LFU announcement

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
Deleted User 5081

Re: LFU announcement

Post by Deleted User 5081 »

Seems like a scam of some sort has been done on Loyal fans money. Pretty sad to see how peoples intentions change so quickly once money gets involved.

Well done Phil for pulling out of it. although i would be a little annoyed by only getting 90% of the money back as that initial investment had been earning for nearly 4 years and i have seen some investments making up a huge amount of interest over time if it was invested in some other areas of the stock markets or the forex.
Another Northern Soul
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Another Northern Soul »

CorkWhite wrote:Seems like a scam of some sort has been done on Loyal fans money. Pretty sad to see how peoples intentions change so quickly once money gets involved.

Well done Phil for pulling out of it. although i would be a little annoyed by only getting 90% of the money back as that initial investment had been earning for nearly 4 years and i have seen some investments making up a huge amount of interest over time if it was invested in some other areas of the stock markets or the forex.
No scam at all mate, please let's not go down that route as it has been argued to death.

All of us who put money in were made fully aware that it would be 90% refund available if it came to that.

Most folk probably know how aggrieved I personally have been at how LFU 'developed' and their actions and attitude have been shoddy at times to say the least but it is wrong to infer that they were out to scam anyone :thumbup:
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

Agree with Rob here not a scam & was fully aware that I’d only get 90% of my investment back. It’s a real shame that the original purpose was never achieved as at the time despite his many followers Cellino was not the man I wanted at the helm of my club. We have such a long way under Radrizzani & I know he’s not invested in the squad as heavily as some would like but let’s not forget Costa will cost us £13m next year. As it happens the bank details were incorrect but I had an email first thing yesterday & a few minutes later everything was resolved.
Winner of the Europa League
Deleted User 5081

Post by Deleted User 5081 »

Another Northern Soul wrote:
CorkWhite wrote:Seems like a scam of some sort has been done on Loyal fans money. Pretty sad to see how peoples intentions change so quickly once money gets involved.

No scam at all mate, please let's not go down that route as it has been argued to death.

All of us who put money in were made fully aware that it would be 90% refund available if it came to that.

Most folk probably know how aggrieved I personally have been at how LFU 'developed' and their actions and attitude have been shoddy at times to say the least but it is wrong to infer that they were out to scam anyone :thumbup:
My apologies mate, I never meant for it to come across as being so crude as it looks now to me. I guess i have see a lot of scams over the years with regards to companies enticing people to buy into shares of the company with the best of intentions at the very start of the selling of shares, only to be swindled out of the shares not long after they were issued which was a money raising scam on the company's part.

The Philippines is full of scams and scammers and i guess i am just a little over zealous and extra careful when it comes to share options even if its to do with Leeds United. The intentions at the time were very good intentions as it was to get Cellino out and again my apologies for misinterpreting it and there was no offence intended if any was received from anyone by my post.

Long live free speech but properly thought out speech :thumbup:
Another Northern Soul
LUFCTALK Moderator

CorkWhite wrote:
Another Northern Soul wrote:

My apologies mate, I never meant for it to come across as being so crude as it looks now to me. I guess i have see a lot of scams over the years with regards to companies enticing people to buy into shares of the company with the best of intentions at the very start of the selling of shares, only to be swindled out of the shares not long after they were issued which was a money raising scam on the company's part.

The Philippines is full of scams and scammers and i guess i am just a little over zealous and extra careful when it comes to share options even if its to do with Leeds United. The intentions at the time were very good intentions as it was to get Cellino out and again my apologies for misinterpreting it and there was no offence intended if any was received from anyone by my post.

Long live free speech but properly thought out speech :thumbup:
No harm done chum! I doubt anyone is offended by your comment, I'm certainly not. I could really go to town in criticism of certain people involved with LFU and their motives but I've never thought theft or fraud was involved. You're not out of order saying it as there were plenty of allegations in recent months, I just want to I hope put the record straight.

Also, not that it's really important, LFU's sole objective was to buy a significant share into the club, it was nothing to do with Cellino directly, he was just the owner at the time. And I possibly upset a few on here with my erm forthright views on him :lol:
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

It took me about 2 seconds to decide not to invest. This project could never hope to raise enough money for it to have an influence on the running of Leeds United. How much did it raise? (10% of £1m is £100k). Like ANS, I am not inferring that this was a scam but if I was an investor, I would want a breakdown of the 10% fees retention'. This could be a sizeable amount.
I once played against Don Revie.
Another Northern Soul
LUFCTALK Moderator

johnh wrote:It took me about 2 seconds to decide not to invest. This project could never hope to raise enough money for it to have an influence on the running of Leeds United. How much did it raise? (10% of £1m is £100k). Like ANS, I am not inferring that this was a scam but if I was an investor, I would want a breakdown of the 10% fees retention'. This could be a sizeable amount.
They raised £500k which I also thought disappointing, though there were almost certainly assurances from larger potential investors as they were promised financial returns whereas the 'common' fans weren't. That's how I saw it.

It's irrelevant now and the 'cause' has shifted and for many there isn't a 'cause' needed anymore (ie fan ownership, aiming to get rid of disreputable owners in charge) but Cellino did say he was ready to sell to LFU but then changed his mind (the right thing to do TBF, I feel now in retrospect :angel: )
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

Going to sell up and move to Retrospect, I'd never make a bad decision there. Or just down the road in Jeopardy casue there always jobs there.
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

Davycc wrote:Going to sell up and move to Retrospect, I'd never make a bad decision there. Or just down the road in Jeopardy casue there always jobs there.

Yeah, Hindsight is a good place to be too.
I once played against Don Revie.
Nic
Dick Ray's Talent Spotter

Post by Nic »

johnh wrote:It took me about 2 seconds to decide not to invest. This project could never hope to raise enough money for it to have an influence on the running of Leeds United. How much did it raise? (10% of £1m is £100k). Like ANS, I am not inferring that this was a scam but if I was an investor, I would want a breakdown of the 10% fees retention'. This could be a sizeable amount.
At least they were upfront about how much you would get back, it wasn't an investment really more the idea of having a stake and if it failed getting most of your money back. The big investors probably got guarantees of returns and the people organising probably weren't doing it for free, so the 10% were for costs involved should they be unsuccessful. Like you I chose not to invest because it would not be an investment but paying to say you had a stake (akin to buying 1 square foot of scotland s you can call yourself a lord/lady). Also running a club is expensive, so if we had say bought a 5% stake in the club, how long before we were asked to stump up more to keep are percentage as a new share sale done to get more funds or have your share diluted.