Pontus Jansson

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
PockWhite
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Re: Pontus Jansson

Post by PockWhite »

One of the missing posters off the old hands thread is the aussie cop who called himself 'bloody joke' and imho his username sums up this whole situation.
I've just re-watched Canos' headbutt/forehead kiss on youtube and whilst yes contact was minimal (thank goodness as strong contact to the back of the head/neck area could do severe damage to a person), surely the "intent" to headbutt was there (why else would a person thrust their head forwards towards another?).
Also it's the act of a complete coward to attempt to do that to someone behind their back!
PhoenixUnited
Dick Ray's Talent Spotter

Post by PhoenixUnited »

There is no excuse at all for Canos doing what he did. Indeed he looked like a typical coward getting in a sneaky swipe in from behind. Had this been the Leeds dugout you can bet your bottom dollar there would have been uproar and repercussions.

That said I thought that Alioski was pretty stupid in the way that he went wading into their dugout in a very aggressive way. The guy he tried to grab the ball off backed off thankfully. Alioski should not have gone in there and should have approached it better if he absolutely had to.
Keep The Faith / WAL
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

Don't think Pontus's wife had the baby yet so probably won't be available on Saturday.
Winner of the Europa League
Otherworld
Billy Bremner's barbed-wire salesman

Post by Otherworld »

Pontus needs to keep his trap shut, or he’s going to talk his way into trouble...
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

NottinghamWhite wrote:Don't think Pontus's wife had the baby yet so probably won't be available on Saturday.
He played the last game and he said if she phones he'd go but would play until then..... anyone work for Vodafone who can disconnect him for an hour or two on Saturday ?
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

In 1963 I went training at Bracken Edge, Yorkshire Amateur's ground. After training I went to the maternity section at Leeds Infirmary to visit her indoors only to find that she had had the baby. It took many years before I heard the last of it! :shock:
I once played against Don Revie.
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

johnh wrote:In 1963 I went training at Bracken Edge, Yorkshire Amateur's ground. After training I went to the maternity section at Leeds Infirmary to visit her indoors only to find that she had had the baby. It took many years before I heard the last of it! :shock:
Ahem... I was born 1963 ... you ever visit Belfast John :lol:
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

Davycc wrote:
johnh wrote:In 1963 I went training at Bracken Edge, Yorkshire Amateur's ground. After training I went to the maternity section at Leeds Infirmary to visit her indoors only to find that she had had the baby. It took many years before I heard the last of it! :shock:

Not since 1962. :lol:
I once played against Don Revie.
PockWhite
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by PockWhite »

johnh wrote:
Davycc wrote:

Not since 1962. :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :D :D :D :D
Costy
Dick Ray's Talent Spotter

Post by Costy »

rigger wrote:
NottinghamWhite wrote:Sergi Canos will not be charged with the head butt on Alioski, absolute bloody joke.
I know it was against one of our own, but these "head butt" incidents really make me laugh.
There was no connection and even if there was it would be so gentle as to be more like a forehead kiss and I'd wager 9/10 of them are like that.

It's more like a show of machismo than anything else and utterly pathetic.

I don't think he should be charged, just given a warning that if he does it again he'll be laughed out of town ..
I'd be more embarrassed than anything else.

But then I wouldn't behave like that in the first place ..
I do agree with much of the sentiment here, but Eunan 'O Kane was sent off last season against Ipswich for moving his head towards an opponent with a similar amount of, 'ahem', force, and it cost us in that game just like all the red cards we received did. How is this different? It's the lack of consistency that drives people mad.