Advice needed on quick getaway from ER

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
Ulsterwhite
Brian McDermott's optician

Advice needed on quick getaway from ER

Post by Ulsterwhite »

I'm over next weekend for the Brum game and need to be back at LBA for around 6 or 6:30pm for flight home. Looking advice for quick getaway from ER after match, all advice welcome.Cheers
Marciamo assieme!
Another Northern Soul
LUFCTALK Moderator

Re: Advice needed on quick getaway from ER

Post by Another Northern Soul »

Book a taxi. AND, if you can endure it, leave the match a few minutes early before the final whistle!

Elland Road itself is a nightmare for traffic and people nabbing taxis (Uber) so if you can I would walk to the top of the hill (Wesley Street) and meet your pre-booked taxi there. The local firm is Gee Gees and they're on 0113 2779889, their fare to LBA is around £25. It's not worth risking it - Gees Gees are reliable but they would not want to be near ER due to the heavy congestion after matches.

PM me mate if I can help more :)
Ulsterwhite
Brian McDermott's optician

Post by Ulsterwhite »

thanks ONS, much appreciated,i'll give them a call this week.
Marciamo assieme!
Another Northern Soul
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Another Northern Soul »

Ulsterwhite wrote:thanks ONS, much appreciated,i'll give them a call this week.
no probs. There is a road leading off Wesley Street which you could suggest the taxi meet you at the bottom of - easier for him and for you TBF. It's 'Sunnyview' something leading off Wesley Street. They'll know it obviously :) , and be sure to tell them that it's an airport run so urgent etc etc.

Probably no need but let me know if any problem as a very well-known fan is a driver for Gee Gees so he will be able to 'have a word' if needed :D