Spygate

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
Leonickroberts
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Re: Spygate

Post by Leonickroberts »

Just catching up on these and surprised to see nobody thinks the 'spy' was meant to get caught all along as a way of sending the Derby management and players down a moral outrage spiral to distract from the match.

Spying and not getting caught would be easy, surely.
'When he plays on snow, he doesn't leave any footprints’
Deleted User 5081

Post by Deleted User 5081 »

Selby White wrote:The funny part of it all for me is the fact the spy got caught so MB didn't get his inside information and we still totally outclassed them.
Its all silly to be honest. I don't condone cheating in a game but come on.....this wasn't anything bad at all. If they are so paranoid about people watching their practice sessions than they should invest in having prison sized walls for heavens sake. If there is just a simple wire fence surround the training pitch then Derby are just looking for this kind of thing to happen. I wouldn't personally send someone to openly watch a game of an opposition and get caught, Id send them to be discreet and take notes but without being too obvious about it. I find nothing wrong with it either. I'm sure Derby have done the same to others at times in the past.

I put the whole balloon effect on the Media who love to hate anything LUFC. If we get docked points or a heavy fine I believe we really can 100% believe we are being chosen as the club who always has to be the one who is given punishment to make an example for others. Its like being the black sheep of the English FA and the child thats always being scolded and the other runts are left off. I hate having the FA as unfavorable parents. They need parenting lesson skills.
Leeds in Tassie
Giddy Kipper

Post by Leeds in Tassie »

Live in Bellerive, near Hobart
Nic
Dick Ray's Talent Spotter

Post by Nic »

CorkWhite wrote:
Selby White wrote:The funny part of it all for me is the fact the spy got caught so MB didn't get his inside information and we still totally outclassed them.
Its all silly to be honest. I don't condone cheating in a game but come on.....this wasn't anything bad at all. If they are so paranoid about people watching their practice sessions than they should invest in having prison sized walls for heavens sake. If there is just a simple wire fence surround the training pitch then Derby are just looking for this kind of thing to happen. I wouldn't personally send someone to openly watch a game of an opposition and get caught, Id send them to be discreet and take notes but without being too obvious about it. I find nothing wrong with it either. I'm sure Derby have done the same to others at times in the past.

I put the whole balloon effect on the Media who love to hate anything LUFC. If we get docked points or a heavy fine I believe we really can 100% believe we are being chosen as the club who always has to be the one who is given punishment to make an example for others. Its like being the black sheep of the English FA and the child thats always being scolded and the other runts are left off. I hate having the FA as unfavorable parents. They need parenting lesson skills.
Why let facts get in the way of a good story! It was someone on public land watching through a fence - as stated clubs can make changes to their security if they wish to. Lots of the media are not really discussing what happened, but just calling it spygate and whether its wrong and consequences that should happen. I guess this is because if they clarified that someone from the club was on public land outside the ground was stopped by police because of lampard's wife and then released when stated was from leeds and just watching the training session. Nothing was kept hidden or denied when asked, no offense committed, and he could not have had bolt cutters or pliers on him otherwise he would not have been released without caution.
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

Very good article in the Telegraph Sport today by James Ducker. A good summary of the article is 'nothing to see here'.
I once played against Don Revie.
SCOTTISH LEEDS
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by SCOTTISH LEEDS »

Frank saying Chelsea didnt spy:-

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/46869372
SiMamu
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by SiMamu »

SCOTTISH LEEDS wrote:Frank saying Chelsea didnt spy:-

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/46869372
Even though there are literally articles with quotes from Villas-Boas saying they did. And I thought Lampard was meant to be one of the brighter footballers, what a shame.
"A man with new ideas is a madman. Until his ideas triumph."
BrighouseWhite
David O'Leary's baby-sitter

Post by BrighouseWhite »

In a radio interview a couple of weekends ago, the Lincoln City manager admitted he once had staff from the visiting team's hotel ring him up and tell him which players had booked in. So he knew in advance who was playing and who was missing. This isn't any different to what Bielsa did but quite rightly nobody has made such a big fuss about it, trying to get an advantage has been going on since football was invented.
There's light at the end of the tunnel and the future's looking very bright indeed.
Sniffer
Arthur Fairclough's milliner

Post by Sniffer »

I saw this earlier and got annoyed so feel free NOT to click on the link. It's Jermaine Jenas trying (poorly) to justify us getting a points deduction.

https://www.facebook.com/BBCMOTD/videos ... E2OTU3NDE/
Leonickroberts
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Post by Leonickroberts »

Sniffer wrote:I saw this earlier and got annoyed so feel free NOT to click on the link. It's Jermaine Jenas trying (poorly) to justify us getting a points deduction.

https://www.facebook.com/BBCMOTD/videos ... E2OTU3NDE/
Thanks for the trigger warning Sniffer. Even the thought of a points deduction in this otherwise wonderful season is making my blood boil - definitely couldn't handle that weapons grade moron Jenas talking about spygate on a cold Monday evening...
'When he plays on snow, he doesn't leave any footprints’