No January Signings

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Re: No January Signings

Post by johnh »

No January signings? Very familiar stats today. 20 attempts on goal, 6 on target, = no goals. WE NEED A STRIKER.
I once played against Don Revie.
SiMamu
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by SiMamu »

johnh wrote:No January signings? Very familiar stats today. 20 attempts on goal, 6 on target, = no goals. WE NEED A STRIKER.
"A man with new ideas is a madman. Until his ideas triumph."
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

How many minutes has he played since he signed?
I once played against Don Revie.
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

johnh wrote:How many minutes has he played since he signed?
Don't think he's started a game yet so why write him off.

No signings come with a guarantee they won't get injured.
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
bedfordwhites
Brian McDermott's optician

Post by bedfordwhites »

Not just because of his goals against us today, but i think Bowen would be a good addition up front for us, he would add a bit more versatility for us , hopefully we will also have a fully fit Bamford for the 2nd half of the season, as the pressure increases on the team for the search of promotion. A couple more additions would help as the squad does tend to look a bit thin at times especailly when injuries or suspensions happen. MOT.
sgt_pooly
George Graham's Crombie cleaner

Post by sgt_pooly »

Before today's game in 2 previous matches the opposition had 4 shots on targets equalling 4 goals, great stats.

Agree on Bowen, he'd be a great signing.
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

sgt_pooly wrote:Before today's game in 2 previous matches the opposition had 4 shots on targets equalling 4 goals, great stats.

Agree on Bowen, he'd be a great signing.
Who was at fault for them ?

Agree Bowen looks a good player.
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
SG90
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Post by SG90 »

We can't say we don't need new signings as players are coming back from injury, as whenever someone gets fits someone else seems to get injured.
We definitely need to replace Saiz and Blackman and I think we need another CB as well. What would happen if Pablo and Jansson got injured? We don't have another creator without Pablo now Saiz has gone and we need another dominant CB. Huth until the end of the season on a pay as you play deal would be a good signing. Tom Heaton on loan would give us a huge boost at the back and he has the experience of promotion. I still think we need more goals at CM as Klich has dried up and Forshaw and Phillips have 0.
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

SG90 wrote:We can't say we don't need new signings as players are coming back from injury, as whenever someone gets fits someone else seems to get injured.
We definitely need to replace Saiz and Blackman and I think we need another CB as well. What would happen if Pablo and Jansson got injured? We don't have another creator without Pablo now Saiz has gone and we need another dominant CB. Huth until the end of the season on a pay as you play deal would be a good signing. Tom Heaton on loan would give us a huge boost at the back and he has the experience of promotion. I still think we need more goals at CM as Klich has dried up and Forshaw and Phillips have 0.
Again on paper good signings but something has changed at ER the majority of these players were at best average last season so whatever it is that MB has changed needs to fit any player coming in. With MB's attention to detail I'm sure he'll have an idea of just what players can bring, good and bad to the team. Again if he doesn't want certain players even ones we think would be great additions then I'm with him.
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
LAsouthcoast
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Post by LAsouthcoast »

Results will be make peoples minds up on this subject. If we have 3 or 4 defeats on the trot, the negative posters will be at the key boards saying that we should have made signings and vice versa the other way. Personally I would like to see 1 or 2 in because I feel it would freshen up the changing room and in training , it would give an extra edge to players, if that doesn't happen I`m happy to trust MB and hope he gets us to the Premier League.