LFU announcement

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Re: LFU announcement

Post by NottinghamWhite »

I still await my money & it seems most have had theirs back
Winner of the Europa League
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

Now sorted money on the way
Winner of the Europa League
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

NottinghamWhite wrote:Mixed feelings about this at first I was pleased now after thinking about it I'm not sure. I thought the money raised was to buy Cellino out but now it seems the monies going towards a new training ground.

Confused of Nottingham :roll:
This.

I would never consider putting money in. What may be a big amount to each of us, in total, is peanuts in football finance these days. Unless you are happy to invest, write it off, and frame whatever documentation you receive and hang it on the wall, then keep well away.
I once played against Don Revie.
isrodger
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by isrodger »

johnh wrote:
NottinghamWhite wrote:Mixed feelings about this at first I was pleased now after thinking about it I'm not sure. I thought the money raised was to buy Cellino out but now it seems the monies going towards a new training ground.

Confused of Nottingham :roll:
This.

I would never consider putting money in. What may be a big amount to each of us, in total, is peanuts in football finance these days. Unless you are happy to invest, write it off, and frame whatever documentation you receive and hang it on the wall, then keep well away.
I strongly argued the point with the people concerned at the time. Leeds United needs a billionaire, not us all having a whip round to fund the club. At the time I felt the group should shift focus & attempt to fund the purchase of the ground - a pitch owners exercise... 1000 fans paying £20k for a share, with bond holders getting something like a 2.5% coupon and discount of a season ticket. Cellino was up for it, as were some real players in Leeds. The beauty of that is the club could be owned by any number of unscrupulous owners and go bust, but the fans (albeit wealthy ones) would always own the ground and the club could go again.

Whilst I don’t dispute the individuals involved were well intended, they were imho somewhat naive. In hindsight I actually felt they were a little disingenuous, as when I spoke to them they urged me to invest the maximum (£125k from memory) when it later turned out the most any of them had invested was £25k.

Never understood why returned funds was limited to 90% ? - I sincerely everybody gets every penny back they contributed.
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

I seem to recall that the 10% was for administration costs? If so, it represents a lot of administration.
I once played against Don Revie.