10 games in

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

10 games in

Post by Selby White »

I think 10 games is a fair period to develop opinions to our credentials.

Personally I'm elated, consider myself among the positive (heart leading head) on here yet pre-season I was thinking 15 points would have been an excellent start. 19 is fantastic we are truly in the shake up.

Considering the quality of football and the fact we've maintained it despite a few key players getting injured all Leeds fans have reason to smile again.

We've visited, Derby, Swansea, Millwall, Norwich and Millwall all of which were potential banana skins yet still remain unbeaten on the road.

This really does have the look of been the real deal.
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
kk white
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Re: 10 games in

Post by kk white »

This.

Big difference for me over last season, is that all of our points earned have been deserved.
I don't think there has been a game where we said we were lucky to get a result.

Quite the opposite, we deserved a bit more from a couple of drawn games.
"An astonishing number of people despise Leeds United or what Leeds United stand for. But this club was never made for them." - Phil Hay
Another Northern Soul
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Another Northern Soul »

kk_white wrote:This.

Big difference for me over last season, is that all of our points earned have been deserved.
I don't think there has been a game where we said we were lucky to get a result.

Millwall nearly did us KKW, hitting post in the last minute or so, and Keystone Cops defending just after we'd equalised :P . It def felt like a win then, last night sort of feels like a defeat, not that I'm complaining, so much good from us in the game.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

We're still picking up valuable points even without Berardi, Hernandez, Roofe, Bamford & Brown all players you would pick or have on the bench. When they return we have a team to reckon with. Look at the teams we've played who would have thought we would beat the likes of Stoke, Derby, Norwich & get draws at Swansea, Millwall & Wednesday ?
Winner of the Europa League
kk white

Post by kk white »

Another Northern Soul wrote:
kk_white wrote:This.

Millwall nearly did us KKW, hitting post in the last minute or so, and Keystone Cops defending just after we'd equalised :P . It def felt like a win then, last night sort of feels like a defeat, not that I'm complaining, so much good from us in the game.
They certainly did ANS, but we deserved the point nonetheless, if only for our resilience at times alone.
Last edited by kk white on 29 Sep 2018, 10:35, edited 1 time in total.
"An astonishing number of people despise Leeds United or what Leeds United stand for. But this club was never made for them." - Phil Hay
ChilwellWhite
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by ChilwellWhite »

If asked at the start of the season would I be happy with 19 points and a plus 12 goal difference I would quiet frankly have ripped your proverbial arm off. The next 5 games all look very winnable so I fully expect us to be still top at the end of October.
kk white

Post by kk white »

ChilwellWhite wrote:...The next 5 games all look very winnable so I fully expect us to be still top at the end of October.
Oh, please be right Chilwell... I'm getting dizzy :crazy: :thumbup:
kk white

Post by kk white »

All of the teams within 3 points of us are away from home today:

Hull City v Middlesbrough (2nd, 18 points)
Preston North End v West Bromwich Albion (3rd, 17 points)
Millwall v Sheffield United (4th, 16 points)
Norwich City v Wigan Athletic (5th, 16 points)
Bolton Wanderers v Derby County (6th, 16 points)
Deleted User 3289

Post by Deleted User 3289 »

Have to hold my hands up and say i was skeptical at the start of the season appointing MB. I was in the frame of mind that it doesn't matter who we appoint these players are not good enough. Ok they still might not be come the end of the season but there's no doubting we have got more resilience about us so far this season. If someone would have told me that 5ft 8 Berardi would possible be our best CB so far this season i would have laughed them out of town. Glad to say i know very little about football as my other half is proving week in week out at Super 6. :D
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

ChilwellWhite wrote:If asked at the start of the season would I be happy with 19 points and a plus 12 goal difference I would quiet frankly have ripped your proverbial arm off. The next 5 games all look very winnable so I fully expect us to be still top at the end of October.
Let's see the next 5 games.

Hull City A ( 21st )
Brentford H ( 7th )
Blackburn Rovers A,( 13th)
Ipswich Town H ( 23rd )
Nottingham Forest H ( 10th )

Think I agree all very winnable. The futures white, the futures bright.
Winner of the Europa League