10 games in

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Re: 10 games in

Post by NottinghamWhite »

kk_white wrote:All of the teams within 3 points of us are away from home today:

Hull City v Middlesbrough (2nd, 18 points) 0-0
Preston North End v West Bromwich Albion (3rd, 17 points) 0-0
Millwall v Sheffield United (4th, 16 points) 0-1
Norwich City v Wigan Athletic (5th, 16 points) 0-0
Bolton Wanderers v Derby County (6th, 16 points) 1-0
)
Halftime
Winner of the Europa League
kk white
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Post by kk white »

NottinghamWhite wrote:
kk_white wrote:All of the teams within 3 points of us are away from home today:

Hull City v Middlesbrough (2nd, 18 points) 0-0
Preston North End v West Bromwich Albion (3rd, 17 points) 0-0
Millwall v Sheffield United (4th, 16 points) 0-1
Norwich City v Wigan Athletic (5th, 16 points) 0-0
Bolton Wanderers v Derby County (6th, 16 points) 1-0
)
Halftime
75 mins, Boro pegged back.

Unfortunately an OG has WBA back in front...
"An astonishing number of people despise Leeds United or what Leeds United stand for. But this club was never made for them." - Phil Hay
kk white

Post by kk white »

Not too bad. Only 2 of the 5 won:

WBA go a point ahead of us (I think they will be the stand-out team come next May)
Blades won

Boro drew

Wigan lost
Derby lost
"An astonishing number of people despise Leeds United or what Leeds United stand for. But this club was never made for them." - Phil Hay
ilkley62
Allan Clarke's tissue supplier

Post by ilkley62 »

If I'm being honest I'm delighted with the start, I love the attitude of the manager & players (& us fans ) & I think we are onto something

Looking ahead I'm not going to get excited if we are pushing for the play offs as they are a lottery, I really want us to finish top 2 (like we all do) so with that in mind I'm going to compare us to Wolves last season as a measure - They had 20 points from 10 games only 1 ahead of us so all good so far, where it gets tricky is Wolves went on to win 9 of their next 10 league games so had 47 points from 20 games - as much as I would love it I dont think we will go on a run like that.

Here's hoping.......:)
Nic
Dick Ray's Talent Spotter

Post by Nic »

ilkley62 wrote:If I'm being honest I'm delighted with the start, I love the attitude of the manager & players (& us fans ) & I think we are onto something

Looking ahead I'm not going to get excited if we are pushing for the play offs as they are a lottery, I really want us to finish top 2 (like we all do) so with that in mind I'm going to compare us to Wolves last season as a measure - They had 20 points from 10 games only 1 ahead of us so all good so far, where it gets tricky is Wolves went on to win 9 of their next 10 league games so had 47 points from 20 games - as much as I would love it I dont think we will go on a run like that.

Here's hoping.......:)

Newcastle the year before were on 19 after 10 matches, but then won 8 of their next 10 games.

We do need a good solid run of wins to show credentials. Its because this season we started strong (4 wins and a draw) before pulling back - only half the points in the second 5 as we got in the first 5. Performances are good, such as the Wednesday game where we could have got more. Does look positive and just need to bookmark this thread to see if we reach the 40 point mark by December.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

Midweek games involving the top 6.

Sheffield Wednesday v WBA
Hull City v Leeds United
Ipswich Town v Middlesbrough
Blackburn Rovers v Sheffield United
Derby County v Norwich City
Brentford v Birmingham City

With only 6 points seperating the top 15 ( Villa on 14 ) & Stoke 10 points behind the pace it's going to be an exciting season. On paper we should beat Hull....
Winner of the Europa League
ChilwellWhite
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by ChilwellWhite »

Must admit I've just persued the newspaper and yes it's tight with as NW says 15 clubs all in with a shout. The Championship is so much better than the predictable Premiership where with the exception of Manchester United the top 5 are as you would expect. West Bromwich as I expected are the stand out team but they will be beaten again. Our goal difference could be worth an extra point come season end. It will be intresting to see if the bottom 3 of Ipswich, Millwall and PNE are still there at the end of season.
Deleted User 5081

Post by Deleted User 5081 »

Delighted with the overall performance of the team and the managers influence on the training pitch.

I believe that this is our year no if's or but's......
We have slowed down in the last few games but were fortunate to see other results go our way. We do need to start getting a few points together in the next few games just so the threat from below us can fall away and not have us all huddled so close together. The way the league looks will only inspire those teams below us to believe they have a chance also. We can do this, we do need some help on the injury front to improve to make it work though.
Nic
Dick Ray's Talent Spotter

Post by Nic »

Only 10 games have been played, so saying 15 teams are in it is rather misleading - the difference is 6 points, or 20% of points that could be scored. So at the start of Feb 2019 when most will have played 30 games, would you say anyone 18 points of the top spot are in with a shout?

Start of seasons are often very mixed as new players gel with old and playing styles are sorted. Teams now should be finding their rhythm and how they start playing now will really tell who's likely to be still in with a shout. We are playing well, just need to start turning the draws into wins, putting away the missed chances.
kk white

Post by kk white »

Form Guide for last 6 matches:

1 Norwich City LDWWWW 13
2 West Bromwich Albion LWDWWW 13
3 Sheffield United WWLDWW 13
4 Sheffield Wednesday WWDLWD 11
5 Derby County WWLDWL 10
6 Queens Park Rangers WDWWLL 10
7 Bristol City WWWLLD 10
8 Wigan Athletic LWLWWL 9
9 Nottingham Forest DLDWWD 9
10 Blackburn Rovers WLDDWD 9
11 Leeds United WDDWLD 9
12 Middlesbrough WDLWDD 9
13 Swansea City LWDLDW 8
14 Reading DLWLWD 8
15 Stoke City WLDWLD 8
16 Brentford LWWDLD 8
17 Birmingham City DDDDWD 8
18 Rotherham United WLWLLD 7
19 Aston Villa DLDWLD 6
20 Bolton Wanderers LDLLDW 5
21 Hull City LLWLLD 4
22 Ipswich Town LDLDDD 4
23 Millwall LLDLLL 1
24 Preston North End LDLLLL 1