10 games in

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
Mr Russell
LUFCTALK Moderator

Re: 10 games in

Post by Mr Russell »

The positive for me is that we have only conceded 8 goals from the 10 games played, something unheard of in past seasons where we would have conceded double or even treble of what we have this season.

The only let down is lately we have been drawing too many games for my liking but maybe i'm asking for a little too much with some of our injury concerns.

All in all very promising
Owners come and go but Leeds United will be there forever, for the fans - keep Marching on Together.
DominanceUK
Arthur Fairclough's milliner

Post by DominanceUK »

Viduka Hits The Mark wrote:Have to hold my hands up and say i was skeptical at the start of the season appointing MB. I was in the frame of mind that it doesn't matter who we appoint these players are not good enough. Ok they still might not be come the end of the season but there's no doubting we have got more resilience about us so far this season. If someone would have told me that 5ft 8 Berardi would possible be our best CB so far this season i would have laughed them out of town. Glad to say i know very little about football as my other half is proving week in week out at Super 6. :D
Pretty much my thinking, Vidz. The football we're playing is the best I've seen in years. I said this the other night, MB has transformed the entire club. My belief is growing with each game. Even though we lost to Brum, I was happy with the performance, it just didn't click that day. We were superb on Friday but we just couldn't put away our chances. Those results happen on a regular basis in the Championship. Brentford aside, I've not seen much in this league that's better than us.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

Interesting group of games tonight which will probably keep things tight for us.

Blackburn Rovers v Sheffield United
Derby County v Norwich City
Nottingham Forest v Millwall
Rotherham United v Bristol City
Sheffield Wednesday v WBA

With just 7 points between us & Bolton in 15th we need a few results going our way.
Winner of the Europa League
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

NottinghamWhite wrote:Interesting group of games tonight which will probably keep things tight for us.

Blackburn Rovers v Sheffield United
Derby County v Norwich City
Nottingham Forest v Millwall
Rotherham United v Bristol City
Sheffield Wednesday v WBA

With just 7 points between us & Bolton in 15th we need a few results going our way.
Things didn't go badly last night with just Sheffield United picking up 3 points all the other games ended in draws. Still top :D though just 1 point separates the top 4.

Saturday sees ..

Us v Brentford
Boro v Forest
Millwall v Villa
Norwich v Stoke
Preston v Wigan
QPR v Derby
Sheffield United v Hull
Swansea v Ipswich
WBA v Reading
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Also as far as I'm aware none of the teams around us have had any injuries or suspensions yet. Let's see how they go when a couple of key players are injured. Whereas we have the luxury of top players returning. Just to show how tight the league is when WBA equalised last night Wednesday went from 5th to 12th...
ChilwellWhite
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by ChilwellWhite »

Just looking at West Broms next 4 fixtures I can see them getting maximum points out of them.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Can't honestly see Sheffield United having a strong enough squad to keep in the top 6.
Nic
Dick Ray's Talent Spotter

Post by Nic »

ChilwellWhite wrote:Just looking at West Broms next 4 fixtures I can see them getting maximum points out of them.
Wigan is prob their biggest challenge of the 4 as wigan haven't lost at home. Though it's irrelevant if we get maximum points :D
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

The weekend after this international break sees the following games.

Sheffield Wednesday v Middlesbrough
Blackburn Rovers v Leeds United
Aston Villa v Swansea City
Brentford v Bristol City
Nottingham Forest v Norwich City
Wigan Athletic v WBA
Derby County v Sheffield United

There's a couple of crackers there :D
ChilwellWhite
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by ChilwellWhite »

Today's Bristol City v Sheffield Wednesday game a win by either side will put them in the play offs. I'm loving this season it's got more twists and turns than a twisty turny thingy. :lol: