Leeds United v Scum in Oz

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
Mr Russell
LUFCTALK Moderator

Re: Leeds United v Scum in Oz

Post by Mr Russell »

kk_white wrote:
Mr Russell wrote:
Viduka Hits The Mark wrote:I don't know about you? but i'd do anything for a Castlemaine XXXX, oh and what's that other quality stuff they love over there.... Fosters that's it. :shifty:
You know the funny thing is that no Aussies actually drink Fosters that is why we send it overseas. In my 28+ years I've never seen it in any pub/club.

XXXX should tell you what that beer is like! Queenslanders love the stuff apparently.
Tooheys Old Dark Ale... mmmm!
The dark ale and a brew called Kent old brown ale were the first beers i had when i first came to Australia just over 28 years ago.
Owners come and go but Leeds United will be there forever, for the fans - keep Marching on Together.
birkybullufc
Arthur Fairclough's milliner

Post by birkybullufc »

Is it true Queenslanders call their beer XXXX because they can't spell beer?
Follow the cause not the leaders.
lufctrav
George Graham's Crombie cleaner

Post by lufctrav »

birkybullufc wrote:Is it true Queenslanders call their beer XXXX because they can't spell beer?
They struggle to spell XXXX
Mr Russell
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Mr Russell »

lufctrav wrote:
birkybullufc wrote:Is it true Queenslanders call their beer XXXX because they can't spell beer?
They struggle to spell XXXX
:D so true ;)
Owners come and go but Leeds United will be there forever, for the fans - keep Marching on Together.
jslufcAUS
George Graham's Crombie cleaner

Post by jslufcAUS »

Im from Queensland and I can spell beer, but yes it’s probably true:)

Was very excited to hear about these games, not sure if I’ll make it to the Perth game but I’ll at least go to the Sydney game which is an 11.5 hour drive from my place at Sunrise Beach on the Sunshine Coast. Crazy to think I’ve Ben watching Leeds for 20 years and never seen them live.

*been
Deleted User 3289

Post by Deleted User 3289 »

jslufcAUS wrote:Im from Queensland and I can spell beer, but yes it’s probably true:)

Was very excited to hear about these games, not sure if I’ll make it to the Perth game but I’ll at least go to the Sydney game which is an 11.5 hour drive from my place at Sunrise Beach on the Sunshine Coast. Crazy to think I’ve Ben watching Leeds for 20 years and never seen them live.

*been
Plenty to look forward too JS. Who knows we may have climbed the magic money tree by then and have Messi on our books. :thumbup:
Mr Russell
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Mr Russell »

On the A league site saying the Leeds vs WSW game will be played on Saturday 20th July

linky thing
https://www.a-league.com.au/news/wester ... -july-2019
Babosh
Neil Redfearn's diversity coach

Post by Babosh »

Mr Russell wrote:On the A league site saying the Leeds vs WSW game will be played on Saturday 20th July

linky thing
Yeah saw this on the official club site too:

https://www.leedsunited.com/news/team-n ... -announced

I'm hoping for a fixture to be announced down Melbourne way on top of this, but will most likely try and get to both the Perth and Sydney fixtures as well. Ive also got a season membership with Melbourne Victory so would love it if they organised a matchup with them, although not sure how likely that is.
Mr Russell
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Mr Russell »

Babosh wrote:
Mr Russell wrote:On the A league site saying the Leeds vs WSW game will be played on Saturday 20th July

linky thing
Yeah saw this on the official club site too:

https://www.leedsunited.com/news/team-n ... -announced

I'm hoping for a fixture to be announced down Melbourne way on top of this, but will most likely try and get to both the Perth and Sydney fixtures as well. Ive also got a season membership with Melbourne Victory so would love it if they organised a matchup with them, although not sure how likely that is.
It will depend on when next season's championship starts as to whether there will be more games, another game would be great and imagine down at the MCG or Etihad (or is it Marvel?) against either or a combined Melbourne team(s). Think Sydney will be the closest for me living in Newcastle.
dlw10
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by dlw10 »

Can't see them putting another area in the schedule, maybe a second game in the Sydney area but they are supposed to be doing a training camp there and already they have two games in three days and a day travelling between the two!