Leeds United v Scum in Oz

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
West beach white
Paul Heckingbottom's career advisor

Re: Leeds United v Scum in Oz

Post by West beach white »

dlw10 wrote:Can't see them putting another area in the schedule, maybe a second game in the Sydney area but they are supposed to be doing a training camp there and already they have two games in three days and a day travelling between the two!

I thought I heard Phil hay say on his podcast that there is potential for a third game in Brisbane .
jslufcAUS
George Graham's Crombie cleaner

Post by jslufcAUS »

West beach white wrote:
dlw10 wrote:Can't see them putting another area in the schedule, maybe a second game in the Sydney area but they are supposed to be doing a training camp there and already they have two games in three days and a day travelling between the two!

I thought I heard Phil hay say on his podcast that there is potential for a third game in Brisbane .

Brisvegas! Yes please that’s only 1.25 hrs away for me. Going to shout myself a new shirt I think, my newest one is from 2012, has becchio on the back and is a bit small/tight.
jslufcAUS

Post by jslufcAUS »

Viduka Hits The Mark wrote:
jslufcAUS wrote:Im from Queensland and I can spell beer, but yes it’s probably true:)

Was very excited to hear about these games, not sure if I’ll make it to the Perth game but I’ll at least go to the Sydney game which is an 11.5 hour drive from my place at Sunrise Beach on the Sunshine Coast. Crazy to think I’ve Ben watching Leeds for 20 years and never seen them live.

*been
Plenty to look forward too JS. Who knows we may have climbed the magic money tree by then and have Messi on our books. :thumbup:
Yeah I’d settle for Messi :D
Deebo
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by Deebo »

Pre-Sale to Leeds members and season ticket holders has now started. I just booked a block of 12. If anyone wants to sit in the Leeds Active area, get your tickets quick.

Anyone else from here going from Melbourne? I just found flights from Tiger return for $390!

I used to run Leeds New South Wales, and we are hoping to get 100 tickets from WSW for Leeds fans, so will keep you posted for details.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

Winner of the Europa League
Mr Russell
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Mr Russell »

Possible third match in Oz in July (probably unlikely but in the Age newspaper today) it would be against Western United who will be a new team in the A League.

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/soccer/ ... 513us.html
Owners come and go but Leeds United will be there forever, for the fans - keep Marching on Together.
lufctrav

Post by lufctrav »

Mr Russell wrote:Possible third match in Oz in July (probably unlikely but in the Age newspaper today) it would be against Western United who will be a new team in the A League.

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/soccer/ ... 513us.html
Being in Adelaide, I'd be nailed on for that - especially if it is in Geelong!
Mr Russell
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Mr Russell »

latest article on the Western Sydney vs Leeds game, 100 days to go and 100 years for the Leeds anniversary!

https://www.a-league.com.au/news/100-da ... e-new-home
Owners come and go but Leeds United will be there forever, for the fans - keep Marching on Together.
Grumpy
Neil Redfearn's diversity coach

Post by Grumpy »

Just bought my tickets for this (Sydney) game. It’s being played in brand new stadium and ours will be the first game to be played there. It looks like a fantastic venue and I can just imagine the thousands of Leeds supporters rocking it to the rafters. Can’t wait!!! Western Sydney Wanderers are a very well supported team as well so there will/should be a fantastic atmosphere.

Given the close football/player connection between Leeds and Australia, I would love to think a LUFC trip out here could become a regular event. Not every year obviously but there are a lot of very good players out here so I hope we have a good scouting system now.

When I first migrated to Oz (early 1975) with my family, my boys (then aged 7 & 10) went to the same school and played with Tony DORIGO. Even then it was very much a football (soccer for the Ozzie’s) school and I well remember playing a ‘lads versus dads’ game at school and that little number 2s DORIGO (then aged about 10 or 11) rang rings round me. It was obvious then that he was going to ‘make it’ and I desperately wanted to tell Leeds about him but didn’t know how and I think his dad got him a (successful) trial with Villa.

All’s well that ends well so they say and eventually we got him - and I’m pleased to say, still have him.