhite »

Dare to dream, I would love to see us return to the top flight but I don't want to follow a yo yo side, I want a side that at worst suffers as we have done in The Championship, mid table obscurity. Radz and Bielsa are if nothing else putting a smile on my face, long may it continue.
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

I'm trawling the internet every Saturday evening and Sunday morning looking for anything LUFC related. The game result entries on the members map last season were always a catch up thing now I'm adding them straight away with a smile on my face. I do think this start is different than last seasons too. I was talking to a mate in work after the Derby game spouting how this manager will have a plan B, C and probably D as once TC was found out we slumped (shows how much I know) MB doesn't do other plans he just makes plan A work, easy for the players no changing systems etc. I feel that at half time whatever message needed will be passed on. So yes I do think we'll at least make play offs but at worst people are starting to notice Leeds United again for the right reasons.

And all this from a manager who I said I had my doubts about.
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

A word of caution tells me, we are only 2 points better off to what we were at this stage last season (after 5 games).

However, as others have said, it just feels different this year. Bielsa is a country mile better than the likes of TC and Hecky (and that’s not being disrespectful to them), the players are fully onboard with what he is trying to do, the atmosphere at the games is incredible and we are hardly using the players brought in over the summer as yet.

All positive at the minute, but it’s a long, long season.
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
whitedancer
David O'Leary's baby-sitter

Post by whitedancer »

i don't think we will make it this season, think we will be found out defensively,2nd half of season,unless we make a couple of signings to push on
ie flint of middlesbro would be great :lolno: .
but enjoying the ride at the moment.long may it continue.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

It's a natural thing over the last decade or so for us the fans to feel pessimistic but as others have said it feels different this year. The starting eleven is virtually the same each game but it's the bench where we look impressive with the likes Bamford, Baker, Harrison, Pearce, Shackleton & Blackman all ready to step up to the plate, let's not forget Dallas & Forshaw. Given the players from last year O'Kane, Ekuban, Wiedwald, Grot, Lonergan, Lasogga et al I know we're in a better place.
Winner of the Europa League