No January Signings

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Re: No January Signings

Post by Davycc »

rigger wrote:Good post RSS and (for once ;) ) I completely agree with you.

I think it's about time Marcelo got on to Spurs and City and cashed in a few favours from the two managers who sing his praises the loudest.

Might I suggest Alderweireld, Kane, Aguero and Delph ? :D
Agree but they can keep Kane, he can't dive as well as Alioski
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
mtsi5630
Paul Heckingbottom's career advisor

Post by mtsi5630 »

Viduka Hits The Mark wrote:
mtsi5630 wrote:It was interesting to read Forshaw’s comments regarding Saiz’ departure. The togetherness of the squad is key and to bring in a player that might not fit in could be disastrous. As with all things this season in Bielsa I trust. He’s proven he knows what he’s doing.
Not buying that sorry. If our players don't welcome a new member to the squad, then its them that have got the problem. If the club decide to bring in some players then its down to MB alone to decide where and how he wants them to play, everyone else gets on with there respective jobs. We all must have some doubts about the current size and quality of the squad? I know i do. The players (in their own words) have never been pushed so hard in pre-season, can this small squad keep this pace up in the run in?

I know its difficult to find good players in Jan, and i'm not talking about breaking the bank either, but if we could find some useful loan players then i'm all for it. The lad from Liverpool banging them in at Derby. Someone like Mooy at Huddersfield who they initially loaned from City. Woodburn at the Blades from Liverpool. There are good young exciting players out there its up to the club to strike some deals. Its not like we are struggling in mid-table with nothing to play for.

Any player at this stage of the season should have a good level of fitness. Its our players coming back from injuries that worries me. How long is it going to take Brown to get upto full fitness after that bad and lengthy injury? Bamford after his injury plays 20-30mins and he is out again injured. For me, why we are in such a great position, lets try and attract some good players to help us push on in the second half of the season. If MB has turned this team into promotion contenders, then think what he could do with 3-4 promising players to help him along. Imo having more players to choose from is a no-brainer.
It’s not a case of the current squad not welcoming, it’s more whether the attitude of the new guy fits the culture of the squad. Bielsa is a humble guy and he has imprinted his philosophy on the group. There are way too many overpaid Prima Donnas about. As with any organisation, hiring for cultural fit should always come before ability. Look at Scum. They brought in Mourinho, a well proven PL manager and he was shocking. Solkjsaer has come in as a Scum through and through and the results speak for themselves.

I’m not saying we don’t need extra bodies, just urging caution not to rush in and potentially ruin our chances with a bad egg.
Deleted User 3289

Post by Deleted User 3289 »

I think the days of Leeds affording Prima donna's are long gone. :thumbup: Most of the big clubs have the same philosophy about attitude these days. Get your head down and work hard and if your good enough you will succeed, if they are not, they will be destined for a bitter existence in league 2 football telling everyone they should be playing for England. :D