Championship Manager of the Month

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
Deleted User 5081

Re: Championship Manager of the Month

Post by Deleted User 5081 »

Congrats to Marcelo Bielsa in his first Championship Manager of the month award as well as Roofe for picking up the Championship player of the month award. Fresh off the PFA award for Pablo Hernandez which shows the difficulty in the teams we played over August and still maintain first place.

It just doesn't get any better than this guys. Let the March through September be as successful as August and then we can start believing.....

MOT
kk white
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Post by kk white »

"Tony Pulis pipped by Leeds' Marcelo Bielsa for Championship manager award":
https://www.gazettelive.co.uk/sport/foo ... d-15120325

Pipped? PIPPED? :lol:

Unless the Boro fans came in with 9,600 votes in the last 3 hours, I doubt it.
"An astonishing number of people despise Leeds United or what Leeds United stand for. But this club was never made for them." - Phil Hay
Deleted User 5081

kk_white wrote:"Tony Pulis pipped by Leeds' Marcelo Bielsa for Championship manager award":

I read that earlier and laughed also. In fairness he has got Middlesboro up and running well. But the reason why Bielsa won it is because of the limitations we have on squad size and the biggest factor is because of the hardness of our opposition we have faced during August. Middlesborough have faced some good teams (none as good as us) I think they will have a dip soon to be honest and if we can gain 10-12 points in our next 4-5 games i do honestly believe we shall be leaving Middlesborough and the rest in our wake.

Our players need to come back from international duty with that same fighting spirit and use last seasons plummet as a yard stick to success. I believe we can do it this year.
DominanceUK
Arthur Fairclough's milliner

Post by DominanceUK »

You all know about the Manager of the Month curse, right guys?! I was hoping he wouldn't get it!
Deleted User 5081

DominanceUK wrote:You all know about the Manager of the Month curse, right guys?! I was hoping he wouldn't get it!
:shh: I'm trying to remain positive here mate. :D
kk white

Post by kk white »

CorkWhite wrote:
DominanceUK wrote:You all know about the Manager of the Month curse, right guys?! I was hoping he wouldn't get it!
:shh: I'm trying to remain positive here mate. :D
He didn't pose with the trophy though, perhaps that's the curse, not the award itself.

That's what I'm going to believe anyway! :crazy:
"An astonishing number of people despise Leeds United or what Leeds United stand for. But this club was never made for them." - Phil Hay
superwhites
Neil Redfearn's diversity coach

Post by superwhites »

CorkWhite wrote:
kk_white wrote:"Tony Pulis pipped by Leeds' Marcelo Bielsa for Championship manager award":

I read that earlier and laughed also. In fairness he has got Middlesboro up and running well. But the reason why Bielsa won it is because of the limitations we have on squad size and the biggest factor is because of the hardness of our opposition we have faced during August. Middlesborough have faced some good teams (none as good as us) I think they will have a dip soon to be honest and if we can gain 10-12 points in our next 4-5 games i do honestly believe we shall be leaving Middlesborough and the rest in our wake.

Our players need to come back from international duty with that same fighting spirit and use last seasons plummet as a yard stick to success. I believe we can do it this year.
Let’s not get carried away, were 6 games in fgs
Has the last few seasons taught you nothing :(
kk white

Post by kk white »

superwhites wrote:
CorkWhite wrote:

Let’s not get carried away, were 6 games in fgs
Has the last few seasons taught you nothing :(
Hi Super.

I don't think anyone's getting carried away.

The original post alluded to the fact that with 3 hours left in the voting, Bielsa was at 76% and Pulis at 14%. A bit more than 'pipped' to the award.

Corky wishes that the team return with the same spirit and holds good belief for the year ahead.
Another Northern Soul
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Another Northern Soul »

We all need to stop being happy about this!!!! :P
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

Another Northern Soul wrote:We all need to stop being happy about this!!!! :P
Seconded, I can't be doing with all this upbeat crap .... I'm a Leeds fan after all.
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders