Spygate

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
Nic
Dick Ray's Talent Spotter

Re: Spygate

Post by Nic »

EFL chief Shaun Harvey has assured Bolton Wanderers supporters that the league will work towards a swift conclusion to the club’s takeover.

Ken Anderson confirmed on Sunday that an agreement in principle has been reached with a potential buyer, believed to be the Football Ventures (Whites) consortium.

Due diligence is now underway and will continue towards the weekend in an effort to create a business plan to be submitted to the league.

It is not yet known how long the due diligence process will take to complete but with Wanderers scrapping to maintain their Championship status and a number of financial obligations falling due on the current owner within a matter of weeks, time is now of the essence.

Harvey says the league will not seek to slow down the process.

“We have always committed with Bolton Wanderers, as indeed any other club, that we will work with the potential purchasers as quickly as possible and certainly won’t be hanging around to get it through to a conclusion,” he said on Jim White’s Talksport Radio show.
Hmmm, we know how speedy they can be, or is it different if Leeds aren't involved!!
Deleted User 5081

Post by Deleted User 5081 »

In Fairness i thought Radz application went through very quickly when he applied. What took so long with GFH and even more so with Cellino was the intricacies involved. Firstly Ken Bates had so many offshore accounts no one knew exactly what assets we owned and who else had thier dirty fingers in our pie along with him. Rooting out all that conundrum would have taken GFH Capital an age. Then the football league had to decide if they had genuine money or not like any other club.

Cellino on the other hand had money but he was a very shady character, he was known long before he set his sights on LUFC. I think it was reported he was refused a bid on another club in teh Championship (not sure which one it was) When it came to LUFC and Cellino they took a long time to make the decision and in truth they did take action against him while he was the owner too. This helped in getting rid of him from Leeds. My only beef is, why would they refuse him ownership of another club and yet decide to give him a chance at a bigger club like Leeds? Was Shaun Harvey hoping he would ruin Leeds United so his bestie could come in again and buy it for one pound again?
Nic
Dick Ray's Talent Spotter

Post by Nic »

CorkWhite wrote: Cellino on the other hand had money but he was a very shady character, he was known long before he set his sights on LUFC. I think it was reported he was refused a bid on another club in teh Championship (not sure which one it was) When it came to LUFC and Cellino they took a long time to make the decision and in truth they did take action against him while he was the owner too. This helped in getting rid of him from Leeds. My only beef is, why would they refuse him ownership of another club and yet decide to give him a chance at a bigger club like Leeds? Was Shaun Harvey hoping he would ruin Leeds United so his bestie could come in again and buy it for one pound again?
West Ham was the team
Four years ago Cellino tried to buy West Ham United but was beaten to the punch by the two Davids, Sullivan and Gold. “I was used,” he said. “Back then they used me to show the real buyer that someone else wanted to buy the club.

Read more at: https://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/ ... -1-6554928
From articles such as
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footb ... dster.html

It is very hard o believe the EFL did not know about Cellino before the Leeds takeover. Then again not sure who else would have bought Bates out.