No January Signings

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
Nic
Dick Ray's Talent Spotter

Re: No January Signings

Post by Nic »

sgt_pooly wrote:"For goalkeeping, first of all I think it is just a case of loss of confidence on the part of BPF and that could be eased if our ‘fans’ stopped their public negative comments on his performances."

I've seen this mentioned a few times and to be Frank, its utter rubbish to suggest this.

BPF has continually made errors this season, you're telling me its somebody knocking him on Facebook that is causing this?

The simple fact with Farrell is he's not currently good enough. Yes he makes some good saves, but more so than any other keeper at this level?

Yes he's one of our own, but that doesn't mean everybody should blindly back him. He's making mistakes, we need better.....we're Leeds.
So the rest of the squad are better? Look at Roofe, he had loads of chances, and some nailed on but he only managed two goals in the last match. At this level we need a clinical finisher, not one who wastes chances. WBA have scored ten more goals than us, we need better we're Leeds.

Okay I'm not serious, and the point has been made before, but I don't understand all the BPF knocking. Sure if we were leaking goals due to his errors and it was only the goal scoring machines up front that was making the difference, but its not. Considering we've let in 4 goals in the last two matches only ONE team in the championship has conceded LESS goals than Leeds. So that's TWENTY TWO teams who have conceded more goals than us.

Goalkeepers make mistakes, and they are highlighted, strikers miss absolute sitters and that's never mentioned again. Yes I know its normal, but it's not as if we are not top of the league, with the second most tight defence, held 10 clean sheets with only Middlesbrough conceding less and having more clean sheets than us.
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

All speculation and good for a bit of discussion but for me it's a case of in Bielsa I trust. If we bring in a keeper either to replace BPF or to push him then fine. If we don't then I'm happy enough. Yes the young fella has mad mistakes but I'm sure all the talk of MB improving players doesn't stop at those between the sticks. He's also saved us quite a few points problem is unless it's a worldie save then its just expected from him, or any other keeper.

PS be careful what you wish for.
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
PockWhite
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by PockWhite »

His penalty save v Reading was top drawer, it was a very well taken peno imho.
Could yet be a defining moment in our season?
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

BPF is a fine goalkeeper already.

Imagine how he'll be at 30 ?

For all those who want him out of the side, think about Kaspar Schmeichel for a moment.
We had him at a very young age and let him go, but look at him now.

If we forgive Phillips, Shack and Clarke the odd lapse/mistake/drop in form, why can't we do the same for Bailey ??
yorkfan
Simon Grayson's Hairdresser

Post by yorkfan »

rigger wrote:BPF is a fine goalkeeper already.

For all those who want him out of the side, think about Kaspar Schmeichel for a moment.

If we forgive Phillips, Shack and Clarke the odd lapse/mistake/drop in form, why can't we do the same for Bailey ??
:clap: :clap:
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

Well said Rigs :thumbup:
Winner of the Europa League
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

sgt_pooly wrote:"For goalkeeping, first of all I think it is just a case of loss of confidence on the part of BPF and that could be eased if our ‘fans’ stopped their public negative comments on his performances."

I've seen this mentioned a few times and to be Frank, its utter rubbish to suggest this.

BPF has continually made errors this season, you're telling me its somebody knocking him on Facebook that is causing this?
Theres quite a few sports psychologists out there that may disagree with you on that one, maybe even one amongst the backroom staff at ER who are doing a great job so far.
The simple fact with Farrell is he's not currently good enough. Yes he makes some good saves, but more so than any other keeper at this level?
As stated by another member, he seems to be doing pretty good along with the defence at stopping the number of times the wee round thing ends up in the onion bag
Yes he's one of our own, but that doesn't mean everybody should blindly back him. He's making mistakes, we need better.....we're Leeds.
Yes we are Leeds and at the minute that's a Championship side, a very good one recently yes but to other TOP players still a Championship side. Barring Randolph at M'bro theres no one in the league who is any better and as much as being Leeds is fantastic I can't see a regular Premiership, La Liga etc keeper jumping ship to join us even with MB at the helm.
Last edited by Davycc on 29 Dec 2018, 10:51, edited 1 time in total.
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
The Thrones Murders
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

NottinghamWhite wrote:

Well said Rigs :thumbup:

Spot on :thumbup:
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
The Thrones Murders
Deleted User 3289

Post by Deleted User 3289 »

I'm in the bring afew players in camp, providing we can get the right quality. We are in a great position in the league (who wouldn't want to be part of a promotion side), so for me the more players we add to the squad, the more choice it gives MB in case of injury. There is no sign of it yet, but i would suggest the players will tire at some point during the run in. If you look at the bench in the last 2 games i'm not sure there is enough quality there to see us home?

Lets be honest we can't keep talking about Brown replacing Saiz, he may not play at all? Its going to take him especially, and possibly Bamford, after his latest setback afew games to get up to speed. The keeper situation is a given for me and i'm sure the club have someone in mind if Darlow won't be available. Problem is when a keeper makes a mistake it usually ends up with the ball in the back of the net and can be defining during a game.

The players have done fantastically well so far and if MB doesn't think we need anyone, then i'm right behind him. If it were me, i would be looking for a Striker, Attacking midfielder, and a Keeper.
saihtam
Brian McDermott's optician

Post by saihtam »

I think there is no need to break the bank and disturb the first team. If something opens up then yes, but the only worrying thing is fitness and injuries. Maybe some youngster with potential in to just reinforce our team a bit.

But the MOST important thing is not to lose anyone, if we manage this I consider it a good Jan transfer window.

Bonus would be Roofe new contract.