Foodbanks at Elland Road (pre-match) before each game

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.

Re: Foodbanks at Elland Road (before Bristol City game)

Postby PockWhite » 25 Nov 2018, 09:03

Another Northern Soul wrote:
PockWhite wrote:Have just put some bits int car before we set off, shame these things (food banks) have to be there, but great effort by all those involved! :thumbup:


Thanks mate, great effort 8-)

Thank you all for even just visiting this thread, I believe it's on again 8th December before QPR game :thumbup:


Cheers ANS. :thumbup:

The 2 ladies who were there when I dropped my bits off were a real credit aswell. Bright, bubbly, cheerful and genuinely grateful for the contributions! :clap: :clap:
User avatar
PockWhite
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché
 
Posts: 5989
Joined: 21 Jan 2010, 17:30
Location: 54 Canal Street

Re: Foodbanks at Elland Road (before Bristol City game)

Postby Another Northern Soul » 25 Nov 2018, 09:13

PockWhite wrote:
Another Northern Soul wrote:
PockWhite wrote:Have just put some bits int car before we set off, shame these things (food banks) have to be there, but great effort by all those involved! :thumbup:


Thanks mate, great effort 8-)

Thank you all for even just visiting this thread, I believe it's on again 8th December before QPR game :thumbup:


Cheers ANS. :thumbup:

The 2 ladies who were there when I dropped my bits off were a real credit aswell. Bright, bubbly, cheerful and genuinely grateful for the contributions! :clap: :clap:


I'll pass that on, thank you.
User avatar
Another Northern Soul
LUFCTALK Moderator
 
Posts: 5571
Joined: 01 Nov 2015, 09:55

Re: Foodbanks at Elland Road (before Bristol City game)

Postby Another Northern Soul » 26 Nov 2018, 11:13

Right folks, news just in!

On Saturday, £476.59 was collected in money donations and the equivalent of 850 meals! :o :thumbup: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

ps these figures don't include the e-donations of money which I know were also sent following this thread on here and waccoe.

Fantastic work by all involved, donors/'donators' especially 8-)
User avatar
Another Northern Soul
LUFCTALK Moderator
 
Posts: 5571
Joined: 01 Nov 2015, 09:55

Re: Foodbanks at Elland Road (before Bristol City game)

Postby NottinghamWhite » 26 Nov 2018, 12:08

Good effort that Rob, with more time before the QPR game I'm sure the above can be beaten. Well done to all on the forum who donated, top lads & lasses.
User avatar
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin
 
Posts: 24818
Joined: 11 Nov 2009, 10:10

Re: Foodbanks at Elland Road (pre-match) QPR next

Postby Another Northern Soul » 02 Dec 2018, 09:31

Hi again. The Trust has kindly helped arrange more foodbank collections, this time it;s with Christmas in mind ;) . Please help if you can and please spread the word. 8-) :thumbup: :clap:

Image
User avatar
Another Northern Soul
LUFCTALK Moderator
 
Posts: 5571
Joined: 01 Nov 2015, 09:55

Re: Foodbanks at Elland Road (pre-match) QPR next

Postby Another Northern Soul » 05 Dec 2018, 11:26

Fab gesture from Barry Douglas and Adam Forshaw on behalf of the Leeds players yesterday - they visited the foodbank armed with lots of food bought specially for the collection. I know that the players did this of their own accord rather than ordered by anyone at the club. Superb stuff.
User avatar
Another Northern Soul
LUFCTALK Moderator
 
Posts: 5571
Joined: 01 Nov 2015, 09:55

Re: Foodbanks at Elland Road (pre-match) QPR next

Postby NottinghamWhite » 05 Dec 2018, 11:47

Another Northern Soul wrote:Fab gesture from Barry Douglas and Adam Forshaw on behalf of the Leeds players yesterday - they visited the foodbank armed with lots of food bought specially for the collection. I know that the players did this of their own accord rather than ordered by anyone at the club. Superb stuff.


Great to read that :thumbup:
User avatar
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin
 
Posts: 24818
Joined: 11 Nov 2009, 10:10

Re: Foodbanks at Elland Road (pre-match) QPR next

Postby saintjimmy » 05 Dec 2018, 13:04

Great effort and will drop by this weekend myself, it’s a shame they’re needed but they’re a godsend to some folk specially round the silly season.
User avatar
saintjimmy
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter
 
Posts: 1076
Joined: 03 Apr 2010, 08:21
Location: Down the pub on hope street

Re: Foodbanks at Elland Road (pre-match) QPR next

Postby Another Northern Soul » 07 Dec 2018, 11:35

Another Northern Soul wrote:Hi again. The Trust has kindly helped arrange more foodbank collections, this time it;s with Christmas in mind ;) . Please help if you can and please spread the word. 8-) :thumbup: :clap:

Image



Bumpity bumpity bump :D
User avatar
Another Northern Soul
LUFCTALK Moderator
 
Posts: 5571
Joined: 01 Nov 2015, 09:55

Re: Foodbanks at Elland Road (pre-match) QPR next

Postby Another Northern Soul » 09 Dec 2018, 09:12

Well played everyone involved! :thumbup: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Sorry if the image is too big, it's only from Twitter so shouldn't be over-sized!

Image
User avatar
Another Northern Soul
LUFCTALK Moderator
 
Posts: 5571
Joined: 01 Nov 2015, 09:55

PreviousNext

Return to LUFC TALK

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests

cron