18 games in

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Re: 18 games in

Post by NottinghamWhite »

The most impressive thing this season is our disciplinary record, last season we seemed to see red every game.
Winner of the Europa League
kk white
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Post by kk white »

NottinghamWhite wrote:The most impressive thing this season is our disciplinary record, last season we seemed to see red every game.
We're currently 12th in the fair play league (adding 1st and last for context):

Yellows, 2xYellow, Reds, Points
Swansea: 14, 0, 1, 19
Leeds: 28, 1, 0, 31
Forest: 46, 1, 1, 54

Funnily enough, we've conceded the most amount of fouls in the league (143).

Last year we ended up in 22nd place, 81 yellows, 3 double yellows, 4 reds.

We're 7 yellows, 1 double yellow and 2 reds better off than at this stage last year. :thumbup:
"An astonishing number of people despise Leeds United or what Leeds United stand for. But this club was never made for them." - Phil Hay
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

kk_white wrote: Funnily enough, we've conceded the most amount of fouls in the league (143).
To be expected given our possession stats.
kk white
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Post by kk white »

rigger wrote:
kk_white wrote: Funnily enough, we've conceded the most amount of fouls in the league (143).
I'd say the opposite Rigger. We've committed most fouls, unusual when we have the ball more than anyone else.
"An astonishing number of people despise Leeds United or what Leeds United stand for. But this club was never made for them." - Phil Hay
Deleted User 728

kk_white wrote:
rigger wrote:
I'd say the opposite Rigger. We've committed most fouls, unusual when we have the ball more than anyone else.
Sorry !
I totally misread the stat.
I thought it meant we'd been fouled the most :lol:

You're right, mate - I need sleep :roll:
Nic
Dick Ray's Talent Spotter

Post by Nic »

Looking back at the "10 games" thread I was hoping for 18 points from 8 games up to and including Sheff Utd. We managed 16, which is still good considering we are just 1 point from the top and there looks to be a points gap opening for the following pack. Form wise, for both last 6 and last 10 matches we are consistent, and whilst it looks like we may not catch Norwich we should hopefully cement 2nd.

Form: Last 6 matches (HOME AND AWAY)
GP W D L GF GA GD Pts
1 Norwich City 6 5 1 0 16 5 +11 16
2 Aston Villa 6 4 1 1 17 8 +9 13
3 Leeds Utd 6 4 1 1 8 6 +2 13
4 Nottm Forest 6 3 3 0 11 6 +5 12

Form: Last 10 matches (HOME AND AWAY)
GP W D L GF GA GD Pts
1 Norwich City 10 7 2 1 21 9 +12 23
2 Birmingham City 10 6 2 2 21 14 +7 20
3 Leeds Utd 10 6 2 2 13 9 +4 20
4 Nottm Forest 10 5 4 1 19 10 +9 19
Deleted User 728

I think we can win the title.

I know I have said I have reservations about burn-out, but the rest of the league is as bonkers as ever so if we can carry on not losing matches and we don't get too many injuries, I don't see why we can't overhaul Norwich.

We're definitely the best footballing side and I would say definitely the fittest too.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

The injuries are a problem but imagine Biesla's headache when Ayling, Berardi, Cooper, Brown, Bamford & Shaughnessy are fit again. Remember we played Norwich, Derby, West Brom & Sheffield United away already & won 3 of 'em :D I'm feeling really confident that in our centenary year were will be celebrating promotion. How has Bielsa transformed this squad is nowt short of a miracle.
Winner of the Europa League
Nic
Dick Ray's Talent Spotter

Post by Nic »

Our fitness is key. I lost count the number of times in the last few seasons where we were winning then sat back after 60 minutes and ended up conceding a late goal, sometimes two. Surely fitness must have been a big part. Now its different, even if we are 1-0 up you expect a second to come in the last half hour. The second half of the season will tell, if our fitness keeps up who knows :D :D
Mr Russell
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Mr Russell »

I like how we can grind out 1-0 wins (sound familiar), like its been mentioned in previous seasons we would have lost most of those games but now with steely resolve we can, we play as a team, we fight as a team and thankfully we are winning as a team, its nice! :D
Owners come and go but Leeds United will be there forever, for the fans - keep Marching on Together.