Would you accept playoffs now?

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
Nic
Dick Ray's Talent Spotter

Re: Would you accept playoffs now?

Post by Nic »

Otherworld wrote:We’re nearly half way through the season, with 2 points per game. If we can keep that going, well go up.

Of the other 5 teams currently in the top 6, we have 4 of them at home. Those games could be very important...

Yes, we have a paper thin squad, and injuries have hit us hard, but our younger have stepped in and performed well. And we have some key players on the way back soon.
We have had injuries and still in an automatic promotion spot, without those injuries we could be leading the pack with a growing points gap. So it is testament to the squad, manager, and system that we are still in the running. As you say, we have players coming back and youngsters coming through who are showing they are capable of performing well to show we can prevail. Are people expecting more injuries, and if so that we won't cope, that the youngsters won't step up or the squad pull together?

We play every game as it comes and aim to win each one, rather than where we are in the table or where we will end up. :ugeek:
Deleted User 5081

Post by Deleted User 5081 »

SiMamu wrote:I would settle for going up through the playoffs, but it would be a feel a bit disappointing, given our current position. For me, I just want us to go up as champions, but I'll accept going up in 2nd place.
This 100% :thumbup:
Deleted User 5081

Honestly speaking, I have said from the start of this season that this is our year and i will stick to that. No way would i take the play-off's, The best teams are not always guaranteed to win them as we have seen over the years and our own experiences of them isn't so good either.

We have a tight squad that has been given a right hammering with injuries yet we are in second place..... We have beaten a lot of good sides this season and failed to ignite in some of those also. We have rode our luck at times i agree, but in the scheme of things we have had a lot against us and we are prevailing against all the odds. If this is down to Bielsa and his tactics then I can honestly say he is a 12th man in that regard but Applaud the team who cross that white line and have endured each week. remember that these are mostly the same players we had last season and we have overcome a lot of doubters this year.

Come May we will be going up either as Champions or in Second place. (Blinkered I may be), As a Leeds fan i am entitled to finally feel the hope that was deserted from existence over the past fifteen years. MOT and BELIEVE.
SCOTTISH LEEDS
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by SCOTTISH LEEDS »

Simple answer is No.

This is our season, Believe.
bedfordwhites
Brian McDermott's optician

Post by bedfordwhites »

NO , we are going up automatically, doing so well even with all our injury problems, once we get back to a fully fit squad, we can kick on even more with perhaps a couple more additions in January.Good days are coming back. MOT.
Micky_P_Kerr
Giddy Kipper

Post by Micky_P_Kerr »

Definitely not for me. Marcelo is creating something exciting and I want to see how far it can go.

On that note, me and my mates on the phat chants podcast are releasing the Bielsa Rhapsody on Thursday (for the Forget Me Not children's charity). Have a listen and here and download it on release to see if we can't get Bielsa to Christmas number one!

https://mobile.twitter.com/phatchantspo ... 0569648128

Cheers

ALAW
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

Micky_P_Kerr wrote:Definitely not for me. Marcelo is creating something exciting and I want to see how far it can go.

On that note, me and my mates on the phat chants podcast are releasing the Bielsa Rhapsody on Thursday (for the Forget Me Not children's charity). Have a listen and here and download it on release to see if we can't get Bielsa to Christmas number one!

Cheers

ALAW
Welcome to the forum :thumbup: I'll be downloading & asking all our members do the same.
Winner of the Europa League
Deleted User 5081

Micky_P_Kerr wrote:Definitely not for me. Marcelo is creating something exciting and I want to see how far it can go.

Cheers

ALAW
I watched the video on youtube a few weeks ago and i thought it was excellent. One of my favorite bands Queen. :thumbup:

Hope it goes well for you and the Children's Charity.