Pontus Jansson

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
PockWhite
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Re: Pontus Jansson

Post by PockWhite »

Grumpy wrote:
PockWhite wrote:BPF's yellow won't be rescinded as don't think you can appeal a yellow unless it's a case of mistaken identity?
Pontus ban, shouldn't be, but will be, being as it's Leeds.
Yes I'm cynical, but hey………
We should be able to claim a case of mistaken identity - it was Watkins who should have been booked :lol:
:clap: :lol:
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

Pontus asked by the FA to explain his “robbery” comment.......

https://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/ ... -1-9392375
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
Mickeyzee
Allan Clarke's tissue supplier

Post by Mickeyzee »

Tbh I love Pontus more for the passionate outburst! He wears his heart on his sleeve, a true Leeds warrior in my eyes!
It's only a game love?! Shut up you daft woman....
Independent Republic
Eddie Gray's leftorium proprietor

Post by Independent Republic »

rss1969 wrote:I think there are bigger things to be concerned about................much more annoyed at Saiz diving for a pen vs Hull & Watkins cheating to win a pen.

Neither of those 2 incidents were 'heat of the moment' they were blatant cheating against fellow professionals and far too much of it goes on. It ruins the integrity of the game and should be stamped out as should any type of holding in the box from corners and set pieces.

I agree RSS. I was at an Evening with Johnny Giles talk last night here in Cork when he said that the only player to dive in his day was Fanny Lee with M City. There was no one trying to get another player sent off because if a guy kicked you you were hell bent in kicking him off the picth later in the match. Football today has become a non-contact pantomime :oops: :oops:
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

Independent Republic wrote:
rss1969 wrote:I think there are bigger things to be concerned about................much more annoyed at Saiz diving for a pen vs Hull & Watkins cheating to win a pen.

Neither of those 2 incidents were 'heat of the moment' they were blatant cheating against fellow professionals and far too much of it goes on. It ruins the integrity of the game and should be stamped out as should any type of holding in the box from corners and set pieces.

I agree RSS. I was at an Evening with Johnny Giles talk last night here in Cork when he said that the only player to dive in his day was Fanny Lee with M City. There was no one trying to get another player sent off because if a guy kicked you you were hell bent in kicking him off the picth later in the match. Football today has become a non-contact pantomime :oops: :oops:
Johnny Giles said kicking him off the pitch later in the match. I always left it to the last 10 minutes which doesn't give them much time to do anything about it. I think that's what Johnny was meaning by later in the match. :D
I once played against Don Revie.
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

https://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/ ... -1-9397246

Well, he's been charged with bringing the game into disrepute.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

Sergi Canos will not be charged with the head butt on Alioski, absolute bloody joke.
Winner of the Europa League
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

NottinghamWhite wrote:Sergi Canos will not be charged with the head butt on Alioski, absolute bloody joke.
I know it was against one of our own, but these "head butt" incidents really make me laugh.
There was no connection and even if there was it would be so gentle as to be more like a forehead kiss and I'd wager 9/10 of them are like that.

It's more like a show of machismo than anything else and utterly pathetic.

I don't think he should be charged, just given a warning that if he does it again he'll be laughed out of town ..
I'd be more embarrassed than anything else.

But then I wouldn't behave like that in the first place ..
PhoenixUnited
Dick Ray's Talent Spotter

Post by PhoenixUnited »

rigger wrote:https://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/ ... -1-9397246

Well, he's been charged with bringing the game into disrepute.
Let's just hope that it will be a slap on the wrist (best case) or a fine (worst case). I doubt he will be let off scot free. :thumbdown:

All these buggers ever need is the slightest opportunity to knock us down a peg or five and they will take it with glee. :sick:

There's a whole parade of these occasions but we keep sticking the chin out. :roll:
Keep The Faith / WAL
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

Apparently Villa owner Tony Xia was hit with a £4000 fine last season after having a rant about Jeremy Simpson.
Winner of the Europa League