Pontus Jansson

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Pontus Jansson

Post by NottinghamWhite »

Will he be charged with bringing the game into disrepute ? If so what charges/fines/suspension will he receive ?
Winner of the Europa League
LAsouthcoast
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Re: Pontus Jansson

Post by LAsouthcoast »

S**t, I didn`t think about that.
ChilwellWhite
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by ChilwellWhite »

It's Leeds so the FA will be rubbing their hands over this. I expect a suspension with a minimum of 3 games. Everything he said was the truth but as a professional footballer you just can't say these things. He was still pumped up after scoring the equaliser and the Ayling 2nd yellow was the rod that broke the camels back. This isn't going to go away but the dugout incident with the head butt shouldn't go unpunished either. Finally as all the pundits are saying it wasn't a penalty but a dive will the club try and get BFP's yellow card rescinded ?
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

There doesn't seem to be any rules as such but a Telegraph article from 2009 they commented on managers who make derogatory remarks about match officials would face disciplinary action, so players won't be exempt. I agree the FA will act & Im expecting a lengthy ban to be issued against Pontus, how long though I've no idea but wouldn't be shocked if it was as much as 5/6 games.
Winner of the Europa League
PockWhite
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by PockWhite »

BPF's yellow won't be rescinded as don't think you can appeal a yellow unless it's a case of mistaken identity?
Pontus ban, shouldn't be, but will be, being as it's Leeds.
Yes I'm cynical, but hey………
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

Maybe I’m being optimistic, but I’d be surprised if he got anything other than a warning about his future conduct.
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
judy
Allan Clarke's tissue supplier

Post by judy »

Heavens, NW, surely he won’t get such a lengthy ban? I know Saiz got 6 for spitting (which completely ruined our season), but that’s a completely different thing. Will he have to go before FL and explain himself? After all what he said was the truth! I hope any punishment will be a fine, but I really have no idea what it might be.
LAsouthcoast
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Post by LAsouthcoast »

I like my horse racing and like most, a lot of other sports. The thing is these days tv companies want to get close to the action , want to get microphones as quickly as they can to people be in places like changing rooms, dug outs and after sportspeople have just finished their action when they are most vulnerable, when something like what happened to Pontus happens its easy for them to just make an apology for swearing and then just move on.
What I would like to is referees giving interviews after games, so they explain decisions made and we could understand a bit more or they could see where they had made a mistake, all round it would make things clearer.
MOT1964
Dick Ray's Talent Spotter

Post by MOT1964 »

NottinghamWhite wrote:Im expecting a lengthy ban to be issued against Pontus, how long though I've no idea but wouldn't be shocked if it was as much as 5/6 games.
Phil Hay
@PhilHayYEP

he might get a fine, no worse than that. I like to hear people speak their minds.
7:56 PM · Oct 7, 2018
Deleted User 3150

Post by Deleted User 3150 »

I hope we are not going to see a repeat of last season's indiscipline from players, with Pontus being one of the culprits

I don't care how much provocation there is, players should be more composed, especially after they have left the pitch!

This kind of behaviour can only harm our side

There is such a thing as complaining diplomatically, which is what adults do